Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Alf Tupper

have you considered conselling?

Don't know what "conselling" is but maybe you should consider some counselling!

btw, as for abusing lads, you were the guy on here yesterday who dismissed a whole collection of lads who had worn the county jersey with distinction as whingers and moaners!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Footballers 5 v 2 points down after 9 minutes. Bad start, especially at home.

same old story, winning the mcgrath cup was just a freak result 0-7-0-2 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    Don't know what "conselling" is but maybe you should consider some counselling!

btw, as for abusing lads, you were the guy on here yesterday who dismissed a whole collection of lads who had worn the county jersey with distinction as whingers and moaners!

Cheers for the tip, now next stop for you is the golden pages to find one, at least try and get some sleep -
    and I never came on here and abused anyone.

Speaking of the Jersey - this lesson in how the All-Blacks approach it is somehting you should read and try to understand - this is the exact point I was making about the county Jersey.

The black jersey is a very powerful thing. Everyone is so proud of representing New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks but we see it as borrowing the black jersey and just keeping it warm ready for the next player.

If someone doesnt want a jersey - to retire, to go to the states, to do whatever - there will always be someone there to take his place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

PTH2009 wrote: »
    same old story, winning the mcgrath cup was just a freak result 0-7-0-2 now

A point down now at half time!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ht Offaly 0-9_Waterford 1-5

• Advertisement

1-20 1-7 now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Alf Tupper and TyrionPower, stop the childishness!
    Literally not a single person wants to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

That's shocking stuff, especially considering that Offaly are pure sh1thouse. It's completely pointless sending out a half interested county football team if this is the end result. It's just a waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere. Until there's enough people that are willing to take it seriously then we should be doing a Cavan on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Is Peter Queally managing Passage still? Thought somebody told me he was in charge of Shamrocks this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

redlead wrote: »
    That's shocking stuff, especially considering that Offaly are pure sh1thouse. It's completely pointless sending out a half interested county football team if this is the end result. It's just a waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere. Until there's enough people that are willing to take it seriously then we should be doing a Cavan on it.

To be fair if anyone can help lift football in the county its current chairman PJ Ryan. As far as I'm aware hes trying to organise a think-in with a root and branch review of football in the county in the coming months. Hes got in contact with some of the best football men in the county to try and get them on board aswell as seeking outside help aswell. Who knows if anything good will come out of it but at least its a genuine attempt to move things in the right direction, as opposed to the usual lip service paid by his predecessors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Is Peter Queally managing Passage still? Thought somebody told me he was in charge of Shamrocks this year

He's training both.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

archieknox wrote: »
    He's training both.

How does he work in both timewise? I wudnt be happy knowing my manager is not giving everything he has for my club, hes obviously doin a great job in passage, its working out for him, conflict of interests surely even if they are in seperate divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭thegambler2

Top drawer wrote: »
    How does he work in both timewise? I wudnt be happy knowing my manager is not giving everything he has for my club, hes obviously doin a great job in passage, its working out for him, conflict of interests surely even if they are in seperate divisions

Shamrocks must be paying well, he has picked to manage two teams from completely opposite ends of the county!

Has Billy Nolan broken his shoulder..??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

Shamrocks must be paying well, he has picked to manage two teams from completely opposite ends of the county![/QUOTE} He's based in Youghal so close to the Shamrocks

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

The Cats and Tipp are looking very good again this year. Munster final looks like will be on at the Gaelic grounds. I hope our lads are not as naive by following the tipp forwards out the field and leaving lots of space. Looking forward to it already.

First things first I'm delighted with the victory for Dungarvan whom showed great fighting spirit to come back from 6pts down late on to win by 3 but the scenes in the first half were scandalous. Frightening,dangerous and if it happened at any protest marches or after nightclubs throughout the county there would be custodial sentences handed out. It was a disgrace from both teams and has no place on a GAA field. What I would say is if the referee had stamped his authority on proceedings a few minutes earlier things might not have got out of control but how only 2 players saw red from the fracas is beyond me. In truth the game could/should have been abandoned.

First things first I'm delighted with the victory for Dungarvan whom showed great fighting spirit to come back from 6pts down late on to win by 3 but the scenes in the first half were scandalous. Frightening,dangerous and if it happened at any protest marches or after nightclubs throughout the county there would be custodial sentences handed out. It was a disgrace from both teams and has no place on a GAA field. What I would say is if the referee had stamped his authority on proceedings a few minutes earlier things might not have got out of control but how only 2 players saw red from the fracas is beyond me. In truth the game could/should have been abandoned.

