Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've had prime for the past 6 months. I generally post everything to Parcel Motel. It's an extra charge but I get next day delivery for free (and the day for PM to deliver) and the PM cost is offset by the savings on the fast postage side. The video is quite good since I switched to 'living' in the UK too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

chrislad wrote: »
    I've had prime for the past 6 months. I generally post everything to Parcel Motel. It's an extra charge but I get next day delivery for free (and the day for PM to deliver) and the PM cost is offset by the savings on the fast postage side. The video is quite good since I switched to 'living' in the UK too. :)

Prime now has free two day delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Can I use the cousins address in the UK. What do I need to do.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Can I use the cousins address in the UK. What do I need to do.

I literally got onto their chat, and said I had wanted to change my video region to the UK. They didn't ask any questions. Nice and straightforward.

danm14 wrote: »

I'm never home during the day though so PM still works for me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

danm14 wrote: »

Used it a couple of times. Turns out I'm much happier to pay the extra for PM than wait around for and deal with couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got the deal but forgot to make sure my Revolut had enough funds and now i'm stuck in some limbo with Amazon Prime membership with declined card. I'm able to view Prime Video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I literally got onto their chat, and said I had wanted to change my video region to the UK. They didn't ask any questions. Nice and straightforward.

After seeing your post. I just done the same now. Looks like my account was a bit messed up. Part was also .com
    No questions asked. Just changed me over to .co.uk prime video content

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just some info for those looking to get changed from Ireland to UK region for prime video. I've just done it, took about 30 seconds. Like others have said, no questions asked, no hassle. I had the PM postcode handy just incase they looked for it but they didn't.

I went to the contact us page.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us

Digital Content and Services --> Prime Video -->Video included with Prime

The chat log is below.
    Me: Hi, I am looking to get my prime video region changed to the UK.
    You're now connected to Mahith from Amazon.co.uk

Mahith: Hello. I'm Mahith, I'll be glad to assist you.
    Done!
    Could you please try now?

Me: Ok, one moment.
    That is working now. Thank you

Mahith: Perfect!
    My pleasure, is there anything else I may assist you with? I'll be glad to

Me: No that was it. Thank you very much.

Mahith: It was an immense pleasure assisting you.
    Enjoy the rest of your night.
    Take care.
    Cheers!
    If I was helpful in assisting you I would request you to go ahead and take the survey after you end the chat.
    Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

After seeing your post. I just done the same now. Looks like my account was a bit messed up. Part was also .com
    No questions asked. Just changed me over to .co.uk prime video content

Excellent. The selection, which not as good as Netflix, is still pretty good, and with the great TV shows, and better range of movies, it's more than worth wit Prime price with the faster delivery.

However, I'm in Canada right now, and damn, I wish we had their Netflix. I have access to The Office (US) now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Just been looking through Prime. Seems ok. Looking to watch Vikings and Mr Robot. Bit annoying how they mix paid content with prime.

Is there anyway of seeing the quality of content. If it's 1080p or 4k etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did you look at justwatch.com link I posted? It seems to list the quality breakdown SD, HD and 4K and what each costs
    Just been looking through Prime. Seems ok. Looking to watch Vikings and Mr Robot. Bit annoying how they mix paid content with prime.

Is there anyway of seeing the quality of content. If it's 1080p or 4k etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Might be a stupid question but if I start a trial with Amazon Prime video does that include Prime for delivery too. Pre-ordered a game so next day delivery or deliver on the day would be ideal. In other words if I take that 2.99 per month (for six months) deal will I be able to get quicker delivery?

Haven't looked into Prime too much (hence a possibly dumb question) as I wasn't that impressed with the catalogue but after hearing you can change region might have to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Hi all
    Maybe someone here might be able to help me. Just signed up for prime and set it up on my tv. I see Walking Dead, Lucifer and a few others that I thought were UK only. Have they expanded the Irish selection or do I have the UK library now?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

ThePott wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but if I start a trial with Amazon Prime video does that include Prime for delivery too. Pre-ordered a game so next day delivery or deliver on the day would be ideal. In other words if I take that 2.99 per month (for six months) deal will I be able to get quicker delivery?

