Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

• 16-07-2019 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar have both bizarrely refused to condemn the recent attack on the ICE facility. Radical leftist Willem Van Spronsen who was armed with a semi-automatic weapon also attempted to ignite a propane gas tank near the facility. The left wing extremist who was shot dead at the scene blatantly aimed to kill or seriously harm members of staff at the facility.

The links below contain clear footage of the congresswomen refusing to condemn the extremist.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1150924134702075904

https://twitter.com/RebelNewsOnline/status/1150876182793076738

AOC was ironically famously quoted for saying "failure to condemn something means you condone it".

Very sad state of affairs when citizens of the USA are fawning at women like these. SAD! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Your mom will let you out when you've got off the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Your mom will let you out when you've got off the internet.

I fail to understand. Do you condone these attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sexy border protection agent was a better news story. This fool reminds me of that eejit in Texas that got shot with little effort.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

"We will be making a statement later today" is the response from AOC.

But at that time she may have been distracted by other things going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭NSAman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    "We will be making a statement later today" is the response from AOC.

But at that time she may have been distracted by other things going on.

Like calling someone else a Racist?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NSAman wrote: »
    Like calling someone else a Racist?
    or being told to go back to her own country.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    or being told to go back to her own country.

Who told her to go back to her own country? Can you provide evidence of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Sounds like she simply didn't want to engage with The Daily Caller - a far-right website that recently published a nude picture, falsely claiming that it was her.

Can't say I blame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Yet another opening post quoting American conservative right wing outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

klaaaz wrote: »

Yes it appears so... so what ?

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote: »

Where have I quoted the outlet? I have merely provided video links of the two women refusing to condemn the attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Yes it appears so... so what ?
    splashuum wrote: »
    Where have I quoted the outlet? I have merely provided video links of the two women refusing to condemn the attacks.

Daily Caller and Rebelnewsonline are propaganda outlets for the American conservative right wingers. You quoted their Twitter feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It just tells you how much of a cancer Trumps presidency is that this kind of ****e gets exported accross the water. Some xy congresswoman wouldn't get that kind of attention 10 years ago and yet all these donkeys are doing is raising her profile.

Pause for a moment to reflect on how many times OP has been muted/unfriended since Trump declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭jackboy

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar have both bizarrely refused to condemn the recent attack on the ICE facility. Radical leftist Willem Van Spronsen who was armed with a semi-automatic weapon also attempted to ignite a propane gas tank near the facility. The left wing extremist who was shot dead at the scene blatantly aimed to kill or seriously harm members of staff at the facility.

AOC was ironically famously quoted for saying "failure to condemn something means you condone it".

Very sad state of affairs when citizens of the USA are fawning at women like these. SAD! :p

I don’t think any politician should condemn or condone anything when asked by a journalist on the spot. The journalists in these situations are being lazy and just looking to make a story out of a quick quote. It’s just trash journalism.

Better if the politicians actually take time to draft a statement and then just read that out. At least that way there should be less misunderstandings. Also, no politician should be on Twitter, no good can come from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

The links below contain clear footage of the congresswomen refusing to condemn the extremist.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1150924134702075904

https://twitter.com/RebelNewsOnline/status/1150876182793076738

It's like the internet has become the ****ty bar you'd rather avoid because the local drunks are in there regaling all with their conspiracy theories and excuses for why they never made anything of their lives.

Who told her to go back to her own country? Can you provide evidence of this?
    Can you provide evidence of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There’s as much sincerity in your opening post as there is in the journalists who are getting up in those people’s faces in what is clearly an attempt to wind them up and provoke a reaction.

I don’t expect you’ll see that as pathetic though, but that’s exactly what it is, and that’s why the people aren’t responding to those wind-up merchants. It’s nothing to do with condemning or not condemning any attack, it’s simply a case of not giving wind-up merchants any satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

I thought the whole point of the current affairs forum was that we didn't have to bear witness to shíte threads like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I fail to understand. Do you condone these attacks?

Why do you care?

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Why do you care?

To gauge his POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lol stung rapid

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The end of that article by Paul Joseph Watson -

Without your support, my voice will be silenced.

One can only hope :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It is a well known fact that genuine emotion and the wearing of mid-range watches are mutually exclusive, what a fcuking cnut!

Seriously the stuff that people think are some kind of checkmate against AOC is hilarious, I know eff all about her I just keep seeing right-wing raving about her dancing in college, wearing a watch etc. I have to assume there's no actual substantive dirt on her if people are reduced to pretending things like that are big deals, god knows they're looking for anything to undermine her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

lol stung rapid

Would you feel better if she wore rags? Prob call her a poser then :rolleyes:

Jeez, people getting their knickers in a twist over the prettiest things.

Headline "woman says nothing", "woman wears a (semi) expensive watch"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

The so-called Right Wing seem to be far more intelligent than those on the left.

If the word "racist" hadn't been invented the liberal dummies would have an even smaller vocabulary.

Would you feel better if she wore rags? Prob call her a poser then :rolleyes:

Jeez, people getting their knickers in a twist over the prettiest things.

Headline "woman says nothing", "woman wears a (semi) expensive watch"

The watch isn't the issue people are having here. The issue is her fake "bawling" at a border car-park in what was blatantly a (hugely embarrassing) publicity stunt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,626 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

To gauge his POV.

No why do you care about what a us congresswoman does or doesnt say? How does it affect you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

The so-called Right Wing seem to be far more intelligent than those on the left.

If the word "racist" hadn't been invented the liberal dummies would have an even smaller vocabulary.

I've always said it, strip them of their insults and they have nothing. Look at any immigration thread, it turns into arguing over what's racist and what's not and never the actual substance of the thread. This thread will probably head down a similar route too.

Advertisement