Who was the referee? And also what were the highlights of the scuffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭skaface

Tipperary it is in the Munster Final
    Presumably it will be on in Limerick
    Set up nicely for us.. We will be complete Underdogs , no pressure on us..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip played very well today, Eamonn O'Shea pre match comment - there's a party atmosphere here in Limerick today, so we'll see! Their focus is on winning Munster, no doubt about it! It really sets up a cracker of a final. At this stage I reckon its toss of a coin between ye. Hopefully there will be 2 fully fit teams and a cracker of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

Who was the referee? And also what were the highlights of the scuffle?

Dessie o ****ing leary, man came out of retirement to ruin more games

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SkipFC

Top four in each group go to quarter finals in senior, is it? Or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

SkipFC wrote: »
    Top four in each group go to quarter finals in senior, is it? Or how does it work?

Top 4 go through to quarters, first in group 1 plays fourth in group 2 and so on.
    Bottom in both groups play in relegation playoff then.
    5th place teams season ends after the group stages.

A deff sell out if the final is in limerick. The last time the final was in thurles was 2010 (drawn game and replay ) so it must be there turn but with tipp in the final it has to be nuetral.

SkipFC wrote: »

Top 4 in each group go to the quarter finals and the bottom two from each group play in the relegation final.
    Bad news and bad luck on Billy Nolan with his shoulder injury. Not nice to see a young man being stretchered off to a waiting ambulance. Hope he recovers fully from it. Hard luck on the u21 team aswell as I believe Seanie Barry has left for America with his brother after their defeat Fri to Passage. I presume it will be Sean Daly from Abbeyside will get the call now if Nolan is ruled out.
    The difference in both games was very evident today as the Roanmore/Cappoquin game was a poor fair. Both honest in their endeavour but both lacking real quality aswell. Roanmore won't be too bothered as they are now surely qualified for the knockout stages. Gavin O Brien must have covered every blade of grass during the 60 mins he was immense. Aron O Sullivan for Cappoquin is turning into a fine player and if he had any help from the rest of his forwards they might have been alot closer at the end. Shane O Rourke started well but fizzled out of it completely as the game went on.
    Dungarvan will be thrilled with the win,especially as we dug out an unlikely victory with 10 mins to go. We're still in trouble in a few positions but when we needed them most both cathal Curran and Kieran Power thundered into the game and yet again Paddy Curran was very good throughout. Colm Curran will miss the next game having received a straight red alot with Austin Gleeson but I still think we'll have enough to see off Cappoquin and Roanmore.

Top 4 in each group go to the quarter finals and the bottom two from each group play in the relegation final.
    Bad news and bad luck on Billy Nolan with his shoulder injury. Not nice to see a young man being stretchered off to a waiting ambulance. Hope he recovers fully from it. Hard luck on the u21 team aswell as I believe Seanie Barry has left for America with his brother after their defeat Fri to Passage. I presume it will be Sean Daly from Abbeyside will get the call now if Nolan is ruled out.
    The difference in both games was very evident today as the Roanmore/Cappoquin game was a poor fair. Both honest in their endeavour but both lacking real quality aswell. Roanmore won't be too bothered as they are now surely qualified for the knockout stages. Gavin O Brien must have covered every blade of grass during the 60 mins he was immense. Aron O Sullivan for Cappoquin is turning into a fine player and if he had any help from the rest of his forwards they might have been alot closer at the end. Shane O Rourke started well but fizzled out of it completely as the game went on.
    Dungarvan will be thrilled with the win,especially as we dug out an unlikely victory with 10 mins to go. We're still in trouble in a few positions but when we needed them most both cathal Curran and Kieran Power thundered into the game and yet again Paddy Curran was very good throughout. Colm Curran will miss the next game having received a straight red alot with Austin Gleeson but I still think we'll have enough to see off Cappoquin and Roanmore.

Sean Daly injured at the moment too, back and knee problems I think! No goalkeeper 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

When is the last time Waterford won in the championship in Limerick?

Deskjockey wrote: »
    When is the last time Waterford won in the championship in Limerick?

Never in recent times the last time we played there was the famous day in 2008 when Clare beat us . We don't even have a great league record in Limerick we drew there last Feb

PaddyPower make the Munster Final Tipp 1/2, Waterford 15/8. Its Tipp 11/10 with a 3 point handicap.

So Tipp resounding favourites then. Not unexpected at all, and I'd fancy the handicap line might move a fair bit before the game in 3 weeks, maybe out as far as 6 points.

All this of course suits our lads. Minimum expectation and we'll just take it into our stride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd be absolutely amazed if Tipp didn't win well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement