Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-04-2019, 14:29   #46
emg123

Hi All,

Thanks for all the helpful info to date.. Waiting on show house date so that we can go and have a look.. Really hoping to buy as they look really nice, drove out there a couple of weeks ago to get a feel for Kilcock and we were both very impressed, seems like a lovely place to bring up kids
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2019, 14:55   #47
mur223

We got our Valuation done last week and the valuation report told us it would be September when our house would be ready! Although they didnt have access to the site thats what a builder on site told them.

I was prepared that these new builds, the dates can be pushed out but i didn't think it would be as late as September!! Any one else been told September for the 3 bed house on The Rise? The report also told us that so far 9 houses have gone sale agreed I thought for sure our houses would be ready first....
Thanks from:
30-04-2019, 19:11   #48
simonmc78

Our valuation report stated June or July, this has been pretty consistent over the last months. We are in one of the 4 beds on the rise. Fingers crossed we get in sooner.

Last edited by simonmc78; 30-04-2019 at 19:19.
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 17:18   #49
DianeMc2018

Hi all. We're hoping to take a look at these when they launch on May 10th. Do you think there will be a camping out overnight situation?
01-05-2019, 17:30   #50
simonmc78

Most people posting here at the moment bought off the plans so there was none of that madness.

I can't see that being the case but who knows in these strange times. I didn't see anything like that happen for millerstown which is like 5 mins away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeMc2018 View Post
Hi all. We're hoping to take a look at these when they launch on May 10th. Do you think there will be a camping out overnight situation?
Advertisement
01-05-2019, 18:21   #51
airportgirl83

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmc78 View Post
Most people posting here at the moment bought off the plans so there was none of that madness.

I can't see that being the case but who knows in these strange times. I didn't see anything like that happen for millerstown which is like 5 mins away.

Quote:
If it was Dublin I'd expect people to queue overnight but it's not. Also Millerstown was very civilised and it's going to be a huge estate anyway, plenty houses to choose from imo

Btw has anyone found out or asked about Part V?
01-05-2019, 18:41   #52
simonmc78

Part V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportgirl83 View Post
If it was Dublin I'd expect people to queue overnight but it's not. Also Millerstown was very civilised and it's going to be a huge estate anyway, plenty houses to choose from imo

01-05-2019, 18:46   #53
airportgirl83

Quote:
Part V?

Quote:

Part V Social Housing, I assume it's going to be 10% of development. Curious to know if it's going to be concentrated in one place or spread across the development.
Thanks from:
01-05-2019, 19:04   #54
simonmc78

Yeah 50 or so houses. Usually the last phase going by previous developments I bought in. The builder said he hadn't decided yet when my solicitor raised the question. Usually they keep them away from the show houses etc.

Quote:
Part V Social Housing, I assume it's going to be 10% of development. Curious to know if it's going to be concentrated in one place or spread across the development.
Advertisement
02-05-2019, 00:07   #55
DianeMc2018

Quote:

Thanks for that. Good to know. So please excuse this stupid question. But if we were planning on buying off the plans whats the step by step? Do you contact the Estate agent and put booking deposit on there and then? just wondering why did people buy off plans and not wait for show houses?
02-05-2019, 06:17   #56
simonmc78

Just contact the estate agents directly. They will organise everything with you.

I suppose I wanted to be closer to Maynooth as it's my hometown so wanted to get the house sorted asap plus only small numbers of houses were being released.

Had a deposit on millerstown 4 bed semi d but the flooding put me off.
02-05-2019, 11:24   #57
mur223

Quote:
Thanks for that. Good to know. So please excuse this stupid question. But if we were planning on buying off the plans whats the step by step? Do you contact the Estate agent and put booking deposit on there and then? just wondering why did people buy off plans and not wait for show houses?
We bought off the plans for various reasons; We wanted to get into a house before year end to avail of the HTB and Kilcock has always been a nice area to me, its very close to my hometown. We were told by several others to avoid millerstown due to flooding issues. Ledwill came on the market then, So we visited several other Glenveagh developments and we were more than happy with their finishes, over all size of the houses etc. We also heard that once a development launches the prices for other phases could possibly go up due to demand, but I'm not 100% sure about that could be just people speculating? We also wanted to get into the house asap and it seemed like a smart option to buy off the plans to ensure our house would be ready in the first batch released.
04-05-2019, 15:44   #58
edkirl

We were a bit like Mur223 we wanted to get in on help to buy this year, Ledwill was in our price point close to family, on the train line and we liked the Glenveagh houses / finishes. We went for off the plans cause we were told it was a special price and would be going up at launch and we wanted to be in ASAP.
04-05-2019, 15:51   #59
simonmc78

Looks like the 4 beds are gone up 10k already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkirl View Post
We were a bit like Mur223 we wanted to get in on help to buy this year, Ledwill was in our price point close to family, on the train line and we liked the Glenveagh houses / finishes. We went for off the plans cause we were told it was a special price and would be going up at launch and we wanted to be in ASAP.
04-05-2019, 16:54   #60
airportgirl83

Quote:
Looks like the 4 beds are gone up 10k already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkirl View Post
But 3 beds dropped, from 315k.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion