Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I looked at the digital some months back as I couldn't get the disk to work and it was like 60 euro or something crazy. you'd pick it up cheap somewhere like Amazon but I prefer digital games now, if possible.

Yeah I think this was only €15 on the sale a week ago.

It’ll go on sale again though. It’s not the first time it came up.

I prefer digital for games like this being honest so I can dip in and out and the trade in value of the disk is completely gone now anyway.

I don’t have room for hording game boxes anymore either unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I either payed 25 or 30 euro for the gold edition back in January, that included the 3 dlc's. It's been a similar price since and I think it might drop to that again to try to get people on-board for Division 2.

That was for digital from PS store, have a look on psprices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dudeeile wrote: »
    I either payed 25 or 30 euro for the gold edition back in January, that included the 3 dlc's. It's been a similar price since and I think it might drop to that again to try to get people on-board for Division 2.

That was for digital from PS store, have a look on psprices.

Yeah I think it’ll drop again. The psn sales seem to be every few weeks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I thought the demo was so-so, the usual non-gamers trying to be gamers script. The interviews with the devs however only add to my positive outlook for this one. It's the internet, everyone loves hyperbole and you'll often hear folks complaining about how bad the initial Div1 release was....that's simply not true. It was notably stable, performed excellently for the graphical detail levels and had a great amount of content for a non-subscription game. The wall we all hit at the end was partially because of the divisiveness of the DZ and it's intent to be a long-term mmo-like, the latter was wishful thinking in light of the lack of a sub. The DLCs were for the most part quite good, I didn't like them all but the pass was cheap and they delivered what they promised. Their commitment in the last year though has been exceptional. After stating quite clearly the would be no paid DLC, and dealing with massive criticism for what we presumed meant content starvation they ended up tuning the game to near perfection. That wasn't just for the warm and fuzzies. They were building a better consumer relationship in advance of the sequel and more importantly for Div2 obviously testing their gameplay optimisations for it. I will be incredibly surprised if we see the kind of feature and design backtracking we did with Destiny2, Bungie have made it very obvious with the latter that they are just in cash grab mode (besides the eververse focus, the XP fiasco, needing old DLC to buy new we now have a fkn yearly pass), whereas Massive have not just stated but shown clearly they are going the other way - win those $s through better customer relationships. I'll stop ragging on Destiny2, that's not my intent it's just to illustrate why I am optimistic about Div2, the developer has more than earned my trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm a huge Destiny fan, I quite liked D2 but Bungie's actions have left me on the fence over future purchases. I'll probably get them but will wait a while to see how it pans out. I'm far more likely to support The Division, which will be a day 1 digital deluxe purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm looking forward to this game again, I loved the first game and I put some serious hours into it and made a lot of friends playing it. Nothing bonds a bunch of lads after putting 2-3 hours trying to get through a hard Russian consulate level with crap level 20 gear.

What broke me in the end was they kept changing the meta with Armour and health etc it wore me down having to calibrate all your gear every couple of months. I am hoping this will not happen gain....

Here are a more few videos about it. Same level but but two commentators

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Here are a more few videos about it. Same level but but two commentators

Fixed the vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Yeah I think this was only €15 on the sale a week ago.

It’ll go on sale again though. It’s not the first time it came up.

I prefer digital for games like this being honest so I can dip in and out and the trade in value of the disk is completely gone now anyway.

I don’t have room for hording game boxes anymore either unfortunately.

You can download a "demo" from the store which is basically the full game for 6 hours or until you reach level 8 (whichever comes first). You'll get a good idea of the base game from that and there was still loads of people playing the story at the low levels when I was playing it in January. I ended up buying it after I played the trial, gold edition was on sale for €25 and I'm sure it'll drop down to that price again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Select group of people selected to play an alpha this weekend. Will be interesting to see their thoughts on it unless there's a strict embargo. Although if there is, it will have been a ****ty move for UBI to tell everyone about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Will be looking out for that feedback! I missed the boat with the original, so keeping a close eye on this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I missed the boat with the original, so keeping a close eye on this.

It hasn't gone anywhere you know. You should get it now cheap and run through the story at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Will be looking out for that feedback! I missed the boat with the original, so keeping a close eye on this.

That was one boat you wanted to miss, then wait for it to return and enjoy sweet sailing.
    Definitely worth a play when you can get it so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rob2D wrote: »
    It hasn't gone anywhere you know. You should get it now cheap and run through the story at least.
    That was one boat you wanted to miss, then wait for it to return and enjoy sweet sailing.
    Definitely worth a play when you can get it so cheap.

I believe you, but finding the time before the sequel releases will be tough... Not as much time off for gaming this Christmas as I'd usually have. :(

Woooo!

Just got my Technical Alpha invite :cool:

Rob2D wrote: »
    Woooo!

Just got my Technical Alpha invite :cool:

Nice, do you have a non disclosure agreement or can you tell us about it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nice, do you have a non disclosure agreement or can you tell us about it?

There's a strict NDA on it.

It's NDA AF

0Z10O0Jl.png

Awesome, enjoy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Select group of people selected to play an alpha this weekend. Will be interesting to see their thoughts on it unless there's a strict embargo. Although if there is, it will have been a ****ty move for UBI to tell everyone about it.

Just a few good men :D

Currently playing :)

Just a few good men :D

Currently playing :)

Ah ye bolloxes. Anyway, post yer thoughts here, UBI won't have a clue about ol boards and we won't tell anyone.

• Advertisement

Ah ye bolloxes. Anyway, post yer thoughts here, UBI won't have a clue about ol boards and we won't tell anyone.

tumblr_owysrtSBpr1u501aoo1_400.gif

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c1912fd6b5633646ff89a8d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

18-Motivational-Movie-Quotes-From-The-90s-That-Will-Help-You-Succeed-In-The-21st-Century-1.gif

C'mon you knew that was coming...

came on to see if Robd breached the NDA and ended up watching a few good men in gif format. I'll take it.

Spear wrote: »
    Beta is in 7 days, making any leaks fairly short term in their value.

Really hope I get picked for the beta. I just can't see myself loving Washington as much as I did snowy NY but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

I'm never too pushed about Betas. Ever since I played the Destiny beta. They gave it, they took it away and I lived with that irritation for months.

Really hope I get picked for the beta. I just can't see myself loving Washington as much as I did snowy NY but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

Ignore me on this, I thought I had deleted the post in time. There was a tweet linked on Reddit, but it was the one from 2016 for TD1.

Spear wrote: »
    Ignore me on this, I thought I had deleted the post in time. There was a tweet linked on Reddit, but it was the one from 2016 for TD1.

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Buy12 cans of mountain dew and your in boys :P

• Advertisement

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    *a few good men image*

C'mon you knew that was coming...

I must protest. This was meant to be my line :D

Advertisement