Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New TT bike 2020

Options
  • 16-10-2019 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    Looking for some advice. Want to get my first TT bike for this year and I want to take full advantage of aero gains. Anyway, i need it to be from brick mortar bike shop so I can use B2W scheme to offset some cost. So far I have narrowed it to two options:

Cervelo P series. Entry level option is €3200. I’m happy with 105 gearing. Wheels aren’t very good tho so I would prob still end up buying deep section wheels. However I love the thought of disc brakes.

Giant Trinity 2020. €3400. Has ultegra which I’m not overly concerned about. Wheels would also want to upgrade. Don’t like the color in white!

Giant trinity (Orange). €2600. Would love to go for this version but it looks like it’s sold out as it’s last years model..

Anything else I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Have a read of this and this.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

And have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDztuezn0g

Long but worth a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

So, the theme message I am hearing is Dont Buy a Cervelo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I might be doing this myself in 2020 and it's between the P5 and Speedmax you definitely get more bang for your buck with Canyon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Agreed on the Canyon but with a 1k voucher on B2W it shifts the other way for me.

Anyone own a Giant Trinity that could give their opinion on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Cona wrote: »
    Agreed on the Canyon but with a 1k voucher on B2W it shifts the other way for me.

I believe Canyon are on the list of approved suppliers so its a case of talking your employer into letting you use them https://ogp.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/23_05_2018_Bicycle-Suppliers.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

I think the problem for some people is that their employer will only work with a bike voucher scheme and that rules out Canyon and other online only suppliers.

OP - have you looked at Quintana Roo?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Cona wrote: »

Dunno where you are or your size but Jimmy’s bikes in Portmarnock have a 2019 trinity heavily discounted, it’s a 54 or a 56. Lovely looking bike
    Otherwise go for the one you like best, all of the main brand TTs are fine machines, try get one with a decent wheelset. If you have a bike fitter get advice on fit in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    And have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDztuezn0g

Long but worth a watch

this is some shady character
    only aerospace engineers have a glue...

bb bright was silly idea by the industry.

Advertisement