Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PPC 1 - 2019 Blackhall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭vid36

I will do the Hybrid, if I can get the traineeship sorted in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tommyh1979

is it possible to sign up for this for the september classes

No, the Hybrid starts in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Does anyone know who can witness the form 4 indentures? Can it be another solicitor in the firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Are lockers useful for PPC1? Any experience in that regard? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LegallyB45

Is the link to make an iPad selection not working for anyone else?

LegallyB45 wrote: »
    Is the link to make an iPad selection not working for anyone else?

Just make a search on the website 'PPC1 ipad' you'll have the options below and then click on the one that you want, then 'purchase' etc.

lawless11 wrote: »
    Just make a search on the website 'PPC1 ipad' you'll have the options below and then click on the one that you want, then 'purchase' etc.

When can you purchase the iPad ? Do u need your indentures back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

yournerd wrote: »
    When can you purchase the iPad ? Do u need your indentures back ?

No you can buy them from today. I'm not gonna bother I got a locker though

What’s the best iPad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Are lockers useful for PPC1? Any experience in that regard? :)

If you have any kind of commute it is handy. I found it very useful not to have to drag all my books to and from blackhall

• Registered Users Posts: 15 marc24

Hi Has anyone been able to access the timetable? It says on the website its available since yesterday but there's no link to click

marc24 wrote: »
    Hi Has anyone been able to access the timetable? It says on the website its available since yesterday but there's no link to click

No haven't seen any clickable link either! Maybe if someone emailed them, they could put it up if they forgot.
    Btw did anyone receive information about iPads etc, because I didn't receive any emails from the law society (or my firm) about it. Found out by myself.

No haven't seen any clickable link either! Maybe if someone emailed them, they could put it up if they forgot.
    Btw did anyone receive information about iPads etc, because I didn't receive any emails from the law society (or my firm) about it. Found out by myself.

Can anyone see the timetable?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leek15

There's a link for the timetable up now although its fairly hard to understand.

leek15 wrote: »
    There's a link for the timetable up now although its fairly hard to understand.

Basically depending on what "Core" we will be, it will all take shape I guess. There's that alphabetical thing too, but I've no idea then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lostudent

Information brochure on the PPC Hybrid online course is now available, for those still undecided:
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/ppc-hybrid/ppc-hybrid-brochure.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Is anyone considering the Hybrid Course and currently working with their training solicitor. I was wondering how the credit system worked. It says you are entitled to five months credit for working in the firm prior to PPC1 and that you could also earn a further 4 months credit for working with your training solicitor during PPC1. Does this then mean that you do not have to train for the full 24 months and instead, with the credit, can qualify in 15 months?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I believe that is correct. I am also considering the Hybrid course and from the information contained in the pack ,it appears to be correct.

I think you can earn five months credit during the PPC1.Four months credit prior to PPC1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

vid36 wrote: »
    I believe that is correct. I am also considering the Hybrid course and from the information contained in the pack ,it appears to be correct.

Good to know I am not the only one who read it that way. Will you work full time while on the course do you think? I am slightly concerned by the workload but at least if its only 15 months it might make it more manageable than the full 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lostudent

vid36 wrote: »

I'm supposed to be on the Hybrid course but haven't gotten an information pack (I had already submitted an application to the regular PPC1, so they just asked that I send a letter confirming I wanted to switch to the Hybrid course) - is there anything of importance in the information back besides what's published online?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Has anyone got a list of the documents required to be sent in with the application form for PPC?

I don't think there is a difference between the application packs ,other than stating that it relates to the Hybrid and the difference in work experience credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lawls123

Has anyone who applied for the Hybrid got a reply yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

Does the timetable say what date it starts back after Christmas? I heard last year it started back on the 2nd of Jan so I was curious if it was the same this year! Haven't got my login yet to access the timetable.

cblack18 wrote: »
    Does the timetable say what date it starts back after Christmas? I heard last year it started back on the 2nd of Jan so I was curious if it was the same this year! Haven't got my login yet to access the timetable.

Yeah the master timetable indicates the 2nd of January too for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Hey guys - quick question....is it actually worthwhile getting a locker for PPCI?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Anyone know their core number yet

• Advertisement

Anyone know their core number yet

Yep, just looked it out! I'm in the early group yaaaay. Was so hoping for that as I took an accommodation close to Blackhall :D.

Advertisement