Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying A TV?

• 08-06-2003 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Then why not consider buying it on the web? I have been looking for a decent Widescreen Tellie for a while and have narrowed my selection down to this lad here :

http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/consumer.nsf/popupv3/WEBR-5F7EBR/$file/36zd26_a.jpg?Openelement

Best price i could find in Ireland is €2000, unfortunatly my budget is €1500 max. Couldnt really find a lot of Websites that deliver Large Tellies to Ireland but i went to www.techtronics.com and found it there for £949 Sterling Inc VAT. Add on the rather expensive shipping of £100 Sterling + VAT and it works out at prity much €1500 bang on the money.

In other words, getting a 32" Widescreen Televison Courier delivered from the UK to my house works out €500 cheaper than buying it in Ireland.

If your looking for a TV or DVD player for a very good price, sure check out your local stores.....but make sure you have a look at places like www.techtronics.com or www.hifistore.co.uk (DVD Players and Audio Kit).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

will an english telly work over here?
    i didnt think they were the same as i had a telly from england that wouldnt work with the pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by superfly
    will an english telly work over here?
    i didnt think they were the same as i had a telly from england that wouldnt work with the pipe

I believe there's an extra section of UHF/VHF frequency in the TV/Video equipment sold over here (not sure which channels use it).

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

No, English TV`s won`t work here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Feck! Havent bought it yet, is is possible to buy a seperate tuner? I will be using it mainly for Digital TV and DVDs so it wouldnt affect me too much, but i would like to be able to use NTL analogue and the teletext.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

You can tune it into your vcr. Then just change the channels on the vcr.
    Sky will work on it too.
    How about getting a projector instead.
    Much cheaper and big muther of a screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I am getting myself the bargin of the century tomorrow on a new telly,I'm getting it from the phillips factory in clonskeagh,A 32" widescreen,with real flat screen and 100hz for 600Euro.
    only getting this deal because they are relocating and i know someone in there.:D

Advertisement