Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFLW- Women's AFL

• 13-02-2017 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Anyone else watching the women's comp? some pretty exciting games, even if the skills are pretty low, but that is to be expected at this early stage in the competition. The intent and toughness is there though.

I hope it turns out to be a success, more footy is always a good thing :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Mackman wrote: »
    Anyone else watching the women's comp? some pretty exciting games, even if the skills are pretty low, but that is to be expected at this early stage in the competition. The intent and toughness is there though.

I hope it turns out to be a success, more footy is always a good thing :)

Isn't there an Irish girl involved? I saw an article on the 42.ie recently but didn't read it in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2017-01-27/jumper-presentation-laura-duryea

Laura Duryea, from Cavan. Plays for Melbourne. I haven't seen her play yet. I haven't gotten to see Melbourne games, but I'm going to keep an eye out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Staple33

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]
    COME JOIN IN THE FUN THIS SATURDAY @ 12PM!!![/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]Looking to get involved in the Australian Rules movement in Ireland, get in touch! We're currently getting stuck in to preseason, so we'll take you where you need to be. There's lots of fun to be had! Women's AFL is about confidence, contact, fitness and fun, there's something for everyone![/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]ARFLI Women's season is kicking off, why not join them in Dublin this weekend. All you need is active wear (shorts/ leggings), boots if you have them, and a bottle of water.[/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, system-ui, ".SFNSText-Regular", sans-serif]Details : Saturday 28th April - 12pm - War Memorial Gardens (Hurling grounds). [/font]
    Pop us a message if you have any questions. Facebook search for ARFLI WOMENS.

Any men interested can get in touch on Facebook search for ARFLI or AFL Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Anyone know how many Irish players have signed now? Must be 12-13 at this stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

KevinK wrote: »
    Anyone know how many Irish players have signed now? Must be 12-13 at this stage

18 according to this article. Didnt realise there was so many.

https://www.the42.ie/dublin-sinead-goldrick-niamh-mcevoy-aflw-melbourne-fc-4832368-Oct2019/

The 18 Irishwomen currently on AFLW lists for 2020 are:

Sin Goldrick (Melbourne FC)
    Niamh McEvoy (Melbourne FC)
    Cora Staunton (GWS Giants)
    Yvonne Bonner (GWS Giants)
    Sarah Rowe (Collingwood)
    Aishling Sheridan (Collingwood)
    Aisling McCarthy (Western Bulldogs)
    Katy Herron (Western Bulldogs)
    Niamh Kelly (West Coast Eagles)
    Grace Kelly (West Coast Eagles)
    Kate Flood (Fremantle)