Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SILVERCREST Robot Vacuum Cleaner with App

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I see Lidl selling this again. Did anyone buy before and is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

I see Lidl selling this again. Did anyone buy before and is it any good?
    Lidl rebranding ILIFE vacuums, previous model was ilife a7 ;have it for 6 months no complaints, but its my first robot, the new one looks like ilife v3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Wonder if this is any good on carpets or does it just sweep stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I decided to take the plunge and purchase this. I had been considering a top-of-the-range Roomba because my sister advised me to. However, she lives in Miami, in a spacious single story house. Tropical climate so all the flooring is tiled. No carpets, no rugs, no curtains and no clutter. Me, I live in Ireland, on a hill in a bungalow that has been extended to the rear and upwards. Lots of steps and stairs.
    After some Googling research I decided that the Silvercrest might be value at the price. It’s a Lidl re-branded iLike and that make seem to be reliable.
    As my wife and kids are away this weekend I was able to get a good feel for it.
    I’ve only used it twice so far, here are my initial thoughts:
    The battery doesn’t seem to last very long. Maybe a little over an hour. Takes about two or three hours to charge. The unit doesn’t seem to be very good at finding its way back to the docking station. The latter isn’t very robust either and gets knocked around by the unit itself!
    However, the sweeping/cleaning on tile, wooden floor and short pile carpet is very good. And the coverage around the room seems to be very good too. The path it takes doesn’t make sense initially but I assume this is the mapping process and there is method behind the madness. I would say that if you were to sit and watch it in action you would not be impressed. But the first time I used it I made a mental note of the detritus on the floor and was pleasantly surprised by how the room looked when I returned an hour later.
    The less stuff in a room, the better. Consider when you do the hovering yourself. A quick rub and you’ll just work around the chairs, cables, etc. But a thorough job requires you to move those chairs out of the room, lift/remove cables, etc. I would say you need to do the latter prep work to the warrant one of these.
    Does a great job but equally what you put into it you’ll get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

€120 seems like a good price but I would wonder how many years you could expect to get out of them. Lidl usually has three year warranties which is great but if it broke down soon after the three years is up then €120 may not look so good when you've to buy another one

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    €120 seems like a good price but I would wonder how many years you could expect to get out of them. Lidl usually has three year warranties which is great but if it broke down soon after the three years is up then €120 may not look so good when you've to buy another one

I guess you need to also take into account the time and labour that this device saves you over the 2-3 years. That would bring the cost a fair bit, making this a bargain; if the thing does a decent job.

Muahahaha wrote: »

True. But also true to any purchase you make.
    The device doesn’t seem very robust. I have a Miele vacuum cleaner and I frequently give it a good tug to get it to follow me, or kick the main body to get it around a chair leg, step, etc., and it’s still going strong.
    This robot cleaner has a lot of light and possibly brittle parts. It would be too heavy otherwise, but it’ll need gentle handling. I’ll definitely hide it from the kids.

bunderoon wrote: »
    I guess you need to also take into account the time and labour that this device saves you over the 2-3 years. That would bring the cost a fair bit, making this a bargain; if the thing does a decent job.

My wife has a cleaner come to the house every two weeks. €20 for two hours. It is t all hovering she does, but it dies give you an idea of how reasonably priced this is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I bought it also
    Agree with a lot of the above on charging, odd path etc but ultimately it does the job for me.
    Not seen others in operation as this is my first but I'm happy out with it

• Advertisement

Man, it’s great. It really is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have had one of these (not a Lidl one) with years now. First one I got in Aldi, wasn't the best it kept breaking and I went then and got the iLife A6. Great little yoke. And considering the amount of crap it takes between dog hair, human hair (daughter has long hair) I can't believe it's still going strong but it is.

Worth a punt if it's got the 3 year warranty although that said the Aldi one had the same and it broke my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

This is in again... 119. I think I will buy it.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/clean-tidy/robot-vacuum-cleaner/p27210

This is in again... 119. I think I will buy it.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/clean-tidy/robot-vacuum-cleaner/p27210

Does it Drive itself back to base?
    AFAIR the last one didnt even have a base.

-Looks like it does.tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yes is it a “homing” robot ?
    Can’t seem to see info on link on website ?
    Does it Drive itself back to base?
    AFAIR the last one didnt even have a base.

-Looks like it does.tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

anyone go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone any views on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irish TuneR

Either they got very few in in my local or they were sold out but i didn't see any when i called in after work. Pity as i would've taken a punt on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Sold out in blanch as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have it now a good while. CAn't complain. Its a little erratic at times, but a house with 2 kids and it heads off itself at 2pm each day.
    All timber floors.
    But I'm v happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

There is a vileda one at the moment. Anyone got any idea if it is the same as the one above? Or any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Raoul wrote: »
    There is a vileda one at the moment. Anyone got any idea if it is the same as the one above? Or any use?

I got Vileda one this week. Very happy with it. Its a basic 1 button job, no smart tech. But no need. It goes all over the place but floors are clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

holly8 wrote: »
    I got Vileda one this week. Very happy with it. Its a basic 1 button job, no smart tech. But no need. It goes all over the place but floors are clean.

What price please

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

What price please

Link to it €99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

nava wrote: »

Has anyone seen any of these in stock in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Same As wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any of these in stock in Dublin?

Gullivers Retail Park had a few yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

We got the Vileda one too, great yoke for €100. Goes all over our laminate downstairs. Even the dogs are grand with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do they typically have to be emptied out after a single use or do you get a couple of uses out of it before its full?

Advertisement