Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weather website - Sligo

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I recently purchased a Davis Vantage Vue station. It's great piece of kit and would recommend it to anyone thinking about getting one.

I've also created a website that displays the current conditions from the weather station.
    I'm also using a piece of software called WXSIM that generates the forecast for the local area.

Hope you like it :)

www.sligoweather.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Cool project, How much did it set you back in total?
    Also does your data contribute to any weather model network like Met Eireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

hytrogen wrote: »
    Cool project, How much did it set you back in total?
    Also does your data contribute to any weather model network like Met Eireann?

Around €650 which includes equipment, mounting pole and website hosting.

It sends data to the Citizen Weather Observer Program and weather wunderground for now.
    It won't be sending data to Met Eireann. It's more of a hobby project than anything else.

I have applied to have it included on the European Weather Network and Irish Weather Network maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nice to see yet another weather station around. :)

Does your weather station show data from Sligo or Collooney?

joujoujou wrote: »
    Nice to see yet another weather station around. :)

Does your weather station show data from Sligo or Collooney?

The data is from Collooney where the station is sited which is about 14km from Sligo town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I am delighted that you are up and live! congratulations :) I for one will be checking in!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Nice one :)

I really need to pull my finger out and finish my website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

hey rhonin,

can i put a link to your website on my website coz im too lazy and cheapskate to do something like that.

I just make mad long term predictions but my webpage is sligo based so it would be cool to have a link to yours on the top bar

The end of August looks pretty fair all round starting Tuesday

pauldry wrote: »
    hey rhonin,

can i put a link to your website on my website coz im too lazy and cheapskate to do something like that.

I just make mad long term predictions but my webpage is sligo based so it would be cool to have a link to yours on the top bar

The end of August looks pretty fair all round starting Tuesday

No problem Paul. Work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

That's brilliant thanks, so difficult to gets weather forecast specifically for Sligo...all seems to based mostly around east coast Ireland. Connaught general met forecast is just not accurate due to vastness of area along with what i assume is variation between coastal and inland areas which can vary so much.

Will be recommending this to family and friends both home and abroad.

Hi Rhonin,

Have you linked atop my page now.

You can backlink to mine too if you like.

Your website is cool. I know now where to go for all the local weather data.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Paul is your site broke? Stylesheets not loading here in Chrome.

Dont know Tyler.

It seems to work ok on my own PC and its using Chrome

What exactly is your issue and Ill see about getting fixed?

Does anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Pauldry the 30 day forecast is showing an error:404 Not found ... the rest seems to work fine.

thanks eskimo ill fix that
    great to get the feedback from you all

ok its fixed

still need to try and amend tylers problem though

I want my site to be screenable to all

Besides that the next couple of weeks look pleasant even at times in the Northwest

Advertisement