Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

When working my last day at a petrol station after being fired, I was out the back alleyway sweeping and packing cardboard in the compressor. The girl who I had a bit of a crush on walked by and complemented the job I was doing saying that she never saw the place so tidy. As she was about to walk off I called her back and went ahead and asked her out. She said no, but she was nice about it and explained she'd a boyfriend. She also said it was so unfair that I got fired. As she walked off it only took me only a few seconds to realise that main office was behind the wall in that alleyway right where we were standing. When I looked up I could see that the little window was open, and I could hear a bit of talking and laughter. I think the manager and the accounts lady were in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

When working my last day at a petrol station after being fired, I was out the back alleyway sweeping and packing cardboard in the compressor. The girl who I had a bit of a crush on walked by and complemented the job I was doing saying that she never saw the place so tidy. As she was about to walk off I called her back and went ahead and asked her out. She said no, but she was nice about it and explained she'd a boyfriend. She also said it was so unfair that I got fired. As she walked off it only took me only a few seconds to realise that main office was behind the wall in that alleyway right where we were standing. When I looked up I could see that the little window was open, and I could hear a bit of talking and laughter. I think the manager and the accounts lady were in there.

You have terrible luck with jobs it seems

On another job I worked, there was a girl I'd worked with a few times on the check outs. One day she was kitted out for the deli because of under-staffing. As I entered the break room, I didn't recognise her with her hair all tucked away, and possibly because of the lighting. As I was new on the job I presumed she was a staff member that I hadn't yet met, so I introduced myself! There were others in the room when it happened and they all had a good laugh at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

On another job I worked, there was a girl I'd worked with a few times on the check outs. One day she was kitted out for the deli because of under-staffing. As I entered the break room, I didn't recognise her with her hair all tucked away, and possibly because of the lighting. As I was new on the job I presumed she was a staff member that I hadn't yet met, so I introduced myself! There were others in the room when it happened and they all had a good laugh at me.

I did a variant of this except I thought someone else was my partner at the time and let's just say we had fun.....but my partner didn't think it was fun when they found out!

Set up an account on boards to go through the soccer forum and thank everyones posts slagging liverpool

Set up an account and pretended english wasnt my first language and that I use grammarly a lot

Neither of the above were actually me but a grown man behaves like that and I'm embarrassed for him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

gwalk wrote: »
    Set up an account on boards to go through the soccer forum and thank everyones posts slagging liverpool

Set up an account and pretended english wasnt my first language and that I use grammarly a lot

Neither of the above were actually me but a grown man behaves like that and I'm embarrassed for him

I’m actually embarrassed for you ! Imagine even noticing that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You must be new to internet forums if that's a revelation to you.

Its discussed in many threads on that forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

I met a friend in a busy crowded shop who was with a child. The child was right beside the friend and had their back turned to me looked at something else. I didn't take much notice of the child but they had long hair and assumed a girl. At the end of the conversation I asked who's the little girl you're baby sitting?........................The child turned around in rage and only then did I realise that this child was actually a mid 40's adult.

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    I did a variant of this except I thought someone else was my partner at the time and let's just say we had fun.....but my partner didn't think it was fun when they found out!
    You lucky bastard. Although I should try as a pickup trick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

BDI wrote: »
    One time I went in for a spray tan. It was one of them places where you go into a booth the tan comes from little spray nozzles from the front then it buzzes and spray comes from nozzles behind you to do their back.

Anyway I’m male so didn’t want to be too obvious so asked for a 2 level tan.

So I got sprayed on the front then stupidly turned around when it buzzed. I got sprayed again on the front.

I was now a four on the front and a zero on the back.

So I went back in to even it out. The guy I guess who controls the spray changed the settings to suit my movements and I tried to move the opposite way and ended up being an 8 on the front and a zero on the back.

There are very funny stories on this thread, but I have hurt myself laughing at this one...

Gynoid wrote: »
    There are very funny stories on this thread, but I have hurt myself laughing at this one...

It's so good it's even on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Myself and a friend were out for a few beers at a upscale establishment in Dublin a few years ago. We went out for cigars to the smoking room where he proceeded to let off an ungodly duck fart thinking the coast was clear. Seconds later a stunning looking lady brushed past us looking very angry and red faced. She’d been around the corner and heard and probably smelled what my mate had let off. I’m pretty sure she thought I did it and we reckon she knew the bar staff too so we just left after it. Pretty embarrassing.

