Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toll in UK reg car

• 01-04-2012 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Hi folks,

I passed thru the M50 toll last Friday the 23rd in a UK reg car on my way to airport. When I got home last nite, one week later, there was no letter waiting for me or my wife.

The car was registered VRTed etc, just haven't got around to getting the new Irish plates.

Any idea what the story is.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you can just put the irish number into the site and pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I passed thru the M50 toll last Friday the 23rd in a UK reg car on my way to airport. When I got home last nite, one week later, there was no letter waiting for me or my wife.

The car was registered VRTed etc, just haven't got around to getting the new Irish plates.

Any idea what the story is.

Thanks

Just wait until you get the fine. If you were caught then you will get the fine eventually , it sometimes takes longer than a week for it to come out.

corktina wrote: »
    you can just put the irish number into the site and pay.
    Do you not need the number that comes printed on the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no..you just pay for a toll I think. If they cant assign it to a particular crossing then you'll be in credit. If they can (and I doubt it) and you go to court, you can say you paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Ring them up and offer to pay it.

You could have paid as everybody else does in a shop and didn't so if it does catch up with you, you won't have much sympathy.

You have a bigger problem on your hands if you don't get the correct plates on your car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭eFlow: John

Hi LFC Murphy,

If you would like to PM me, I can look into it for you?

For data protection reasons, please include your vehicle reg (new and old if you can), full name, full address and confirm you are the vehicle owner.

In case I'm not on duty, please send the PM to my colleagues Una and Ciaran also.

Standing by,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

A friend from the north has a northern reg car, has a flat and works in Dublin.he'd been driving back and forth and not paying toll.finally got a bill on the mat... But just for his last crossing... Reckoned he'd better start paying....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement