Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I said 'association' remember, so if you google Gerry Adams and the KKK, you get no association, but if you google Ulster-Scots and the KKK you get plenty making an association, so judge for yourself taking in behaviours and history etc etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ulster+scots+and+the+KKK&oq=ulster+scots+and+the+KKK&aqs=chrome..69i57.12055j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Google is sure to turn up plenty of vague links with a search like that. Here’s much more solid stuff that can be substantiated
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=irish+and+the+nazis

• Registered Users Posts: 66,843 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    Google is sure to turn up plenty of vague links with a search like that. Here’s much more solid stuff that can be substantiated
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=irish+and+the+nazis

Bet you are sorry you mentioned the KKK now downcow? :)

Bet you are sorry you mentioned the KKK now downcow? :)

I looked at that quickly and honestly thought you said “BTW I’m sorry downcow”. I nearly choked on my roast beef. But I see normal service is restored
    Lol

Here’s one of your former prime ministers mates. Nothing short of incredible that you are interested in taking private f to task and don’t want answers about this
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30571335

Here’s one of your former prime ministers mates. Nothing short of incredible that you are interested in taking private f to task and don’t want answers about this
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30571335

Goodness me, is downcow desperately trying to deflect? What a surprise.

• Advertisement

Goodness me, is downcow desperately trying to deflect? What a surprise.

Talking about deflecting. You still did not give me you criteria for when you judge a parade is ‘not wanted’ and whether you would apply that criteria to all cultural displays.
    It’s very difficult to be sectarian and consistent I guess

Talking about deflecting. You still did not give me you criteria for when you judge a parade is ‘not wanted’ and whether you would apply that criteria to all cultural displays.
    It’s very difficult to be sectarian and consistent I guess

I said it wasn't up to me or you to decide. So I don't have or need any criteria. I just abide by an independent panel's decision. Needless to say the OO has been at loggerheads with the PC from day one.
    And I posted the Code of Conduct of the Parades Commission and it's Procedural Regulations.

There would be no need for a 'parades commission if the ethos of an Orange march wasn't suprematist triumphalism.

I don't see the need to apply restrictive criteria to marches or parades that have intention of offending anyone. If they do, it's off to the parades commission for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Could we not all agree that it's all the English fault and leave it at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't actually.

As you know I rely on the courts and a jury to decide guilt. You have the arrogance to adjudicate on these things and have in the past, invariably finding against the republican accused. In fact you'd be site-famous for doing it.

Why dafuq would there be any onus on me to provide 'evidence' that he wasn't chief in command?

You and others have made the accusations, away you go and supply the evidence.

Why aren't you supporting Soldier F then? He is also innocent until proven guilty.

As for the soldiers that the DPP has decided not to prosecute, surely they deserve your full support as well.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why aren't you supporting Soldier F then? He is also innocent until proven guilty.

As for the soldiers that the DPP has decided not to prosecute, surely they deserve your full support as well.

You'll find I have said damn all about 'Soldier F'.

I will await the outcome of his trial.

Generally I think the British establishment wimped out on BS even after the whitewashes and cover-ups that went on. To only send one for trial was tokenism in the extreme.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Could we not all agree that it's all the English fault and leave it at that?

You won’t want to hear this but I am always amazed and appreciative how good the English have been to our wee place. Many a lessor people would have pissed off decades ago with their wallet and left us to it.

You won’t want to hear this but I am always amazed and appreciative how good the English have been to our wee place. Many a lessor people would have pissed off decades ago with their wallet and left us to it.
    I think you'll find it is more than the English who are picking up the tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Without anyone even trying,francie has been "shot down in a blaze of glory!"....by himself once again!The UDR WAS a part of the BA-he`ll probably say it`s a lie like he says about everything that does`nt fit in with the waffle he dreams up!:rolleyes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Defence_Regiment

Don't be silly, I think everyone is aware that the UDR was part of the British Army. The point was that it was not seen as being the same as other units due to its close likes to Unionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Hands across the water to our brethren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Correct.
    I think you'll find it is more than the English who are picking up the tab.

The Scottish etc have played their part in trying to keep peace in N. Ireland too. There were some brave lads from Scottish regiments who came over and all they got from Republicans was a bullet in the back or a bomb. Respect to all those who paid the ultimate price trying to keep the peace.

janfebmar wrote: »
    Correct.

The Scottish etc have played their part in trying to keep peace in N. Ireland too. There were some brave lads from Scottish regiments who came over and all they got from Republicans was a bullet in the back or a bomb. Respect to all those who paid the ultimate price trying to keep the peace.

They were over here with nice bottles of whisky to give out no doubt.

We had a particularly nasty squad of them here on the border for while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Correct.

This is just antagonistic revisionism, it's pointless and childish.

They were over here with nice bottles of whisky to give out no doubt.

They were here to help keep the peace /stop the paramilitaries getting out of control. Unfortunately the Cead Mile Failte welcome they got from certain quarters ensured they probably had not too many opportunities to indulge in exchanging bottles of whiskey over here. Either way, I am agreeing with the poster who said it was not just the English who were involved here.

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    This is just antagonistic revisionism, it's pointless and childish.

I agree it is fairly pointless. I feel I answer anything I am asked as honestly as I can.
    Any difficult questions and some (unfortunately some of the republicans) just refuse to answer or point to other bodies like the parades Commission because suddenly they don’t have a position.

I agree it is fairly pointless. I feel I answer anything I am asked as honestly as I can.
    Any difficult questions and some (unfortunately some of the republicans) just refuse to answer or point to other bodies like the parades Commission because suddenly they don’t have a position.

