Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-09-2019, 07:53   #16
harr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The high horse brigade View Post
You do know you'll not be able to use the footage unless you get it installed by a PSA registered installer. It will be for personal use only
As in not use it in a criminal case ? We had cars broken into on our road not long ago and a neighbour caught those involved on a nest camera and I know guards arrested an individual from that footage ...
most houses here have ring or nest cameras a and a few cctv ... those that have cctv the cameras are up to high and all you can see is tops of heads ...
Advertisement
08-09-2019, 07:54   #17
average_runner

We have the ring system and can zone the area you want. Gardai have used the neighbours once .
08-09-2019, 07:55   #18
The high horse brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas anderson. View Post
Put CCTV on my own house pointing out onto a public footpath and road because my car kept getting robbed.

The footage was later used in court without issue. I have even had the guards and neighbours call for footage from their own incidents without problems.
How long ago? Nowadays any decent solicitor can get your video evidence thrown out.
Thanks from:
08-09-2019, 08:17   #19
kceire

Quote:
You do know you'll not be able to use the footage unless you get it installed by a PSA registered installer. It will be for personal use only
Why do Gardaí constantly ask for dash cam footage from any passing motorists in the event of an accident?

Most dash cams are fitted by Joe Soaps with the wires hanging everywhere, not some professional dash cam installer.
Thanks from:
08-09-2019, 08:20   #20
The high horse brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kceire View Post
Why do Gardaí constantly ask for dash cam footage from any passing motorists in the event of an accident?

Most dash cams are fitted by Joe Soaps with the wires hanging everywhere, not some professional dash cam installer.
Because it gives them an idea, confirms notions but it's not something they can build a prosecuting case on.
Advertisement
08-09-2019, 08:24   #21
tnegun

Quote:
DIY'd mine and it's been used also Gardai have called in looking for it in relation to other incidents.
08-09-2019, 08:29   #22
The high horse brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnegun View Post
DIY'd mine and it's been used also Gardai have called in looking for it in relation to other incidents.
Used by Gardai for their own investigations, not admissible in court. They could chance it in court but a good solicitor would get it thrown out on the grounds of not being verified.
Thanks from:
08-09-2019, 08:37   #23
tnegun

How does a PSA install make it admissible or what is it about a DIY install that doesn't? Most frustrating thing is that the Gardai will arrive looking for footage with no way of collecting so I'll print them a few stills
08-09-2019, 08:41   #24
punisher5112

Quote:
False.
Advertisement
08-09-2019, 08:42   #25
The high horse brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnegun View Post
How does a PSA install make it admissible or what is it about a DIY install that doesn't? Most frustrating thing is that the Gardai will arrive looking for footage with no way of collecting so I'll print them a few stills
It's just red tape and compliance created by the PSA
https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/Pages/NS14000072
Thanks from:
08-09-2019, 08:48   #26
LuasSimon

Quote:
Used by Gardai for their own investigations, not admissible in court. They could chance it in court but a good solicitor would get it thrown out on the grounds of not being verified.
That’s what’s wrong with this country ... guilty scumbags destroying everyone’s life’s getting off due to solicitors with no morals getting them off on a technicality ....
(2) thanks from:
08-09-2019, 08:54   #27
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwurple View Post
Oh that’s it of course, it’s all the fault of those women with their working notions.

I was in town yesterday, left the car in a loading bay while I dropped something in to a shop. I came back to my car and saw a woman trying the door handle of each car on the street in turn. She got to my car as I came up the street behind her... she was being fairly rough with the handle and giving the window a shove. I asked if I could help her, and she said “oh, my boyfriend has the keys, just wanted to sit into the car while I wait”. I told her it was my car and she legged it.

The city is rougher than it was ten years ago, from where I stand. Literally every time I go into the city I see either a crime or an attempted crime these days. I don’t know if it’s substance abuse, homelessness, lack of social integration... But visible crime looks like it is up.

You can tell me that is all because this woman’s mother had a job, but I doubt it.
Loading bays are for commercial vehicles. Lucky you didn’t get clamped.
08-09-2019, 09:00   #28
thomas anderson.

Quote:
How long ago? Nowadays any decent solicitor can get your video evidence thrown out.
6 months ago
09-09-2019, 11:22   #29
tnegun

They've used their phones to record it from my laptop screen after I stopped giving them free USB keys in my case
09-09-2019, 11:57   #30
pwurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
Loading bays are for commercial vehicles. Lucky you didn’t get clamped.
Why are you assuming I'm not in a commercial vehicle?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion