Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Petty parking problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Great story, this thread made me laugh so much, brilliant suggestions - its the scenario most of us play out in our heads but never bother to act out - well done!
    However OP you're eventually just gonna get bored with this. I wonder what the long term solution is?

Bored?? How would someone get bored of playing fcuk you with a knob neighbour??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd just leave a car there and never move it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Any update on this OP? Hope you are keeping up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Was just coming on to post :D

So I decided (today) to see if our ever-vigilant neighbour was still on the case, I moved the 'placeholder'.

Less than a minute and they pulled their (currently only) car out into the spot :pac:

So I decided (today) to see if our ever-vigilant neighbour was still on the case, I moved the 'placeholder'.

Less than a minute and they pulled their (currently only) car out into the spot :pac:

Ah that's a disappointment, was hopeful someone could block it indefinitely....

• Advertisement

You really have to laugh- I know ure doing this as a bit of a joke but how must their minds work ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Park on their drive.

You really have to laugh- I know ure doing this as a bit of a joke but how must their minds work ? :D

A cock and a wheel.... I mean a cog and a wheel... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'd put a note through their door with

"https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058010896&page=9" on it in big letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Love if you got the spot again ( doubt you will) and just screw with them, just randomly sit into the car for a minute and get out again will drive them mad

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Love if you got the spot again ( doubt you will) and just screw with them, just randomly sit into the car for a minute and get out again will drive them mad

Go out all set to go bags and all.... Get in. Start up and then get out and walk to work ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hococop wrote: »

Go one further, get in the car, start it up, make it look like you are about to drive off, or move it about 10 feet, and put it back quickly as you see him come out the door :D :pac:

I'm gonna park a bus outside during lunchtime some day :pac:

Nah, I'm over it for now. The smile each evening coming home and seeing the 'placeholder' was starting to wean so I'll put something there again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just turn it around and park it up again :D

I'm gonna park a bus outside during lunchtime some day :pac:

Nah, I'm over it for now. The smile each evening coming home and seeing the 'placeholder' was starting to wean so I'll put something there again in a few weeks.

a skip would be too hard to organise I guess?

Isambard wrote: »
    a skip would be too hard to organise I guess?

To put neighbour car into?

To put neighbour car into?

no no, I wouldn't suggest such a thing. Just to put the neighbours bloody and lifeless corpse in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Park outside their house.

The simplest and best solution so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Cerco wrote: »
    The simplest and best solution so far.
    Or in their driveway. Not like they're using it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Or in their driveway. Not like they're using it anyway.

Or combine two ideas here and anonymously phone up and order a skip to be delivered to their driveway.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is this the car with no tax, insurance, etc?

beertons wrote: »
    Is this the car with no tax, insurance, etc?

Of course

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Of course

Do us all a favour and report his ass.

I had another idea there, but I can't put it up.

I win again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So is the red one him being an extra large **** and blocking the footpath now as a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's some people would follow you in to your grave if they could. Things are only going to get worse with houses and apartments being build with too few spaces for cars that will need parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AloneInTheDark

If not taxed or insured then they can't park it on a public street and if its sticking out like that could go for causing an obstruction. Checked and the NCT is due in 2020. Car can be lifted by the police and if he is driving it around remember these are the people that are pushing up our insurance premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

I would take down photo. Likely to cause you hassle if they or others identify you.
    No point in letting them know it bothers you as they may seize any opportunity to piss you off.
    Your point is well made by occupying the space alone.

• Advertisement

So is the red one him being an extra large **** and blocking the footpath now as a result?

No, that isn't him.
    Cerco wrote: »
    I would take down photo. Likely to cause you hassle if they or others identify you.
    No point in letting them know it bothers you as they may seize any opportunity to piss you off.
    Your point is well made by occupying the space alone.

Nope, they know who I am and they're playing the same game :D

Advertisement