Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Champions day - Ascot.

• 18-10-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭

No interest in tomorrow men? Nice card.

Stradivarius at 8/15 could look very generous come 2.15 tomorrow. Magical has been on the go a while but I fancy her to do the business tomorrow as well.

Probably won't have a bet just watch and enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I'll be giving Benbatl a rattle in the QE II. With the ground ye might as well throw the form book out of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Will the bookies ever learn???

They keep giving us punters a good price on Stradivarius everytime.

Ive had a big bet on again, free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Phoenix of Spain looks massive at 20/1 in the QEII, given hes an Irish Guineas winner. Ill take that each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

That's a very poor looking QEII. I thought Magna Grecia looked a very good horse when winning the Guineas but with his flop and break you can't help but feel it's a bit of a salvage mission already.

My best bet comes away from Ascot at Catterick. 250 Gin in the Inn is down to 73 into a class five. 10s looks big should go on the ground too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Pretty much fancy all the favs tomorrow

1.35 one master- will love the ground and will prob outstay the rest, if ground was decent I actually would of been confident of advertise winning.

2.10 stradivarious- no reasoning needed.

2.45 star catcher - has beaten most of the field already but hasn't got much in hand. Could be an upset.

3.20 the revenant - on a roll and has no question marks to answer unlike his rivals.

4.00 magical- should be odds on, form is much better that its rivals.

4.40 amedeo modiglioni - I'm going with the market confidence abit but the horse is fairly unexposed and was an eye catcher last time.
    Poor enough field of exposed types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Stradivarius and Magical double for me. 2 class horses in either race, seems to easy to be true.

Also like Beltor at Ffos Las, seems to act well on soft ground and was hitting form again last season.

Wicklow brave in the American national 9:20 Far Hills

• Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Any fancies for the Caulfield Cup? I had like Constantinople on previous form, but the change of ownership is a negative for me. Think that Wolfe has the breeding, the improving ground and progressive form to be worth a punt at 16/1.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Wicklow brave in the American national 9:20 Far Hills
    Jury Duty won last year and runs again this year, but the ground has completely changed. I can't see it winning. Wicklow Brave is versatile and can handle most conditions, but at 10 years of age, will it be quick enough over fast ground? Nico seemed confident about Brain Power earlier in the week, but all form suggests to me it will struggle with conditions tomorrow. Think the proven Surprising Soul at 16/1 could be the value here.

Any fancies for the Caulfield Cup? I had like Constantinople on previous form, but the change of ownership is a negative for me. Think that Wolfe has the breeding, the improving ground and progressive form to be worth a punt at 16/1.

I'm surprised constantinople changed ownership, I thought he would improve next year, backed him in this as he is quite classy and oz racing wouldn't be any better than his previous races, it all depends on how he acclimatises really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

In the Balmoral at Ascot ive backed Clon Coulis who is back down to his mark of 99 when he finished 2nd in the Hunt Cup on soft ground and no doubt this has been a big target with Spencer on.

I'm surprised constantinople changed ownership, I thought he would improve next year, backed him in this as he is quite classy and oz racing wouldn't be any better than his previous races, it all depends on how he acclimatises really.
    You woz robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Tony bloom has 3 horses running at big prices may be worth a trixie #justsaying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

So Beloved looks too big in the Balmoral. Ran grand over C&D and soft(heavy today) going in June off 7 pounds higher.
    Bit of cliff horse but worth a pop for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I might sound like a headbanger but I'm giving I can fly another chance. She had arguably a career best at this track and meeting last year behind Roaring lion.
    Looks out of form this season but seems to travel nicely throughout her races still but either doesn't have the guts or turn of foot come the business end.
    Over this trip and this ground I'm hoping they can bury her and slip through the field late on. She's a big price.

4.40 Dark vision
    This boy looked a superstar in his juvenile group win and was talked up enough for the boys in blue to pay silly money.
    It's been a waste of money so far for sure but a rating of 113 dropped as far as 97 (99 now)this season before an encouraging run last time when looking outstayed behind some well handicapped horses one of which reopposess, coolagh forest but this drop in trip I think should suit DV and not suit CF, that along with the weight swing I think has these 2 level enough but DV is double the price.
    I wouldn't put it past johnston to have this in mind for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Strad/Magical/Star Catcher treble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Brando 33s e w looks big enough in the opener.

Pretty much fancy all the favs tomorrow

1.35 one master- will love the ground and will prob outstay the rest, if ground was decent I actually would of been confident of advertise winning.

2.10 stradivarious- no reasoning needed.

2.45 star catcher - has beaten most of the field already but hasn't got much in hand. Could be an upset.

3.20 the revenant - on a roll and has no question marks to answer unlike his rivals.

4.00 magical- should be odds on, form is much better that its rivals.

4.40 amedeo modiglioni - I'm going with the market confidence abit but the horse is fairly unexposed and was an eye catcher last time.
    Poor enough field of exposed types.

I changed my mind on star catcher and went with fleeting, hoping for a strong pace in tough conditions will see her stamina come into play.

Also changed from the ballydoyle horse in the last and went with clon coulous, loves the course and ground conditions.
    Spencer special please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

13:35 Sand Of Mali at 16
    14:10 Withold at 15s
    14:45 Anapurna at 7s
    15:20 The Revenant at 5.3
    16:00 Addeybb at 7s
    16:40 Glen Shiel at 32s

Looking for high prices on horses who have runs on soft.

• Advertisement

Mud lark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The ground will leave some quaaar results at Ascot

Bookies will be up at the end of the day no matter what now you'd suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Lovely stuff

Antonia de Vega for me in next 8/1 ew. Fav will be difficult to beat but hopefully the stable form of Beckett will give Vega a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Margate wrote: »
    Lovely stuff

Will bookies learn!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Nice to see Kew Gardens getting his career back on track and not ending up like Capri. The front two pulled well clear so the ground wasn't the be all and end all of result. His previous form was very good, but it was just too hard to back him against the winning machine.

As usual Donnacha rode an unflashy professional race on the winner. Ryan wasn't missed and must be peed off to miss all these rides for the sake of being outpaced at every stage on Ten Sovereigns in the big money TAB sprint in Australia. That's 2 years in a row that O'Brien has sent his top sprinter down to that race and had them totally stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

you are young but you will learn :)

Oiche le Greali in the finale at Leopardstown 33/1 I saw a little that suggests she might nick a place in a poor enough race

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

tryfix wrote: »
    Nice to see Kew Gardens getting his career back on track and not ending up like Capri. The front two pulled well clear so the ground wasn't the be all and end all of result. His previous form was very good, but it was just too hard to back him against the winning machine.

As usual Donnacha rode an unflashy professional race on the winner. Ryan wasn't missed and must be peed off to miss all these rides for the sake of being outpaced at every stage on Ten Sovereigns in the big money TAB sprint in Australia. That's 2 years in a row that O'Brien has sent his top sprinter down to that race and had them totally stuffed.

If Donnacha was on the top rides over the summer AOB might not have got beat by Gosden in practically every big race over the summer especially the big Ascot meeting.

Advertisement