Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Some great suggestions there. Poll added with 6 of the best as selected by our jury (me).

Vote early, vote often!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1036992377045561344?s=19

Interesting, getting a bit of extra help maybe?

• Mul, it's over
    Bazzo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1036992377045561344?s=19

Interesting, getting a bit of extra help maybe?

I think the coaches in general aren't going to be messing around at all this season and will be as hands on as they need to be with the provinces to ensure we are in the best possible position before the world cup. Not interfering with coaching but certainly observing and probably offering feedback etc.

I expect to see a lot of this to be honest.

That or maybe he was just visiting a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Andy Farrell was also at training today

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Bend it like Bealham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Mul, it's over
    I think the coaches in general aren't going to be messing around at all this season and will be as hands on as they need to be with the provinces to ensure we are in the best possible position before the world cup. Not interfering with coaching but certainly observing and probably offering feedback etc.

I expect to see a lot of this to be honest.

That or maybe he was just visiting a friend.

I like your work Miller Putrid Beer but it’s too long for a thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Reece just got his 3rd for a hat trick for Waikito (sp?)
    It's on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭b.gud

Here are the highlights apparently he had another one disallowed for a double movement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Just from what Murray Kinsella has said previously, Reece has some defensive issues but if those can be sorted out, he should be an excellent addition.

• Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Just from what Murray Kinsella has said previously, Reece has some defensive issues but if those can be sorted out, he should be an excellent addition.

Same could be said for James Lowe and that worked out quite well. He looks like a classy footballer and a good signing, when is he due to arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭b.gud

Same could be said for James Lowe and that worked out quite well. He looks like a classy footballer and a good signing, when is he due to arrive?

After the Mitre 10 cup I think. Currently Waikato are bottom of the table so potentially around late October

Mul, it's over
    The lack of website updates this season so far is a bit odd. No injury/availability updates or a team listing.

Good news that Marmion is back this week and that Aki is in full training albeit may not play this weekend. A good win this weekend and with those two back in the shakeup would do wonders for confidence heading to Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

I’d save them this weekend and play them v Edinburgh and Scarlets. I know we lost to Zebre twice last season but we should have enough to beat them without Aki and Marmion.

Mul, it's over
    https://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-eagles-squad-named-for-celtic-cup-opener/

Cillian Gallagher in A team tomorrow. Mitchell starting with McKeon on bench so Marmion obviously in 23 this weekend. Tom McCartney making his comeback also for A team.

The Friend Zone

Cillian Gallagher in A team tomorrow. Mitchell starting with McKeon on bench so Marmion obviously in 23 this weekend. Tom McCartney making his comeback also for A team.

Could see sob and Colby come into the 23 for gallagher and Eoin Mckeon?

Mul, it's over
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    Could see sob and Colby come into the 23 for gallagher and Eoin Mckeon?

Would think it has to be yeah. SOB at 8 I guess?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    I'd say SOB on the bench and Copeland starts at 8.

TOH may be carrying a knock so with Leader playing for the Eagles, it's going to be Kelleher at FB. If Bundee is allowed back, I can see Farrell as the replacement utility back.

Conan O'Donnell should see some action on Saturday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Possibly, although Boyle primarily played 8 in the AIL for Buccs last year. Butler also has experience there in Super Rugby although I can't recall him packing down at 8 for us. Much prefer SOB at 6.

Wonder what has happened to Kerins.

Mul, it's over
    Robbo wrote: »
    I'd say SOB on the bench and Copeland starts at 8.

TOH may be carrying a knock so with Leader playing for the Eagles, it's going to be Kelleher at FB. If Bundee is allowed back, I can see Farrell as the replacement utility back.

Conan O'Donnell should see some action on Saturday as well.

Copeland not available according to Indo earlier this week. Don’t think Bundee will
    play but be good to see O’Donnell.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Wonder what has happened to Kerins.

Yeah he looked excellent for Ireland u20s en route to RWC semi final, doesn’t seem to have kicked on, yet at least.

Yeah he looked excellent for Ireland u20s en route to RWC semi final, doesn’t seem to have kicked on, yet at least.

It's strange to bring a high level prospect into the academy after a strong u20 season and have him play two years of AIL 2A and barely feature for even the Eagles. I'm sure there are reasons but it's unusual from the outside looking in. Can't expect a young lad to develop like that.

The Friend Zone
    testtech05 wrote: »
    SOB is named on the bench for the eagles game?

There’s a second sob in the connacht academy. Former Leinster and Irish U20 centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Wegians89 wrote: »
    There’s a second sob in the connacht academy. Former Leinster and Irish U20 centre

Of course forgot about him. Slow morning! Ha

The Friend Zone
    testtech05 wrote: »
    Of course forgot about him. Slow morning! Ha

Could be either but I’d put more money on it boring the younger one haha

The Friend Zone
    I’d like to see something like:
    Buckley
    Delahunt
    Bealham
    Roux
    Thornbury
    Sob
    Butler
    Boyle
    Marmion
    Carty
    Healy
    Farrell
    Godwin
    Kelleher
    Toh

Heff
    Conan
    Mccoy
    Dillane
    Faingaa
    Blade
    Ronaldson
    Niyi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KBurke85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Delighted to see Conan on the bench. I wonder is Ultan being rested? Thought he was excellent against Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

Redo91 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Conan on the bench. I wonder is Ultan being rested? Thought he was excellent against Glasgow.

They are not very forthcoming with injury updates this season so far but I safely assume in relation to Ultan and Tom it is squad rotation over injury given the performances of both last weekend.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Friend is quoted as saying that between Zebre and the A game all available players will get game time. Taken literally that would suggest Dillane and Farrell have picked up knocks but hopefully it’s just a careless quote or that they are very minor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement