Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up early to put on the ribs. Good luck to the lads today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭seananigans

Greetings from. Thurles just to let you know weather is clearing and sun is shining after what was a miserable night ground might be a bit soft from the over night rain but never too much of a prob in Semple .temperature mild enough but not cold if rain stays off should make fr a good game but wouldn't expect to many run on balls

But sure of it ends up a washout what harm last that happened against cork we brought home a Munster title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

KevIRL wrote: »
    Up early to put on the ribs. Good luck to the lads today

What your thoughts on the game how it will go who will win today please Kevin
    I'd like to know as twice you quite rightly reminded me I was wrong in cork waterford football and tipp waterford straight after the games but you never imo really call the games yourself so it be nice to hear your views and
    You're pre match thoughts please
    Enjoy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/waterford-crystalise-youthful-promise-in-renewed-senior-challenge-1.2192232

Thought this was a good article by Sean Moran. Nothing new learned as such but at least he dug a bit under the surface to explain why Waterford are making strides. And nice to see the recognition of the performances at Senior and how those predicting doom (himself included I might add) for Waterford have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

anyone know where i can watch the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

tg4 player

Semple stadium throw in at 3.30

What your thoughts on the game how it will go who will win today please Kevin
    I'd like to know as twice you quite rightly reminded me I was wrong in cork waterford football and tipp waterford straight after the games but you never imo really call the games yourself so it be nice to hear your views and
    You're pre match thoughts please
    Enjoy the game.

Can you you please stop putting IMO into your posts

IMO its very annoying if IMO this happens as Imo it breaks the structure of the sentence and IMO adds nothing .IMO if you didn't include it the message would be the same and IMO you would save us all a lot of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to all involved today. Would be fantastic to pick up another national league title. Really can't call the game, we'll need a big effort from 18-20 players and a bit of luck as well. Go on the lads!

UP THE DÉISE

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Maurice Shanahan 18/1 for man of the match, worth a few bob.

cant wait now, up the Deise!

• Advertisement

Galway beat cork 18 21 hopefully a good omen send them home with nathin

Is the match on tg4 ? Using Irish Ip but all that I can see live is basketball!

So far so good anyway, working like dogs and restricting Cork to very little. If you offered me Cork only scoring 7 pts in the first half I'd have taken the hand off you. Keep it going lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Some bad wides from both sides. Harnedy has some hand on him. Some tackling from Waterford defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Waterford going well but should probably be another point or two in front. Austin Gleeson just out of this world, what a hurler he is. Noel Connors, Kevin Moran and Brick superb too. Dunford very busy but has to use the ball better.

But, it's not easy to watch that syle of play, Maurice seems to be the only forward inside the Cork 45 a lot of the time. So defensive, and it's leading to a lad of "hurling tennis" as both teams have extra men at the back due to Waterford playing with 4 of their forwards on their goal side of midfield.

It's working well so far but I'm not enjoying it. I still fancy Cork's better forwards to ultimately carry the day.

Some bad wides from both sides. Harnedy has some hand on him. Some tackling from Waterford defenders.

Waterford to do what I said all week and win as cork immensity hunger was officially and as said cork were mot going go full tilt and clare as day cork aren't going all out and I can't see cork changing attuode second half
    Pretty much as I expected all week and I wouldn't be shocked cork fell away second half as no hunger for this

All eyes on June

Hon Tom Devine boy!

Congratulations lads on yere win
    We'll deserves on the day the hungry and on the day itself was the better teams won
    As I said all week ye would win and while I thought it'd be closer I knew and posted at half time cork could fall away ay and I said it don't be shocked cork fall away

June can't come fast enough
    The slow delay cork subs they ones did come on imo showed cork lacked intent today
    Waterford are very good at their system to be fair but the hand has been well and truly showed now and cork fully now know what to expect

In disappointed cork weren't closer and more competitive but the second half they had no hunger for the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I wonder if Harnedy has done his hamstring there - it would be a big blow for Cork for the championship game, he is the one Cork forward that really has caused us problems today

Congratulations lads on yere win
    We'll deserves on the day the hungry and on the day itself was the better teams won
    As I said all week ye would win and while I thought it'd be closer I knew and posted at half time cork could fall away ay and I said it don't be shocked cork fall away

June can't come fast enough
    The slow delay cork subs they ones did come on imo showed cork lacked intent today
    Waterford are very good at their system to be fair but the hand has been well and truly showed now and cork fully now know what to expect

In disappointed cork weren't closer and more competitive but the second half they had no hunger for the battle

Ah ya TTM, we've showed our hand now and havn't a hope in the championship

• Advertisement

Well done lads, absolutely delighted with that. 5 weeks time will be different but let's enjoy this, not often we destroy any Cork team. Fair play to all the team and management, league champs 2015:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Good win but not easy to watch at times.

Fair play lads, delighted for Maurice.

Barron, Moran, Brick de burke immense.

Congrats to all the management team and all players, great start to the hurling year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Ha ha go way out of it, Cork knew full well what to expect before this game. Waterford "showed their hand" all through the league.

Good win but not easy to watch at times.

Trouble with your TV ?

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Ah ya TTM, we've showed our hand now and havn't a hope in the championship

Looking I said this all week and half time
    And it went exactly as I thought
    Never said ye don't have a hope in fact this is great for ye and mcgrath deserves credit yes but there is a big difference to beat cork who clear as day were lethargic with no hunger and I said this would happen as I know exactly what cork training was like the last two week

Yes talk was cork wanted it but look June will see a different cork
    If ye can improve more fair enough but have no doubt cork have a score to settle in June and that's one they wanted
    Ye won the battle but it's the war cork want

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Congrats lads, completely deserved, there was only one team at the races today.

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Maurice Shanahan 18/1 for man of the match, worth a few bob.

cant wait now, up the Deise!

Great bet - he had a great 2nd half and if those two shots from the right hand touchline had gone over instead of wide he might have got it. I'd imagine Jamie Barron will be first in line with Brick not too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Great bet - he had a great 2nd half and if those two shots from the right hand touchline had gone over instead of wide he might have got it. I'd imagine Jamie Barron will be first in line with Brick not too far behind.

Think Kevin Moran won it.

Would have given it to Barron myself. Is he still U-21? Might be worth a few euro for YPOTY, although clearly he's not as much of a media favourite as the likes of Austin Gleeson. But his work rate is unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

I think its probably the worst thing possible for Waterford winning the league when it comes to Championship hopes as the inevitable complacency creeps in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement