Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Citizenship The Second Stage of Processing

• 17-07-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys, I applied for my citizenship back in October 2018. Barely got my passport back after 2,5 month and only received an acknowledgment letter (stage 1) end of January 2019. They requested additional document in Feb and I sent everything back within a week or so. Eventually yesterday (it's mid of July) I received a letter that my application proceeded to the second stage. So what’s the story? I didn’t know there is a stage two. Did anyone else received something similar. IF so how long more will I wait? Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    You have a similar thread here already

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ElenaKh

Can you please send me the link?

Mod - to ElenaKh
    You have the same post in this forum in thread "Applying for Irish Citizenship Time line"
    Which post do you require deleted?

Can I keep this one please?

OK
    Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

ElenaKh wrote: »
    Hi guys, I applied for my citizenship back in October 2018. Barely got my passport back after 2,5 month and only received an acknowledgment letter (stage 1) end of January 2019. They requested additional document in Feb and I sent everything back within a week or so. Eventually yesterday (it's mid of July) I received a letter that my application proceeded to the second stage. So what’s the story? I didn’t know there is a stage two. Did anyone else received something similar. IF so how long more will I wait? Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Apparently they are totally snowed under at the moment. They’ve had to bring staff from other sections to try and get through all the applications.
    It wasn’t moving very quickly anyway.
    I’m sorry I can’t tell you more.
    All I can say is that badgering them to know when you will be approved will not do anything for you.

Thank you so much. I got that, espessialy with the news that broke out yesterday.

Advertisement