That lady needs to get a sense of humour. That situation sounds hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Back in my college days I started dating a girl and we were getting along really well. The first time I slept in her room, after more than several pints, I woke in the middle of the night to discover that I'd p!ssed the bed which we were sharing. The embarrassment was so bad that I just got up and dressed myself, then sat on her floor for a while feeling truly awful.

Luckily, she was a really great girl and when she woke she obviously realised what I'd done, but she was so understanding and assured me she didn't mind. It obviously didn't worry her too much as we stayed together for over a year after that.

Thankfully it never happened again, but I can still feel the pain of waking up and realising that I'd p!ssed all over my new girlfriend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I got so pissed one night that I fell off a swing in a nightclub.

Was mortified, couldn't show my face in public for weeks afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Back in my college days I started dating a girl and we were getting along really well. The first time I slept in her room, after more than several pints, I woke in the middle of the night to discover that I'd p!ssed the bed which we were sharing. The embarrassment was so bad that I just got up and dressed myself, then sat on her floor for a while feeling truly awful.

Luckily, she was a really great girl and when she woke she obviously realised what I'd done, but she was so understanding and assured me she didn't mind. It obviously didn't worry her too much as we stayed together for over a year after that.

Thankfully it never happened again, but I can still feel the pain of waking up and realising that I'd p!ssed all over my new girlfriend :o

Sound alike she was the one who pissed herself and let you take the blame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

p!ssed the bed

Went out with a girl for 3.5 years who on a number wet the bed.

She always blamed the drink.

First time happened in her brothers house.

Also happened a few times in the in apartment we shared.

Went to visit her sister in USA and it happened there.

She was always apologetic.

Was always worried it would happen in a hotel or B&B but luckily I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is a great thread. The stories from you lot are hilarious.

I remember going on an old swing in my back garden for my playtime as a kid. It was a very old swing as it had a wooden seat with old chains. I was swinging on it in broad daylight. Whatever way that I was on it. The wooden seat snapped off the chains very suddenly & I went down full force down on the ground on my arse & two hands. I was in tears going to mam afterwards.

I was also on a primary school outing in Dun Laoghaire a few years ago. I was with my classmates & teacher to do some water sport activity or something. Upon leaving the DART Station entrance near the old ferry terminal. On the walk down to the pier; I walk along & suddenly hit my nuts for about three times on these little parking posts that are placed on these metal squares in the ground. You know these yolks. My classmate was standing beside me throughout the whole experience. He didn't like me very much when I was in school with him but he laughed so hard; he nearly shat his trousers laughing for the whole length of my ordeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

As a tracksuit wearing teenager had my trousers pulled down to around my ankles by my mate who spotted me and snuck up behind me while in the queue at M&S Liffey Valley on Christmas eve 2004. The place was heaving with a line of customers queing up. The whole lot on display.

The cheeky fecker promptly dissapared off into the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I went for a sit down in the unisex toilet of a busy service station, the lock on the door wasn't working but I couldn't hold it in any longer so I fired away. Moments later the door opened and a woman walked in and let out a scream and shot straight back out as I was there with my trousers wrapped around my ankles. I finished up and walked out and tried to apologize to her but she threw me a look that would melt Iron, theres been plenty of embarrassing moments but that's the most recent one I can think of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I've done the same when someone who was a chef in work was at a training course I didn't think I knew them because they didn't have a hat on. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I went for a sit down in the unisex toilet of a busy service station, the lock on the door wasn't working but I couldn't hold it in any longer so I fired away. Moments later the door opened and a woman walked in and let out a scream and shot straight back out as I was there with my trousers wrapped around my ankles. I finished up and walked out and tried to apologize to her but she threw me a look that would melt Iron, theres been plenty of embarrassing moments but that's the most recent one I can think of

Nothing worse than no lock on a public jacks - especially when a number 2 required

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wouldn't be worried about that. Its her the embarrassment is for!
    Walk out with pride, "seat is warm for you".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

razorblunt wrote: »
    Wouldn't be worried about that. Its her the embarrassment is for!
    Walk out with pride, "seat is warm for you".
    Exactly, politely request that she knocks before entering in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I have never been a big weed smoker, makes me paranoid, or if I'm after drink, sleepy. One night after work, we finished up around 2am and got a rake of take out and went to a mates place. Drank a bag of cans, and smoked way more than I should have. I don't even remember the walk home, I was so out of it.

