Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So after Brexit...

Options
  • 02-10-2019 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

So after Brexit can when flying back to Ireland from Heathrow can we pick up watches VAT free as we we'll will be flying out of the UK into Europe?

As before if you were flying from Heathrow to USA or anywhere outside of EU youd get the VAT off.

If this is the case Rolex will be putting up the price again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, duty free will be back baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

2shea wrote: »
    So after Brexit can when flying back to Ireland from Heathrow can we pick up watches VAT free as we we'll will be flying out of the UK into Europe?

As before if you were flying from Heathrow to USA or anywhere outside of EU youd get the VAT off.

If this is the case Rolex will be putting up the price again.

Already on the cards for October apparently, not that there's much to buy in the UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Already on the cards for October apparently, not that there's much to buy in the UK anyway.

An Oyster perpetual 36 or a Tudor Black Bay 36 have been on my hit list for the last 9 months. Getting them Duty free would be a nice saving, plus Tudor will knock off 10 or 15%.

Very small minded of me to be thinking about watches and Brexit with the potential damage it's going to do to our economy, but you got to look for the silver lining somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Plus I'll be able to get me Christian Dior Fahrenheit and Sauvage cheaper too haha.....

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

An Oyster perpetual 36 or a Tudor Black Bay 36 have been on my hit list for the last 9 months. Getting them Duty free would be a nice saving, plus Tudor will knock off 10 or 15%.

Very small minded of me to be thinking about watches and Brexit with the potential damage it's going to do to our economy, but you got to look for the silver lining somewhere.

And with the hammering Sterling will get the price will be even better. And with all the banks moving to Frankfurt/Dublin there will be a glut of second hand Rolex on the market.

Every cloud and all that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You know your getting two things mixed up there? Duty free won’t apply to a luxury watch like a Tudor.

Advertisement