Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts warehouse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭uli84

flanzer wrote: »
    It was there earlier looking for some bed linen and towels

What a crock of sh!t. If you were any way consumer savvy, the prices for equivalent are the same, and cheaper elsewhere. Had a look at the electricals (TV and washing machines), and prices are cheaper in DID, Power City and the likes. Sofas on display were dreadful and over priced compared to Frank McGowens, DFS, Diamond Living etc. Don't be fooled by the big 70% OFF signs everywhere

Needless to say, I dropped my empty basket back at the door and left empty handed

Couldn’t agree more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

flanzer wrote: »
    It was there earlier looking for some bed linen and towels

What a crock of sh!t. If you were any way consumer savvy, the prices for equivalent are the same, and cheaper elsewhere. Had a look at the electricals (TV and washing machines), and prices are cheaper in DID, Power City and the likes. Sofas on display were dreadful and over priced compared to Frank McGowens, DFS, Diamond Living etc. Don't be fooled by the big 70% OFF signs everywhere

Needless to say, I dropped my empty basket back at the door and left empty handed

449368.jpg

Yea this thing seems to be overhyped tripe every time they run it. Arnotts are dearer for furniture, electrical and household stuff. Their discounts just brings them into line with others.
    I find Harry Corry decent value all the year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Warehouse sale is back Thursday to Sunday in the National Show Centre, Swords.

https://www.arnotts.ie/shop-by-department/whats-on/warehouse-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭jacool

Just in case you go rushing off - looked at one item
    EXCLUSIVE WAREHOUSE OFFER UHD Smart LED TV LG 55SJ800 55" UHD Smart LED TV
    DETAILShttps://www.arnotts.ie/shop-by-department/electrical/television/tvs/lg/55quot%3B-uhd-smart-led-tv/BE55SJ800.html
    €799.95
    Was €1,699.95

Checked Pricespy to find the TV in both Powercity and Telfords(Euronics) for, wait for it, €799!
    It is only reduced from €1349 in Telfords, though, si its a bigger save in Arnotts !!

If these were "genuine Warehouse Sale" you'd imagine it would be a very infrequent thing rather than yearly or more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Electronics in Arnotts Are always a complete rip off , these are only ever worth it for nice towels and duvets !

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GreenPen

Does anyone know what the Dyson handhelds are reduced to at the Warehouse Sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Moving2017 wrote: »
    Warehouse sale is back Thursday to Sunday in the National Show Centre, Swords.

https://www.arnotts.ie/shop-by-department/whats-on/warehouse-sale/

I think a lot of folks end up buying just to justify the fact they've made an effort to get out there.

I'd be fairly confident the vast majority of stock they're looking to offload can be had a better prices elsewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

GreenPen wrote: »

Always buy Dyson direct from Dyson. They give you fantastic guarantees. We recently got two older Dysons made 'as new' for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

spurious wrote: »
    Always buy Dyson direct from Dyson. They give you fantastic guarantees. We recently got two older Dysons made 'as new' for free.

How did you get them made as new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dyson-V7-Motorhead-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished-1-Year-Guarantee-/123062134873
    Using parcel motel or address pal I got a brand new Dyson (factory refurbished) for much cheaper. Apparently they are unopened returns but Dyson calls then refurbs to not piss off retailers. My V7 had all the stickers on it. Completely unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

GreenPen wrote: »

The v10 is 450eur. In other words its the exact same price as everywhere else. As was the V8. All marked as 'on sale'.

The "sale" is a complete con! Apart from some furniture the value was rubbish. Youll find it cheaper online and at the same prices as DID or other similar stores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »
    brightkane wrote: »
    How did you get them made as new?

https://www.dyson.ie/support/journey/repairs-and-servicing-information.html

We called for an engineer, we had a machine that was just within its 5 year guarantee. Discovered the problem was a screw had fallen out. He fixed that, tightened up all the seals, checked everything on it and threw an eye over a much older machine we had too. No charge. He may not have been supposed to look at the older one for us, but he did.

The site says there is a 90 euro charge for machines out of warranty, though even that would be good value. It is free for within warranty machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Gone from Arnotts to Dyson thread in one sweeping movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Rmgblue

The V8 is the only product they have on sale. The V10 they clearly tell you is the same price however you get an extra nozel.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    The v10 is 450eur. In other words its the exact same price as everywhere else. As was the V8. All marked as 'on sale'.

The "sale" is a complete con! Apart from some furniture the value was rubbish. Youll find it cheaper online and at the same prices as DID or other similar stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone spot any nice armchairs in the Warehouse sale. Looking for a lovely piece from their furniture dept for a fraction of the price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

On again this week, from 10am on Thursday.

On again this week, from 10am on Thursday.

From anything I’ve read online it sounds like the biggest conjob and load of hassle imaginable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

road_high wrote: »
    From anything I’ve read online it sounds like the biggest conjob and load of hassle imaginable

Like Black Friday on Amazon. Couple of good deals, lots of stuff available for same price in store, some stuff with barely any reduction. But if you hype it up enough, people go mad.

road_high wrote: »

The missus sent me a link for some pots and pans this morning.
    was 350e now only 150e.

Less than 90e delivered on amazon :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This is on again Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th Sept at The National Show Centre - Stockhole Lane - Cloghran - Swords. Might take a spin over as I need bedding, from previous comments other products dont seem to be discounted that much, certainly not the 50% advertised.

This is on again this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Cannot think of anything more torturous to do during a pandemic

Large crowds all going mad for a “bargain”? No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mattser

Cannot think of anything more torturous to do during a pandemic

Large crowds all going mad for a “bargain”? No thanks

+1. I'd love to see drone footage of the queue.

Appears from the email it’s actually in their Henry st store not in Swords. There’s nothing you couldn’t get any other time in a normal sale

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its online as well, and from a quick skim through the website, it looks pretty sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 43,756 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ No sh*t.. €600 for a single dining chair? Gerrouta that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The missus sent me a link for some pots and pans this morning.
    was 350e now only 150e.

Less than 90e delivered on amazon :eek:

Incorrect. :D
    It says "rrp" €350

Sort of like the false sales of dfs and the likes of Currys, they use an inflated "rrp" or in the case of dfs an "after event price" which really is laughable

I saw some items that have a rrp stated of €22 and I know that the standard price was €17.95 and regular promotional price in other stores €12.95. It's old stock and warehouse sale price is €12.

So I don't think any of the "rrp" prices should be believed

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭drogon.

Basq wrote: »

The boom is back, haven't you heard ? Maybe check the spam folder ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Jeju

Basq wrote: »

No good as a wedding present so.🀨

Advertisement