I do have a very well expressed position downcow. I would like to see the OO disappear into history where it belongs and triumphalist parading along with it. I don't have any time for religious zealotry or supremacy from whatever religion it comes.

• Advertisement

They were here to help keep the peace /stop the paramilitaries getting out of control. Unfortunately the Cead Mile Failte welcome they got from certain quarters ensured they probably had not too many opportunities to indulge in exchanging bottles of whiskey over here. Either way, I am agreeing with the poster who said it was not just the English who were involved here.

Oh please. :rolleyes:

There were savage atrocities carried out by all sides in the conflict. Everyone but you accepts that. Here is one carried out by your cuddly Scottish troops, that happened to families I know and whose home I pass every day almost.
    Over six years later it emerged that members of the 1st Battalion Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders were responsible for the killings which were described by a pathologist at the time as “frenzied” and “berserk.”

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/14816118.the-pitchfork-murders-to-lose-my-father-figure-was-heartbreaking-says-james-naan/

I do have a very well expressed position downcow. I would like to see the OO disappear into history where it belongs and triumphalist parading along with it.

They see themselves as defending Protestant civil and religious liberties. There have been a large number of attacks on properties and its members, so not surprising it has seen itself and its community under attack in many ways.

They see themselves as defending Protestant civil and religious liberties. There have been a large number of attacks on properties and its members, so not surprising it has seen itself and its community under attack in many ways.

To this day they are trying to protect civil and religious liberty (William was fighting for it FOR ALL) by denying it to others.

See their resolutions on the Irish Language posted earlier and their oft expressed bigotry towards members of other faiths.

*And to head you off at the pass - if the Catholic church did it or do it, or Dev did it, that is equally wrong and belongs in the past.

Oh please. :rolleyes:

There were savage atrocities carried out by all sides in the conflict. Everyone but you accepts that.

You are telling lies again Francie, I always accepted there were good and bad people on all sides. If you have a sample size of a 100,000 people or whatever you are bound to have a few bad apples - or call them what you want.

Here is one carried out by your cuddly Scottish troops, that happened to families I know and whose home I pass every day almost.

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/14816118.the-pitchfork-murders-to-lose-my-father-figure-was-heartbreaking-says-james-naan/

I never said they were cuddly. Troops in a situation where lots of them are being sniped at in the back are seldom cuddly. As regards the murder above, is it not true a staff sergeant and a sergeant of the 1st Battalion Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders were tried and jailed for life for the murder you cite above?

Do not forget up to approx 90% of the murders in Fermanagh / south Tyrone were committed by Republicans, and the vast % of those responsible were never tried or jailed.

To this day they are trying to protect civil and religious liberty (William was fighting for it FOR ALL) by denying it to others.

Next thing is you will be blaming them for the notorious Ne Temere decree, in which the children of mixed marriages had to be brought up as Catholic.

You are telling lies again Francie, I always accepted there were good and bad people on all sides. If you have a sample size of a 100,000 people or whatever you are bound to have a few bad apples - or call them what you want.
    Funny, I thought I was responding to a post were you where adamant the Scots troops were here to 'keep the peace'?

The rest of your post is just your same old same old 'but they had a reason to ....' nonsense.

Next thing is you will be blaming them for the notorious Ne Temere decree, in which the children of mixed marriages had to be brought up as Catholic.

Time for bed there jan.
    *And to head you off at the pass - if the Catholic church did it or do it, or Dev did it, that is equally wrong and belongs in the past.

Funny, I thought I was responding to a post were you where adamant the Scots troops were here to 'keep the peace'?

And that is why they were sent here. To restore peace. To stop the paramilitaries dragging the place down to something like Syria. Eventually they did restore peace, and see the paramilitaries disarmed.

The fact 2 troops committed a murder (and were tried and jailed for life) shows how justice did work sometimes, while hundreds of thousands of British troops did serve in N Ireland without murdering anyone. You cannot tar the hundreds of thousands because of the actions of a few.

Its quite easy to defend the hundreds of thousands of people who did behave within the law Francie. Your problem is you defend the paramilitaries (on one side only of course) who operated outside the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I doubt there was a single person in the RUC/UDR who was unaware of the collusion their colleagues were up to. MaryJane likes to bundle the likes of the UDR in with the regular British Army to 'dilute' the numbers involved in the mass-murder of innocent Catholics. The UDR was 'up to its knees in Fenian blood' as it were.

One of the reasons Unionists and the British don't want a T&RC is because it would expose the depth of UDR/RUC collusion/participation in sectarian terrorism against innocent Catholics.

Unionists fear that the idea that the security forces, particularly the locally recruited ones, were 'keeping the two sides apart' will be exposed for the utter bullshit it is.

• Advertisement

And that is why they were sent here. To restore peace. To stop the paramilitaries dragging the place down to something like Syria. Eventually they did restore peace, and see the paramilitaries disarmed.

The fact 2 troops committed a murder (and were tried and jailed for life) shows how justice did work sometimes, while hundreds of thousands of British troops did serve in N Ireland without murdering anyone. You cannot tar the hundreds of thousands because of the actions of a few.

Its quite easy to defend the hundreds of thousands of people who did behave within the law Francie. Your problem is you defend the paramilitaries (on one side only of course) who operated outside the law.

You need to come out of the fantasyland where all the above went smoothly and legally. It simply didn't and everyone, even the British know that.

I'm not engaging with your simpering apologies here. They completely ignore what happened and why it happened.

Don't waste your time rewriting one of your tiresome Irish Bad British Good dirges please. It won't even be read by me anyway.

Advertisement