Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mrs Federer's Dress - Mens Tennis Final

• 14-07-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea who might have designed Mrs Federer's dress?
    I googled a few 'designer floral dresses' but can't find anything similar.
    Thankfully.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

meeeeh wrote: »

Beautiful...reminds me of needleandthread dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea who might have designed Mrs Federer's dress?
    I googled a few 'designer floral dresses' but can't find anything similar.
    Thankfully.

The one she was wearing on Friday was fab too. She’s so lucky she can wear those and carry them off so well.
    My 85 year old mother thinks she’s divine!

meeeeh wrote: »

Thanks meeeeh. Any idea about the semi final one last Friday? It was a beaut.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Thanks meeeeh. Any idea about the semi final one last Friday? It was a beaut.

I think Friday's was this:
    https://www.lkbennett.com/product/CDIRENIESILKPrintGreen~Irenie-Silk-Dress-Green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Whatever about her dress - what about the rock on her left hand !! Wow !!!

honeybear wrote: »
    Beautiful...reminds me of needleandthread dresses

It's way too feminine for me. But I 'm glad I still posses just enough german to be able make out from Swiss article the make and link to the dress. :D four years of German in high school wasn't in vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Beats me how anyone born after say 1935 could find that dress attractive on an adult. Looks like something a mother would dress up her daughter in, until the child at about 8 years old refuses to wear frills anymore.
    I like the green dress though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dht

I loved her denim jacket ! Anyone any idea of label ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dht

I loved her denim jacket ! Anyone any idea of label ??

• Advertisement

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Beats me how anyone born after say 1935 could find that dress attractive on an adult. Looks like something a mother would dress up her daughter in, until the child at about 8 years old refuses to wear frills anymore.
    I like the green dress though.

She’s a very handsome very feminine 41 year old mother of 4. I thought it was gorgeous but i liked the green silk even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Damn, just bought 2 LK Bennett dresses for work thanks to this thread.

Have to say I agree with some of the poster, not a fan of the first floral dress. Very frou frou for me.

dudara wrote: »
    Damn, just bought 2 LK Bennett dresses for work thanks to this thread.

Congrats! I'm a bit obsessed with LK Bennett. The fit suits me and quality is really good.

I guess you caught their latest sale: you have to trawl a bit but they have just re-listed a lot of 2017/2018 more 'work-wearable' stock (I'm guessing from store closures) and some amazing bargains in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’m really more of a Hobbs fan. Haven’t had massively good experiences with LK Bennett in the past. The dresses that I had wore badly enough. But there are good prices in the sale, so it’s worth another spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The green dress is nice, but I don't like the floral one at all. It reminds me of something you'd see on those toilet roll dolls in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

The floral dress wouldn’t usually be my style, but it actually looked lovely on Marinka (I can’t seem to find an image of her wearing it online). And the pairing with the denim jacket was really laid back and cool yet still dressy enough for the occasion. She has really nice style, I always look out for her outfits during Wimbledon - she rarely puts a foot wrong imo.

The floral dress wouldn’t usually be my style, but it actually looked lovely on Marinka (I can’t seem to find an image of her wearing it online). And the pairing with the denim jacket was really laid back and cool yet still dressy enough for the occasion. She has really nice style, I always look out for her outfits during Wimbledon - she rarely puts a foot wrong imo.

She’s nice and tall with lovely legs so she can wear that kind of “fussy” stuff. I always think she dresses for herself, not to impress or please anyone else. Very much her own woman in the appearance stakes.
    She also has fantastic good quality thick wavy hair! So lucky! Bit of a fan me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

LK Bennett fan here too. Was struggling for wedding guest attire a few months ago. Went into LKB and could have worn 10 of their outfits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I often like a lot of stuff in LK Bennett but I've become very conscious of fabrics the last year or so and am always disappointed with how much of their stock is polyester. I must look like a mad woman in the shops because i'm constantly upskirting items to read the labels and I just will not spend hundreds on a polyester dress.
    Its not a comfortable fabric to wear, potential to get whiffy on a hot day and environmentally its basically plastic.

This is not just LK, Hobbs, Reiss etc are all just as bad.

That said I did get two nice Marino wool dresses that I wear for work in LK in the last year, both on sale for roughly €120 each. Haaaate the handwashing that comes with them though!

I'm not exactly against polyester, it's getting much better quality and some brands use recycled polyester. For me clothing became a bit more relaxed and comfortable in recent years (I'm not talking just about sportswear) and they are often still sticking to styles that require shapewear and stiletto heels. It also helps that I can show up in just about anything at work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement