Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That's all good RG. But you need to shoot some chickens real soon.:D

They'd want to get their act together and start laying again real soon or that could be a possibility.

In their defence the pony has become extremely cunning in the last few weeks and is managing to circumvent any temporary new barrier we use to keep him away from their morning supplementary feed, having said that they have a couple of acres to graze on.

Also in their favor is the fact that as usual I have held back one turkey for the new year. There'll be a weeks eating in that bird and the end is nigh.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

had a lovely roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings today. We tried Nigella Lawsons roasties they were excellent. Had a few 8 degrees full Irish tonight they were lovely. Bed soon work in the morning after being off for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Egg salad brown bread sambo with a cup of tea.

A couple each of spring onion flavored and caramelised onion flavored sausages out of the airfryer with mash, peas and some of yesterdays homemade gravy and a mock pint of Guinness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homemade beef stew :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Pasta,chicken,green beans,onions and carrots, brussel sprouts.pint of chilled water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bassy wrote: »
    Pasta,chicken,green beans,onions and carrots, brussel sprouts.pint of chilled water.

Now your talkin Bassy! Fook the red meat out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭trashcan

oh dear :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

Don’t you mean oh deer? ;)

Now your talkin Bassy! Fook the red meat out for a few weeks.

it was delicious G and looked great :)

trashcan wrote: »
    Don’t you mean oh deer? ;)

nope cause i did,nt wanna be to blunt ;)

• Advertisement

Normal coffee is back, a bit of fuel before I head out fishing.

Toasted ham and cheese sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Cadbury Wispa biscuits with a 'bubbly' centre.
    Big let down. More like a bull**** centre. Teeny bit of wispa in a teeny little biscuit.
    That said, I ate the whole pack;p

chicken tagliatelle

what fish are you catching ?.

what fish are you catching ?.

Caught shag all bassy, good job I had a packet of beef mince thawing out.

I used my new burger press again today and made seasoned burgers stuffed with mature cheddar. There was a bit of mince left over so I made mini stuffed burgers for on the side as well, no bun with the mini burger's, kinda like a starter but on the same plate. Went down a storm.

Deep fried the chips but the burgers and mushrooms were baked.

Just saying bassy, there's loads of ways to cook mince and baking it reduces the fat (which you can then mix with seeds and feed to the small wild birds the following day.)

There was more Merlot involved and truth be told when I was prepping everything I had a snaky gin and tonic.

And I'll have more.

i use lean mince,you never said what fish you were looking to catch ?.

i use lean mince,you never said what fish you were looking to catch ?.

I use the leanest beef mince you can buy bassy, it's 4% but it still contains an awful lot more fat than venison.

I was out for mainly bass or flounder today, just a bit of sport fishing from the beach and to get a bit of the sea air for a couple of hours more than anything else.

Always something happens when you're out, today after about two hours of peace and solitude on my own 5 ladies just randomly appeared on the beach, togged off and went in for a swim like it was a summer in Ibiza.

I threw some pictures up on another thread earlier.

Had the most delicious Lamb steaks from Aldi, Highly recommend them. Slow cooked in the oven with sliced onions on top and the juices and flavour then went through the steaks :) Heavenly!!

Autosport wrote: »
    Had the most delicious Lamb steaks from Aldi, Highly recommend them. Slow cooked in the oven with sliced onions on top and the juices and flavour then went through the steaks :) Heavenly!!

That sounds lovely Auto. When you say slow cooked do you mean you had the oven down low and cooked for hours? Mine always turn out tough so would love some tips!

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    That sounds lovely Auto. When you say slow cooked do you mean you had the oven down low and cooked for hours? Mine always turn out tough so would love some tips!

Yea I would have the temp at 100 and not the usual 150 or 180 they mention. Also a little tip is pour a small amount of water over it aswell, we’re talking maybe 2 tablespoons and wrap the tinfoil tight :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea I would have the temp at 100 and not the usual 150 or 180 they mention. Also a little tip is pour a small amount of water over it aswell, we’re talking maybe 2 tablespoons and wrap the tinfoil tight :)

Ah great tips, thanks:)
    I wouldn't have thought of wrapping in tinfoil or adding water.

I'm having soda bread with butter and a hot chocolate. Comforting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭vafankillar

am i the only one who doesn't like salted caramel? I do find it confusing how this flavour took over, chocolate & caramel has been my favourite chocolate combination since childhood but it's completely ruined for me when the salt is added. especially weird how I also probably put too much salt on most hot meals generally.

Did your coffee machine arrive from Curries?? My additional fridge freezer is arriving in the morning from them. Looks like I escaped the drama.

I baked a fillet of ham today, let it cool and sliced it. Ms G had some with baby boiled spuds and a dash of gravy with hers. I had mine with mash and cabbage. I have mash and ham left over for tomorrows lunch. Just need to choose a veg to go with it. Gonna freeze the rest of the ham slices. No waste here. Mrs G is on a weight watchers, slim fast crazy combo diet, so is looking after herself with frozen meals that look like crap. Her choice. Our money.:D

My local Tesco is selling off cans of Canadian at 1 yo yo a pop because they can't sell the actual slabs at below cost, but you can just pull a slab apart and work away. What a country!:D

sandwiches now with lettuce,tomato,onions,ham and some knorr aromat which i now use instead of salt.and a chilled bottle of water :)

Did your coffee machine arrive from Curries?? My additional fridge freezer is arriving in the morning from them. Looks like I escaped the drama.

I baked a fillet of ham today, let it cool and sliced it. Ms G had some with baby boiled spuds and a dash of gravy with hers. I had mine with mash and cabbage. I have mash and ham left over for tomorrows lunch. Just need to choose a veg to go with it. Gonna freeze the rest of the ham slices. No waste here. Mrs G is on a weight watchers, slim fast crazy combo diet, so is looking after herself with frozen meals that look like crap. Her choice. Our money.:D

My local Tesco is selling off cans of Canadian at 1 yo yo a pop because they can't sell the actual slabs at below cost, but you can just pull a slab apart and work away. What a country!:D

Normal service resumed this morning my man, Tassimo is back.

Long awaited, so long awaited if Curry's were the last place on this planet selling anything I needed I would do without.

As for baking joints of ham it's a no brainer, about a quarter of the price of the sliced packet stuff and multiples of the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭trashcan

am i the only one who doesn't like salted caramel? I do find it confusing how this flavour took over, chocolate & caramel has been my favourite chocolate combination since childhood but it's completely ruined for me when the salt is added. especially weird how I also probably put too much salt on most hot meals generally.

I love salted caramel. Yum.

mince with carrots,onions,brussel sprouts and broccoli,thyme,parsley and knorr aromat for seasoning.

Wednesday night beers have commenced. :) Foodwise, I'm experimenting later with the Purepower ready meal brand. I picked one up today in Supervalu. Chicken curry and rice. I'll report back. It cost a fiver. Better be worth it!

• Advertisement

Not a fan of it myself either, I love caramel and chocolate but not salted caramel

Tonight’s dinner was shepherds pie :)

Advertisement