Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

immersion wiring

• 16-10-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

any idea what the correct wiring is for this sink/bath switch? i'm a complete noob on this type of stuff...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

phanton wrote: »
    any idea what the correct wiring is for this sink/bath switch? i'm a complete noob on this type of stuff...

Looks like you just need to link the Live out(marked L) to the input of the bath/sink switch(opposite end of switch to where the black and brown wires are now) with a piece of wire. The rest looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 phanton

you mean as attached ? Pretty sure thats after tripping my fuse box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

With respect, but it has been said many times before on several similar threads..
    If you need to be asking these type of questions you are probably better off getting an electrician to sort it out for you.
    The immersion heater pulls the heaviest current in most homes and if not wired correctly, connected or tightened up correctly can lead to over heating and fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you link the live straight to bath then it will always be on....

I can't see great in photo but I think the link goes to the terminal at the bottom that is free as that will give the switched supply to sink or bath...

The instructions should show this.

Advertisement