Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did I buy dodgy batteries?

• 13-05-2021 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I've been buying my batteries from fogstar but thought I'd buy closer to home so went to 18650.ie and bought 8 LG h2's (inr18650hg2 +as103d136a1-). These ones have this huge warning label that says 'WARNING Risk of disfiguring fire/explosion injury. Battery is NOT for consumer use. OEM only! If you can see this label do NOT use this battery.'

The inr name part of smaller writing than usual and when I scan the qr codes nothing comes up.

Is this a new label or have I got a whole load of different dodgy batteries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I've been buying my batteries from fogstar but thought I'd buy closer to home so went to 18650.ie and bought 8 LG h2's (inr18650hg2 +as103d136a1-). These ones have this huge warning label that says 'WARNING Risk of disfiguring fire/explosion injury. Battery is NOT for consumer use. OEM only! If you can see this label do NOT use this battery.'

The inr name part of smaller writing than usual and when I scan the qr codes nothing comes up.

Is this a new label or have I got a whole load of different dodgy batteries?

Short answer no.

The batteries we use for vaping are used as rechargeable batteries in torches and the like the warning label is LG distancing themselves from any harm that occurs when the batteries are used for vaping or any other use they deem not fit.

Also although I haven't used them 18650.ie seem to be pretty reputable and are unlikely to sell dodgy batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I posted to another forum and Mooch himself replied and said they're batteries that are meant to be used in a battery pack so they are dodgy. The qr code doesn't work because they're meant to be for internal office use.

Hopefully I can get my money back.

Here's a photo of a 18650.ie battery vs one from fogstar

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I posted to another forum and Mooch himself replied and said they're batteries that are meant to be used in a battery pack so they are dodgy. The qr code doesn't work because they're meant to be for internal office use.

Hopefully I can get my money back.

Here's a photo of a 18650.ie battery vs one from fogstar

You learn something new every day.

Advertisement