Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent court or free courts South Dublin

• 02-08-2019 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi All, I’m looking to book a court. Years ago I used to book spawell. Is there anywhere that a court can be booked without being a member? Or is there a way to book a county council court?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Bushy Park - not sure price. (Astro and artificial clay!)
    Herbert Park - about €5 each per hour
    Marley Park - free (you get what you pay for!)
    Deerpark Tennis Club - €5 each per hour
    Enniskerry Tennis Club (technically Wicklow) - free (as nobody ever there to ask for money)
    Shankill Tennis Club - (I think) €20 for court (Indoor option)
    Roebuck Castle Estate, Clonskeagh - Free
    Moreen Estate, Sandyford - Free
    The Gallops Estate, Leopardstown (let’s be honest, it’s ballyogan) - Free

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭SomeDude

Thanks for that list. Very much appreciated. I discovered through a bit of searching that UCD also offer courts to the public. We booked it today for €10. We’ll take a spin round and take a look at some of the other places you listed. Looks like there’s lots of cheaper or free alternatives. I’m intrigued by the clay courts in bushy park! I had a look at their website, but couldn’t figure out how to book them.

The problem with free courts is they can’t be booked are never in good condition. Could be broken glass, lots of muck and leaves built up or a bunch of lads playing football on them.
    Club membership could be as cheap as €200 per year in some places.
    Would you look at joining a club?

I might consider joining a club alright. We’ll give the pay as you play option a go to see how much we use it. The idea of a membership with a club that also has a gym appeals to me. That would kill two birds with one stone as I’ve been looking at gym membership. I know from their website that Carrickmines has a gym in their club, but I’d suspect that membership is quite pricey.

Carrickmines has a small gym but looks to be pretty well stocked. I just walked past it once when the door was open so don’t know much about it.
    It would be very expensive. They don’t advertise prices but it’s probably around 1k.
    It’s a great club for facilities and has very good players. I don’t think it’s the type of place you are looking for as a beginner. You need to be proposed by a member to join.
    It’s probably the poshest club in the country and is a terrible advertisement for the sport. Must wear whites etc. Of course they have some sound members but can’t imagine it would be very welcoming.

• Advertisement

anywhere with a gym is going to be expensive. The two Westwoods, David Lloyd and Fitzwilliam are big money but you get a lot for that money if you use it.
    Mount Pleasant has a small gym too.

I can’t think of anywhere else with a gym off the top of my head

Yeah, I was looking at Westwood Leopardstown. I think it’s €70 odd a month. I’ve heard mixed reviews.

I dropped by Deerpark on Saturday, looks like a nice setup. Although no indoor courts. It’s easy to book a court online, but no pricing to be seen. I’ll give them call.

Advertisement