Haven't looked into Prime too much (hence a possibly dumb question) as I wasn't that impressed with the catalogue but after hearing you can change region might have to give it a go.

Yes prime for delivery encompasses prime video twitch prime etc

Jayprey wrote: »
    Hi all
    Maybe someone here might be able to help me. Just signed up for prime and set it up on my tv. I see Walking Dead, Lucifer and a few others that I thought were UK only. Have they expanded the Irish selection or do I have the UK library now?

I think the best test is to see if you have Batman vs Superman as that's not available to irish prime but is on UK prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

scottigael wrote: »

I think the best test is to see if you have Batman vs Superman as that's not available to irish prime but is on UK prime.

Have that. Sorted thanks for that scottigael

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Just some info for those looking to get changed from Ireland to UK region for prime video. I've just done it, took about 30 seconds. Like others have said, no questions asked, no hassle. I had the PM postcode handy just incase they looked for it but they didn't.

I went to the contact us page.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us

Digital Content and Services --> Prime Video -->Video included with Prime

The chat log is below.

Hi,
    just wondering, did you get access to full UK content without VPN?

Thanks,
    Kris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi,
    just wondering, did you get access to full UK content without VPN?

Thanks,
    Kris

Yes, AFAIK it's an EU thing, they can no longer geo restrict as the sell to both UK and Ireland, could be wrong.

Anyhow, you do not need a VPN to view full UK content

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes, AFAIK it's an EU thing, they can no longer geo restrict as the sell to both UK and Ireland, could be wrong.

Anyhow, you do not need a VPN to view full UK content

Yeah kicked in from the 1st April 2018 (no April fool :p). Previously my UK prime video content was reduced as I was 'travelling'. Now I get the lot.

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/cross-border-portability-online-content-services

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

doylefe wrote: »
    Use live chat. Say you currently have international prime video, have moved and want to update to prime video UK. In the chat they will ask for your UK address.

Thanks - this worked perfectly.

• Advertisement

Thanks - this worked perfectly.

yeah, just changed mine but cs agent was asking me alot of questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

yeah, just changed mine but cs agent was asking me alot of questions :D

Guess there's been a sudden rise in people asking to have their location changed to the UK...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Tell them you're moving back to the UK because of Brexit and the UK will finally be a super power again.... I don't see them asking too many questions :D

MBSnr wrote: »
    Guess there's been a sudden rise in people asking to have their location changed to the UK...:D

probably thats the reason of him being ..ehm..so suspicious :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I went on live chat yesterday evening and had my location changed to the UK. Not a single question was asked.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I went on live chat yesterday evening and had my location changed to the UK. Not a single question was asked.

Went on this morning. Live chat dude suggested that he change it for me. Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Me: Can you please update my Prime Video region to UK as it should be.

You're now connected to <Redacted> from Amazon.co.uk
    Redacted: Hello, I'm Redacted.
    I'll check that for you.
    I've updated your Video territory settings to UK.

Me: Briliant, thanks!

Redacted: You are welcome.

Too easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

scottigael wrote: »

I just signed up now and got the location changed to the UK via chat.

Is it Batman vs Superman "Dawn of justice" - 2016

That's showing on my prime video app now

I tried to listen to Amazon music it looks for CC ( I used Revolut Mastercard) and address but comes up with an error saying not in Ireland etc :(

Edit: added new virtual "visa" on my revolut account and got signed up ok on amazon music with PM address :)

Actually, I think I will be charged for Amazon music separate and it's not included in prime subscription from what I'm reading. I had better cancel that then :).
    It seems that its prime music is free (2 million songs) its the music unlimited is charged at £79 per year :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Tell them you're moving back to the UK because of Brexit and the UK will finally be a super power again.... I don't see them asking too many questions :D

Rajesh doesn't care about brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hmmmm I've been on with a lad and he says;

As you have opened a membership for Ireland you will only get access to constant available in Ireland this is because of content license restrictions.

I asked about geo restrictions being gone and he said nope...

Told/spoofed him I am moving to the north next week... said changing address is not enough, IP address should also be for that location!!.

He then said that if a user had signed up for video via amazon.co.uk and NOT primevideo.com from Ireland then it was probably working for them, but I see now if in Ireland you can only get the prime video via primevideo.com.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement