Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goggles Again ....

• 03-05-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a pair for those of us who are "nose-bridgedly challenged" ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Goggles do my head in!!! What's the general life span of them?? I notice the past few days that water has been creeping in so i'm going to buy a new pair tomorrow. I've had these ones for about four months or so!! Maybe a little more! Speedo's are the one's i'm using! The €18 quid ones in Arnotts!

I bought a pair of Aquasphere ones before and they were pretty good!!

I'd love to go up to a scientist and get them to make the perfect pair for the shape of my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

i have aquasphere eagles at the moment . . . . was trying them out with the intention of getting the prescription lenses for them for open water . . but they start cutting the nose off me after 1hr15 or so and they don't have an adjustable nose clip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I know these goggles are probably not for you 2old4dacold but Swedish goggle's are great, since I started using them I find them great as long as you have the fitted properly....

I get 2 pack delivered from a fella in USA for around 10/11 euro. I know they are not for open water but for the pool they are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

For the past year I've been using Speedo Aquasocket. Have the mirrors for pool swimming and clear lens for OW. Find them very comfy and as yet, have not leaked, even in high swims with rolling waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mad m wrote: »
    I know these goggles are probably not for you 2old4dacold but Swedish goggle's are great, since I started using them I find them great as long as you have the fitted properly....

I get 2 pack delivered from a fella in USA for around 10/11 euro. I know they are not for open water but for the pool they are perfect.

What do you mean by Swedish goggles, Mad M?? Are they are a brand??

Also, is there a reccomended brand of goggles for open water??

• Advertisement

They are eye socket goggles, no rubber on them. They can take a little time to get used to them but once you do they are great....

You get them in a pack and have to assemble them yourself, this is how you can adjust them to your own needs....

Link

As far as goggles for open water, I have gone through a fair amount. Never get ones with tinted lens. Have always stayed with Zoggs predator Link or at moment I bought a pair of Speedo clear goggles.

Been thinking though,might try and not wear any goggles at all...Some say its better, few lads I swim with don't wear any goggles at all when in open water.

okane1 wrote: »
    For the past year I've been using Speedo Aquasocket. Have the mirrors for pool swimming and clear lens for OW. Find them very comfy and as yet, have not leaked, even in high swims with rolling waves.

Hows the anti-fog holding up on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I use Speedo Merits - from Elverys in Arnotts or Clerys and presumably all their other stores - all the time. Comfy and a good seal but the anti-fog on them doesn't seem much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Hows the anti-fog holding up on them?

On the mirror goggles not very good. It would last a few lengths and goggle would partial fog. For me, not an issue as the swim lane is usually empty.
    I am planning on replacing them with the same.

As for the clear lens, it never fogged during an OW swim.

Ok heres a great tip for anti-fog. Use a small drop of Johnsons baby no tears shampoo on the goggles, wash off and fire away. You can get a travel size bottle in Superquinn for around €1.50 and it will last you ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭swimgal

Has anyone used blueseventy goggles for OW? Thinking of investing in a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

Ok heres a great tip for anti-fog. Use a small drop of Johnsons baby no tears shampoo on the goggles, wash off and fire away. You can get a travel size bottle in Superquinn for around €1.50 and it will last you ages.

worked great with "Clinic Sport" back in the day aswell
    (bring TWO bottles into the shower ..... not me :cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Mad M I swim open water 365 days and never use goggles and have no problems.

martin6651 wrote: »
    Mad M I swim open water 365 days and never use goggles and have no problems.

Lucky you....how about in a pool? Will have to try an open swim with no goggles....

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

No I have not swam in a pool in 20+ years.

Advertisement