At the time, I shared an apartment in a smallish town, maybe 15,000 people, with another lad I worked with. It was a small enough place, a long hallway with bedrooms at one end and a living room/kitchen at the other. The jacks and front door were at opposite sides of the middle of the hallway.

What I suspect happened, (I was borderline sleepwalking) is about 8 am, I woke up needing to pee. However I apparently turned right, out the front door, instead of left, into the toilet. What snapped me out of my haze, was hearing the heavy, automatically closing fire door slam behind me.

So there I was, in the main hallway of an apartment block in the middle of the town, dressed in only boxer shorts, at 8.15 on a Monday morning. We had not been there long, so I did not know any of the neighbors. My flatmate was at his girlfriend's house, and I could not phone him, as my phone was happily tucked into my jeans pocket, next to my bed.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to kick or shoulder in the heavy fire door, but all I got for my trouble was bruises.

The night concluded with the most epic walk of shame ever. 500 meters through the center of the town, at 8.40am on a Monday morning (during the school year, with all three secondary schools at the bottom of this main road through town), dressed only in boxers, until I could reach the relative safety of the house I had been in the night before, where I could hide out until my flatmate could drop me down some pants and keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

enda1 wrote: »
    Sound alike she was the one who pissed herself and let you take the blame!

:D:D:D:D

I never thought of that! From now on, my most embarrassing moment in life will be the time my girlfriend p!ssed the bed on top of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

:D:D:D:D

I never thought of that! From now on, my most embarrassing moment in life will be the time my girlfriend p!ssed the bed on top of me!

Made her squirt. Be proud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Why do some people wack open a closed public toilet door? Ive had my hand holding the door closed and some dip**** will try force it open, ive literally had to scream that theres someone in the stall.
    One time in a public disabled toilet in a pub a man walked in when my friend was meant to be holding the door. Afterwards at the bar he came up to me and goes 'I saw you going for a piss' and stood there looking at me like he was waiting for a full on conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I walk along & suddenly hit my nuts for about three times on these little parking posts
    What? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

A long long time ago, the girlfriend at the time asked me to go on holiday with her family, her dad, brothers, aunties and uncles , cousins, etc. to the Canaries to spend Xmas. As much as I didn't want to go, she finally persuaded me. As this was my first holiday abroad as such, and being very uncultured in travelling, I was still filled with a child like enthusiasm as the departure date neared. Unprepared, i just threw a few items into a suitcase the night before when she called and told me to pack a few items as she knew how useless I was. She said " Don't forget to pack your swimwear", I couldnt swim very well and gave up lessons as a teenager. Did I even have any swimwear. After searching the house I found a trusty old pair of speedos from the time I was learning and threw them into my suitcase. The holiday was great and on Xmas eve we went out and got really drunk. I was so hungover the next day but still a bit giddy drunk, so I had a lie in. I was woken by the girlfriend saying all the family members were gathered by the pool and to get my swimwear on and come on down. So I got up, found my swimming trunks and barely managed to squeeze into them. **** me they were very tight and my movement very restricted. Anyhow forward I marched a bit fuzzy headed and started the 20 odd step descent down to the pool area where everyone was gathered. I was moving akin to new born foal but trying to remain as graceful in my movement as the garment would allow, taking it step by step. But the looks on the gathered faces changed from neutral to aghast with my girlfriend signalling downwards with her head. I ignored this for some seconds but then I looked down, and much to my horror, one rogue ball had escaped from the cradle of the speedos and was dangling on my thigh . I instantly grabbed my ball and pushed it back in behind the fabric which resulted in the other nut slipping out on the other side this continued for maybe 2 or 3 movements creating something akin to a testicular Newtons cradle in full motion. By the time I had made it to the pool area, one of my girlsfriends aunties got up and wrapped a towel around my waist. I was mortified.

Advertisement