Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Should have put a few bob on him singing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Going to chance my arm on the Finnish lad fighting Conor Benn @4.1. Opposing Benn will eventually pay off. Terrible fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Angliru wrote: »
    Going to chance my arm on the Finnish lad fighting Conor Benn @4.1. Opposing Benn will eventually pay off. Terrible fighter.

It's a case of when, not if, Benn is found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

weemcd wrote: »
    It's a case of when, not if, Benn is found out.

Awful defence, poor enough boxing skills and movement but he's wild unpredictable and has plenty of power.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Fair play to Benn but he looked horrid in the first round against a 35 y/o who can't punch and has lost a few recently. As was said, matter of when and not if. The state of them bigging him up to heaven high too. That'll do him no good, he'll start to believe the hype.

• Advertisement

Not one for shorties but Rob Brant @1.33 vs Murata looks lovely tomorrow morning. Brant boxed the snot off Murata and I don't see how things change. The only thing is that he's fighting in Japan, but I have found that Japan generally score things fairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Joyce in rounds 7-12 @ 5/2. Think he'll grind Jennings down and stop him late

Not one for shorties but Rob Brant @1.33 vs Murata looks lovely tomorrow morning. Brant boxed the snot off Murata and I don't see how things change. The only thing is that he's fighting in Japan, but I have found that Japan generally score things fairly.

Murata KO2. Yikes, good thing I hardly if ever back a shorty :pac:

Had a wee nibble on Gorman tonight for interest, his size, boxing ability and hand speed can make this one interesting. Paired that with Germaine de Randamie in the UFC as her opponent looked to have a horrible weight cut and looked very shaky on the scales.

Thurman vs Manny has to be a goer. Going to wait until post weigh in, more money will arrive for Manny.

Szpilka to beat Chisora looks nice. I really don't rate Chisora and I am fond of Szpilka. He'll probably get robbed, but he has the ability to box the nonsense out of Chisora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Thurman vs Manny has to be a goer. Going to wait until post weigh in, more money will arrive for Manny.

Szpilka to beat Chisora looks nice. I really don't rate Chisora and I am fond of Szpilka. He'll probably get robbed, but he has the ability to box the nonsense out of Chisora.

Thurman 2-1 to win on points. Negatives are i'm worried about his lack of action for the last while and the lack of drug testing in this fight!

Thurman-Pacquiao to go the distance and Dave Allen via KO double at about 7/5

Also done a treble with Billam-Smith in there at 5/1

Backing Tommy McCarthy tonight at 10/3. Hopefully he finally puts it together. Italian is basic enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Chisora says he has left Coldwell and is going to train and corner himself..

Morrison J wrote: »
    Backing Tommy McCarthy tonight at 10/3. Hopefully he finally puts it together. Italian is basic enough.

Great shout.

Didn't catch the fight. Seems like there are no decent Italian pros. Always a danger of getting screwed over on the cards in Italy - has that reputation. Well done to Tommy Mc.

It was the opposite last night. There was live scoring announced every 4 rounds. The Italian almost got screwed against Reece Bellotti. Even sky had it a whitewash to the Italian but the judges had it a very close SD.

Don't really understand why Ritson is the favourite tomorrow. Only thing I see saving him is if he gets a hometown decision on the cards. Has been overrated from the start and I think moving up to 140 won't do his style any favours.

Davies Jr decision @ 13/5

I've seen a few recent interviews with Chisora and he hasn't had a trainer and looks in bad shape.
    You can get 16/1 on Price on points. Hmmm....

I've seen a few recent interviews with Chisora and he hasn't had a trainer and looks in bad shape.
    You can get 16/1 on Price on points. Hmmm....

I'd take that but I think there's zero chance this fight doesn't end with a KO. Somebody will be going to sleep this one, I think it's gonna be very lively for as long as it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

weemcd wrote: »
    I'd take that but I think there's zero chance this fight doesn't end with a KO. Somebody will be going to sleep this one, I think it's gonna be very lively for as long as it lasts.

Lively?! Really? Come off of it. Price is a liability in the ring and Chisora is just picking up pay cheques!

This will be a slow boring fight. Chisora by TKO late on imo.

I hope I’m wrong but on paper it looks like an awful full affair.

• Advertisement

Price on like 4 weeks notice. Struggle to see anything bar a Chisora KO tbh. Price will gas.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Price on like 4 weeks notice. Struggle to see anything bar a Chisora KO tbh. Price will gas.

He sure will. In about round 2. Lol. Useless lump.

Chisora KO
    Selby Points
    Taylor- Prograis to go the distance

Treble @ near to 3/1

Small value bet on Joet Gonzalez to beat Shakur Stevenson via KO/TKO @ 8/1

pac_man wrote: »
    Wished I'd seen this sooner, great shout.

Yes I owe you a pint Morrison!

Joshua - Ruiz over 7.5 rounds @ 5/6

I went with Povetkin to get the ko/tko and AJ for the same.
    Main bet was on AJ for the win by whatever means.

I think Hunters untested so hoping Povetkin can show us why he’s still a contender and surprise the bookies.

I think AJ will be well up for this rematch. I think he’ll end it about round 5 or so but I played it safe with most of me beans on the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I went with Povetkin to get the ko/tko and AJ for the same.
    Main bet was on AJ for the win by whatever means.

I think Hunters untested so hoping Povetkin can show us why he’s still a contender and surprise the bookies.

I think AJ will be well up for this rematch. I think he’ll end it about round 5 or so but I played it safe with most of me beans on the win.

You should have gone for the Decision, great odds :)

bet1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Joshua has said in past that fury was boring / not exciting
    Now josh says it’s a sweet science of hitting and not get hit -

I’ve never been so confident that fury beats Joshua

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think both Fury and Wilder beat Joshua, and Joshua and Hearn probably think that too. Can see him fight Pulev, Whyte, perhaps Usyk before he gets in the ring with either of them.

One things for sure; he's not going to win over the US audience by jabbing his way to a points victory against a fat lad in Saudi Arabia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What if that fat lad is Mr Bone Saw?

Advertisement