Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

• 24-11-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Story with the keeper league lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Crucial Youth

Can you just clarify what the keeper league is?all I know is I want in on a fantasy league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Can you just clarify what the keeper league is?all I know is I want in on a fantasy league.
    The keeper league is the continuation of the league we played last year. We will keep some of our roster and then release the rest and redraft.

Can people jump in on it?

Can people jump in on it?
    If someone wants to drop out, Im sure they can. One of the players dropped out during the season and the GM got someone new to take over the team. We played on Yahoo last year and that wont be open again until mid Feb...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

if someone drops out of the keeper league then i've no bother with someone stepping in.

We could also set up a new league too to see if theres renewed interest in it this year.

For anyone who loves fantasy sports then they'll love it. Fantasy Baseball is king

By we can set up a new league. I'll put it to the guy who ran the one last year. The dude had it nailed down from start to finish and done everything he could to help with the league with any question he was asked. Well done Mr I cant remember your boards name

• Advertisement

That's cool man. If theres room in there I'd love to jump in,no worries if its a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm still in for 2012 and looking forward to it - Judean People's Front

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Iang87 wrote: »
    if someone drops out of the keeper league then i've no bother with someone stepping in.

We could also set up a new league too to see if theres renewed interest in it this year.

For anyone who loves fantasy sports then they'll love it. Fantasy Baseball is king

By we can set up a new league. I'll put it to the guy who ran the one last year. The dude had it nailed down from start to finish and done everything he could to help with the league with any question he was asked. Well done Mr I cant remember your boards name

was it Boccy23?

did a fantastic job.

I'm up for it anyway!

was it Boccy23?

did a fantastic job.

I'm up for it anyway!
    Yea that was him.

I'm up for a new league aswell as the keeper league.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Just dropping in to say I'd love to be involved in a fantasy league next year with fellow Irishmen, new or keeper whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Cheers all for the kind words.

What I was i ntending to do was send an e-mail to all the previous members of the Keeper League, see if they were still on board and reassess the situation then.

If we have 1 or 2 spots and can easily replace these, then fine.

If everyone is up for it again, and we have enough additional interest, then we could set up a second standard league.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I'm in - Seattle Seamonkeys

The draft will have to be earlier this season because the Mariners and A's are playing in Japan at the end of March

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think during the playoffs I released a couple of my star pitchers and other drafted players in order to maximise starters in my final week, I take it they'll be FA's now and I won't get the chance to keep them?

Actually I have no idea how a keeper league works. Do you pick who you keep? is it based on your ending roster? I hope not....

8-10 wrote: »
    I think during the playoffs I released a couple of my star pitchers and other drafted players in order to maximise starters in my final week, I take it they'll be FA's now and I won't get the chance to keep them?

Actually I have no idea how a keeper league works. Do you pick who you keep? is it based on your ending roster? I hope not....
    They will be FAs if they weren't picked up. I picked up Mauer and Ethier in the final week as potential keepers for bench players I wasn't going to keep. In doing that I was assuming that the keeper picks will be based on the final roster. I also remember Wainwright been picked up in the final week aswell as I may have picked him up had I spotted him :)

Correct.

The keepers come from the current rosters. We will select the 6(? I think) players and these will not enter the draft pool. All other players will be in the draft and it will run on a random order or a preselected order based on last years finishing position. We will decide this closer to the draft when keepers are selected by each team.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Correct.

The keepers come from the current rosters. We will select the 6(? I think) players and these will not enter the draft pool.
    6 is good as everyone will have tough decisions to make.

Yahoo fantasy baseball usually open in mid-Feb but the keeper league final rosters can still be viewed via the fantasy profile feature.

I picked up Wainwright and Shin Soo Choo. Big decisions to make now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Hey guys,

Myself and my mate would love to get involved in an Irish fantasy baseball league.
    We have been playing for a few years now on random US leagues on ESPN and CBS websites, since spending a summer in Boston.

If there was any space, there are two of us looking for a good league.

Cheers,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

If I can I'd like to get in on a Boards fantasy league. I was involved in Boards fantasy football league (Div 4) this year and was active every week. I've been a pretty regular poster on Boards over the last nine months as well, so there's less of a worry that I flake out on this (I would say that though).

Again, what we will do is poll the existing league members in early February. Once I see what numbers are signed up again, and what free spaces there are, then we can decide on the Keeper league and taking over some of the teams or if a second annual (non-keeper) league is also needed.

• Advertisement

First keeper league decision has been made for me. Victor Martinez tears his ACL before Spring Training even starts. Big blow for the Tigers...
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120117&content_id=26368546&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Yeah, count me in for the keeper league - Homer's Homers.

Though just a word on the draft. I will prob be away from March 17 to 23, so if we could draft before or after those dates that would be great. I know you can't please everyone with the draft date, but just thought I'd mention it.

If there's enough interest for a second keeper league, for people like me who missed out last year, I'd be happy to set one up and be commissioner for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Might be a very good idea. Put me on your definitely interested list anyway Rob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

ooh yes i could definitely do a third league. My girlfriend wont be best pleased but she doesn't get fun

in for keeper and any league going tbh, just add me

Alright guys,

So far we have 7 guys interested in the second keeper league. If this gets up to 10, then we're good to go. Can take more too.

1. UCD AFC
    2. Iang87
    3. WallyWanka
    4. BigBadRob83
    5. Masked Man
    6. smackbunnybaby
    7. 8-10

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Can I get a clarification on how many leagues are being run, it's all a bit confusing at the moment. Is this right...?

1. Keeper continuation from 2011 league
    2. BigBadRob83's 2012 keeper
    3. 2012 non-keeper

Alright guys,

So far we have 7 guys interested in the second keeper league. If this gets up to 10, then we're good to go. Can take more too.

1. UCD AFC
    2. Iang87
    3. WallyWanka
    4. BigBadRob83
    5. Masked Man
    6. smackbunnybaby
    7. 8-10

After reflection, I think 1 keeper league will do me and the regualr season league (so 2 leagues).
    Can I have my name taken off ehre if possible?
    I need to spend more time with people this summer....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Can I get a clarification on how many leagues are being run, it's all a bit confusing at the moment. Is this right...?

1. Keeper continuation from 2011 league
    2. BigBadRob83's 2012 keeper
    3. 2012 non-keeper

Yeah thats it :)

Advertisement