Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

tedpan wrote:
    I'm off work today so said I'd have a flight and took some RAW shots. Hopefully they're not too bad.

For some reason they are only downloading as 2MB, they are 23MB images. My Google photos account is meant to save the original file size.not sure if emailing will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Maybe try Google drive or Dropbox?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Maybe try Google drive or Dropbox?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DZIMcDLfl3Vl9RSXJOY1ZjY0k

Think this should work, cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

tedpan wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DZIMcDLfl3Vl9RSXJOY1ZjY0k

Think this should work, cheers for the tip!

My god you're going above and beyond.
    Thanks again. I'll let you know how a test print goes.
    I think Xiaomi should send you a few rewards

Vidcon wrote:
    My god you're going above and beyond. Thanks again. I'll let you know how a test print goes. I think Xiaomi should send you a few rewards

Haha, cheers, bored at home and it's always nice to have a fly around! I probably didn't take enough shots, hopefully some of them will turn out for you. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

They were perfect thanks.
    Just waiting for IMG_20170928_114855.dng to finish printing now.
    Made a few small adjustments in camera raw and lightroom.
    Any rough idea what height they were taken from?

For some reason lightroom didn't let me do anything to them if I imported straight. Had to open in camera raw and then save. Only minor thing which a bit of messing about would solve.

Vidcon wrote:
    They were perfect thanks. Just waiting for IMG_20170928_114855.dng to finish printing now. Made a few small adjustments in camera raw and lightroom. Any rough idea what height they were taken from?

That's great! I PM'd you ;)

Vidcon wrote:
    For some reason lightroom didn't let me do anything to them if I imported straight. Had to open in camera raw and then save. Only minor thing which a bit of messing about would solve.

Maybe it was down to uploading and downloading through drive?

Hopefully the print is good!

Cheers.
    It's looking good so far anyway. Unfortunately I've had to leave the house before it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Deadly pics Ted.

Have the wee brI talked into buying one. He was dead set for getting a mavic, but this is much more within his budget.

Rick Shaw wrote:
    Deadly pics Ted.

Thanks mate!
    Rick Shaw wrote:
    Have the wee brI talked into buying one. He was dead set for getting a mavic, but this is much more within his budget.

Cool, if he has any questions let me know!

• Advertisement

Well the printing looked good enough to me for what I would use a drone for. Up to A2 without a problem. Might try larger later.
    Pixel peepers might disagree but printed out and viewed at normal distances I don't see any reason not to use this for photography.
    Thanks again for taking those photos for me.

Now where's my credit card...........

Vidcon wrote:
    Well the printing looked good enough to me for what I would use a drone for. Up to A2 without a problem. Might try larger later. Pixel peepers might disagree but printed out and viewed at normal distances I don't see any reason not to use this for photography. Thanks again for taking those photos for me.

Vidcon wrote:
    Now where's my credit card...........

Haha! No worries, glad it suits your needs. Great value for what you're getting.

Good luck buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I sent a message yesterday querying when the item would be shipped. Today the status has changed to shipped.

But I got a reply to my message listing two items; the drone and this https://www.gearbest.com/PB0110201-_gear/ , even though I never ordered it. They are waiting for a reply from me on my decision. I don't know what decision they want since they never asked a question. I assume they want to know do I want the adapter or not. Anyone else get the adapter as part of the deal, or is it holding up the order?

, even though I never ordered it. They are waiting for a reply from me on my decision. I don't know what decision they want since they never asked a question. I assume they want to know do I want the adapter or not. Anyone else get the adapter as part of the deal, or is it holding up the order?

Maybe the adapter was out of stock when they sent the message? Their support team are useless. Once it's shipped though, it means it's left them, so it's the waiting on delivery game now..

Maybe it was. Either way, as you say, it's shipped, so I'll just wait now.

Btw, did you get an adapter with your order?

Btw, did you get an adapter with your order?

Yep, I think it comes with a US plug, but it's like a laptop charger so can be used worldwide 100-240V. Hope it arrives soon!

Any updates on deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Was only shipped on 30th so stil few days/weeks to wait!

logistic wrote:

Ah ok! Not long to wait I hope!

logistic wrote: »
    Shipped on the 29th. Tracking says nothing. As you say, a bit to go yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Got mine this week! It has been fantastic so far, really happy with it so much fun well worth the dough! Didn't even intend on buying a drone until I stumbled upon this thread but it's a real bargain for the price, i couldn't say no! Hat tip to Tedpad for posting about this beauty :D

EireCelt wrote: »
    Got mine this week! It has been fantastic so far, really happy with it so much fun well worth the dough! Didn't even intend on buying a drone until I stumbled upon this thread but it's a real bargain for the price, i couldn't say no! Hat tip to Tedpad for posting about this beauty :D

When did you place your order? So I can start counting down the days to my delivery!

EireCelt wrote:
    Got mine this week! It has been fantastic so far, really happy with it so much fun well worth the dough! Didn't even intend on buying a drone until I stumbled upon this thread but it's a real bargain for the price, i couldn't say no! Hat tip to Tedpad for posting about this beauty

Nice one, glad you're enjoying it. Think I'll go for a flight this morning!

Shipped on the 29th. Tracking says nothing. As you say, a bit to go yet

logistic wrote:
    When did you place your order? So I can start counting down the days to my delivery!

Any news guys?

Have a friend's wedding today. Might get a bit of footage :)

Any news guys?

Nothing in the post yet. I have tracking number on the site but I get "Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet!"

Where you able to track your shipment?

logistic wrote:
    Nothing in the post yet. I have tracking number on the site but I get "Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet!"

logistic wrote:

Yeah I was able to track after about a week. The default tracking system is usually slow. You could PM your tracking number to me and I could have a look if you like.

Any news guys?

How did the wedding footage go? Was it not abit breezy!

logistic wrote:
    How did the wedding footage go? Was it not abit breezy!

Ended up raining, my wife wasn't too keen on the idea, so it stayed in the car!

logistic wrote: »

Exactly the same thing. Contacted them yesterday, and was told to confirm my details. I did, for the 2nd time, and got a reply from them today.
    Unfortunately, it seems you have provided us with the wrong zip code during the checkout.
    Therefore,there should be no compensation in such case.Check terms and conditions from http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

As a proof of good will, we can exceptionally offer 100 GB points in your Gearbest account.
    Please kindly note this is the best we can do.You can use points as a discount for your future order.
    To know more about points please click here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html?157wrew

Please confirm whether I can update your account with points as soon as possible.

The zip code I used was REP123. That was what I used when Eircode didn't exist. And I always got stuff, so that sounds like a copout.

I'm not taking the points. I'll give it a few more days, and if I don't hear anything I'll get onto the credit card.

• Advertisement

The zip code I used was REP123. That was what I used when Eircode didn't exist. And I always got stuff, so that sounds like a copout.

That's disgraceful. I never use an eircode, so it is bull****.
    I'm not taking the points. I'll give it a few more days, and if I don't hear anything I'll get onto the credit card.

No, you can't do anything with points.
    Did you get a tracking number?

Let us know how you get on during the week..

Advertisement