Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TP-Link 200Mbps Passthrough Homeplugs €30.31 exl postage.

• 19-01-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Went looking for these today, the price has been knocked down to £24.98(€30.31) 58% off. Which is €33.31 with parcel motel, or stick something on the order and get free postage to Ireland for spending over £25. Free delivery to Ireland since order is over £25.

Seems good value to me, lowest they've gone for is £24.78 according to a few of the price check websites.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

You shouldn't need to add anything to get free shipping, Irish VAT will bring it over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

You're right yeah, fair play. Here's me trying to figure out what to add in on top of the order to bump it up to free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

couple of points ; the units supplied are with UK style plugs and sockets (the picture on Amazon is the European model). These should be plugged directly into the wall socket and any extension/multiway connector plugged into the pass-through socket.

Was in the comments section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

DaraDali wrote: »
    couple of points ; the units supplied are with UK style plugs and sockets (the picture on Amazon is the European model). These should be plugged directly into the wall socket and any extension/multiway connector plugged into the pass-through socket.

Was in the comments section

hi when u say plug directly in wall socket,
    will the signal be reduced if there connected to an extension cord

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cygnet

GY A1 wrote: »

Yes it may be - the plug through is to prevent interference from whatever is connected via plugthrough even multiple items on an extension lead

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

GY A1 wrote: »

I may be wrong but I don't think these work when connected to extension leads, only the wall socket themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I may be wrong but I don't think these work when connected to extension leads, only the wall socket themselves.

I use power plugs on surge protected extension leads at both ends. Working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have netgear ones and they won't work at all unless they are plugged directly into the wall socket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

kc66 wrote: »
    I have netgear ones and they won't work at all unless they are plugged directly into the wall socket.
    TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I use power plugs on surge protected extension leads at both ends. Working fine.

Interesting, perhaps it depends on the Model of the PowerLine used?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jess11

I have Net gear ones. One is plugged directly into socket upstairs and the other is plugged into surge protected extension lead downstairs. Working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

You can get these in Pc world cheaper than the TP link ones I have them work great. Only €24.99

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ON-NETWORKS-PL200199UKS-200-Mbps-Powerline-Adapter-Kit/312346/7.16

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zoom_cool wrote: »
    You can get these in Pc world cheaper than the TP link ones I have them work great. Only €24.99

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ON-NETWORKS-PL200199UKS-200-Mbps-Powerline-Adapter-Kit/312346/7.16

The best things about the one's the op posted is that you can still use the socket they are plugged into.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have a pair of these already and just bought another 2 thanks to the Op. The great thing about these is if you are looking to extend a network, simply get a router and 1 of these, 1 plug and a network cable and you'd a nice network extender setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

zoom_cool wrote: »

I have these, and they work through extension leads.
    (One plugged into router & extension lead, the other plugged into a wall socket on a different floor)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

From my experience, yes you are wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

Jess11 wrote: »
    I have Net gear ones. One is plugged directly into socket upstairs and the other is plugged into surge protected extension lead downstairs. Working fine.

They work with extension leads but as a result there is a drop in speed. Not as large as some would think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I know this is technically a request but I'm looking for a WiFi extender/booster that will plug in and stay on 24/7, not interested in pass-through or it having a ethernet socket....with UPC.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

slave1 wrote: »
    I know this is technically a request but I'm looking for a WiFi extender/booster that will plug in and stay on 24/7, not interested in pass-through or it having a ethernet socket....with UPC.

At the bottom of the Ops linked Amazon page, there are a list of other devices in that range. One of them, TL-WPA281 is both a wired and wireless extender.
    Won't show on the mobile site, so you'll have to view the full site.
    Hope that helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks mate, not sure when reading that whether I require another TP device plugged into the network to get working, I'm looking for a solo lad that will not require piggybacking on network over AC power outlets (if you follow me...)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

slave1 wrote: »

Like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AHXXJVW/?tag=ho01f-21

• Advertisement
Advertisement