Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

So he just took a day off yesterday ?. Haw much again ???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nice plug for Mattress Mick.

"Huuuuuuuge reaction to Julie Andrews."

He's been very proud of being Irish since the ploughing comp.

Ray just read out me tweet about visit to Port Lockroy in Antarctica and how the postcards took a longer journey than I did- the guest, who is a volunteer there, then detailed the postal route. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

€500k a year..."Are fireworks legal in this country?"

It's probably been asked before, but I'm not really a Ray D'arcy regular, but is that €500k a year just for his radio show, or does it also include the TV show he does on Saturday nights?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's probably been asked before, but I'm not really a Ray D'arcy regular, but is that €500k a year just for his radio show, or does it also include the TV show he does on Saturday nights?

It's for everything.

So when you look at it that way, and consider that TV ads are a lot more lucrative for RTE than radio ads, Tubs' and Darcy's salaries aren't actually as outrageous as those of Finucane and Duffy.

Duffy himself gets an awful lot of slack, but it's Finucane who gets the best deal in RTE. I can't remember her salary from the top of my head, but she has about 12 weeks holidays per year, only works two days a week, and must be close to 400k by now.

Radio only. She doesn't do TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

It's for everything.

So when you look at it that way, and consider that TV ads are a lot more lucrative for RTE than radio ads, Tubs' and Darcy's salaries aren't actually as outrageous as those of Finucane and Duffy.

Duffy himself gets an awful lot of slack, but it's Finucane who gets the best deal in RTE. I can't remember her salary from the top of my head, but she has about 12 weeks holidays per year, only works two days a week, and must be close to 400k by now.

Radio only. She doesn't do TV.

I can smell the Silk Cut through the radio when she's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Ray’s TV show getting the bullet in December, Tommy Tiernan getting the slot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

amlinopta wrote: »
    Ray’s TV show getting the bullet in December, Tommy Tiernan getting the slot again.

Plus Tommys show'll only be on for 10 weeks apparently?

When Ray D'Arcy ran right through it was to end of May and not Easter/April time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Is this Bridget Jones?

A GoFundMe page. So that's what this is all about.

amlinopta wrote: »

Salary adjustment (downwards?) for 2020?

RTE Guide on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Ray came very close to giving out his own mobile number instead of saying 51551

It gave me a really good laugh!

Good man Ray. Bring on a band to do a number at 3.59

sligojoek wrote: »

And then be late, yet again for Nuacht at 4; it was 4;01, maybe 4:02 by my watch when it aired.

And then, when he's to hand over to Drivetime? He goes and gives the singer 2 minutes; by telling her this he's inevitably eaten into that two minutes.

What ya getting Ray for Christmas? A clock, watch, digital timer and a mallet that drops down anytime he's late for Nuacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    And then be late, yet again for Nuacht at 4; it was 4;01, maybe 4:02 by my watch when it aired.

And then, when he's to hand over to Drivetime? He goes and gives the singer 2 minutes; by telling her this he's inevitably eaten into that two minutes.

What ya getting Ray for Christmas? A clock, watch, digital timer and a mallet that drops down anytime he's late for Nuacht.

shouldn't his producer be timing his show better/tighter.....probably been said before

sligojoek wrote: »

shouldn't his producer be timing his show better/tighter.....probably been said before

Surely whoever's producing/in his ear would tell him it's going into 4, head to the nuacht, then come back to the band he had in. OR maybe he's producing himself, I honestly don't know. It'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall..

I've said it before, I'll say it again, a university radio station station volunteer would do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hes getting the bullet, from the tv anyway. Dont know if that's his Christmas present, or ours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, a university radio station station volunteer would do a better job.

A truer word has neer been spoke.

bobbyss wrote: »
    A truer word has neer been spoke.

It's just common sense really, know of, or at least be aware of timing and cues/when to wrap a segment..

And I can say that as I've been one of those who've volunteered on a university radio station, with a few semesters of live radio under my belt.

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's just common sense really, know of, or at least be aware of timing and cues/when to wrap a segment..

And I can say that as I've been one of those who've volunteered on a university radio station, with a few semesters of live radio under my belt.

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything :pac:

Battery operated,you might say.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

4:05 going to Nuacht.

Del los Rentos, the band play a song and due to play a second are told that due to 'him' talking too much (the guest) they have little time to squeeze in the second.

And he flies through a brief interview with three people who've done every Dublin city Marathon. appallingly shoddy.

And 'We'll talk to you Tuesday or Wednesday' to finish with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭giveitholly

tampopo wrote: »
    4:05 going to Nuacht.

Del los Rentos, the band play a song and due to play a second are told that due to 'him' talking too much (the guest) they have little time to squeeze in the second.

And he flies through a brief interview with three people who've done every Dublin city Marathon. appallingly shoddy.

And 'We'll talk to you Tuesday or Wednesday' to finish with.
    He spent nearly half an hour at the start of the show talking about pumpkins and Tom's Halloween costume,no wonder he ran out of time.the segment with richie sadlier is supposed to be about the soundtrack to his life but he didn't play one tune at all

Mairead Ronan & Anna Geary on Ray D'Arcy Show tonight.....in theory to talk Irelands Fittest Family, Weddings etc. but they'll have to bring up Today FM surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Mairead Ronan & Anna Geary on Ray D'Arcy Show tonight.....in theory to talk Irelands Fittest Family, Weddings etc. but they'll have to bring up Today FM surely?
    I cannot stand these women, insufferable & full of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Icsics wrote: »
    I cannot stand these women, insufferable & full of themselves
    True, but Anna Geary is quite easy on the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Another week off for Ray maybe? Kathryn gets the first mention of the daughter inside 60 seconds. Sweating in the bed with the heavy duvet, wonder how "himself" finds it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ray had a mad weekend.

He bought a barm brac.

Advertisement