Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steam Christmas Sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Jumpy wrote: »
    I found it ****.

Timed clicks is not my idea of a fun RPG.

Have to say , I felt the same. But it also didn't help that I was having major graphics issues on my 4850 gpu too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

hats off to daedal and his awesome (and informative) pic :D had to put money into my account today incase there are more awesome deals :D 30 mins left *twitches*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Man there are too many good games in this sale at tempting prices. I bought Just Cause 2, Tomb raider. Dunno when i'll get to play them though but they were too good of a bargain!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Today's deals are up, I recommend these

Burnout paradise ultimate box €3.75 http://store.steampowered.com/app/24740/

Puzzle Quest €1.80 http://store.steampowered.com/app/12500/

The Witcher €4 http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light €5.10 http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130/

Crap I bought Lara croft the other day for 7.49 :(

Also i missed out on the witcher and burnout as they are gone back up to usualy price again. Any one have a copy of it they want to gift to me. I can send you €10 through paypal for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Great sale, some really good deals. I had to pick up the Bethesda pack and Super Meat Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Is Just Cause worth buying anyone? €6.25 at the moment

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is Just Cause worth buying anyone? €6.25 at the moment

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Just bought Bioshock plus aliens versus predator for a total of €10. Can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Bully's still 2.50
    cache i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

New update:

Wings of Prey: €5
    Deathspank: €6.49
    All Silent Hunter games 66% off
    Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition: €10
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition: €19.99
    Dead Rising 2: €19.99
    Blur: €14.99
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: €3
    Darksiders: €7.50
    Risen: €14.99
    All Mass Effect games 50% off
    Alpha Protocol: €7.50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Mass Effect 1 = Brilliant
    Mass Effect 2 = ME for dummies. Still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

daedal wrote: »
    G9Aph.jpg

Hmmmm......this didnt really improve things much for me. Then again Eircom.....nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 12,299 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the best thing i did was get as far away from eircon as i could
    next generation broadband 7mb which you will never see, i spit in your general direction!
    UPC ftw!

Anyone looking at borderlands still, shopto have it for 6 euro.
    http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCBO02-Borderlands.html

I got me1+2dde+sniper elite.
    Now contemplating bioshock...
    I'll have square eyes from all this game-playing come January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

pwd wrote: »
    Mass Effect 1 = Good but with much archaic RPG busywork
    Mass Effect 2 = Streamlined, but alienating to those what thrived on the tedious aspects of the original

Fixed. :p

Why you cheeky monkey.

It was the apparent impossibility of being killed in the sequel, short of virtual suicide. Once you master the "duck and autoheal" tactic you've pretty much finished the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Todays offers up, anyone have anything to say about Battlefield 2 collection before I buy?

I kinda get the impression it's all about the multiplayer, which I'm not really looking for. Don't want to drop my money on it (even if it is just a fiver) if the singleplayer is awful.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Todays offers up, anyone have anything to say about Battlefield 2 collection before I buy?

I kinda get the impression it's all about the multiplayer, which I'm not really looking for. Don't want to drop my money on it (even if it is just a fiver) if the singleplayer is awful.

I hated bf2.
    Of course I know a lot of people who love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

It's pretty much multiplayer only, single player is just small multiplayer maps with bots.

It basically only a mulitplayer. If you want single player again get battlefield: bad company 2, it the neext inline after BF2. That has a pretty decent single player compaign and the multiplayer is awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Yeah, decided against getting it.

Just noticed though that The Civilization IV Complete Edition (Civ IV, the two expansions and Civ IV: Colonization) is going for €6.24.
    So I got that, CivCity: Rome and Shattered Union to use up the €8 I had left on a 3v voucher.

No idea what the last 2 are like but they're €1 and €0.50 respectively, so not exactly breaking the bank, and Civ IV is awesome (though I never got into Colonization).

Crysis complete is 5 euro today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bump!

GTAIV + 2 expansions is under 9 euro
    NFS Hot Pursuit is 30 euro

some other nice stuff there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

GTA IV complete is well good for that price.

I owned GTA IV but for that price with the DLC i could not say no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Too bad it runs like crap on pc

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Bought Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and Oblivion: GOTY Edition for 40euro yesterday...some nice deals there, and I see that Star Wars: KOTOR is only like 5 euro or something too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I bought AVP. Its good mindless multiplayer fun. But damn is it **** in single player. The old one rocked.

Bought Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and Oblivion: GOTY Edition for 40euro yesterday...some nice deals there, and I see that Star Wars: KOTOR is only like 5 euro or something too!
    Dragon Age: Origins and Oblivion are superb games.

You will not be here again until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Just got the Hitman collection and red Faction. Steam sales are very addictive. They have some great bargains out there. Although my poor credit card may beg to differ!

I just need a new laptop so I can play more than 5 minutes without a crash :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement