Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-09-2019, 10:04   #196
aurawindsurfing

Hey Neighbours!

Congratulations everyone on taking the plunge and moving into the new estate! What is the current fiber/broadband situation? I would suggest using a 4G router for the time being like this one: https://www.harveynorman.ie/computin...te-router.html if the 4G reception in the estate is good (4 bars+) you should be easily getting the same or better speeds then with Eir. This is what I'm currently using and I'm really happy with it.
Advertisement
09-09-2019, 12:30   #197
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurawindsurfing View Post
Hey Neighbours!

Congratulations everyone on taking the plunge and moving into the new estate! What is the current fiber/broadband situation? I would suggest using a 4G router for the time being like this one: https://www.harveynorman.ie/computin...te-router.html if the 4G reception in the estate is good (4 bars+) you should be easily getting the same or better speeds then with Eir. This is what I'm currently using and I'm really happy with it.
Interesting. So you just bought a SIM card and used that?
09-09-2019, 13:58   #198
Brian201888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Eir are supposedly coming out to install a phone line in our house on Monday which after a weeks testing will tell them whether we can get internet through them. It doesn't really sound right but the lads in the call centre arranged it.
As expected the installer took one look at the place and said no go, we'll have to wait for fiber to be run to the estate.
09-09-2019, 13:59   #199
Brian201888

Have signed up for mobile broadband with Three as a stopgap which is usable if a little slow and inconsistent
09-09-2019, 14:42   #200
aurawindsurfing

Yes just a SIM card. Three has a Pay as You Go plan called All You Can Eat for 20e a month. If reception is good you should be ok with that for the time being.

Did anyone heard a completion date for The Avenue 4 beds please?
Advertisement
09-09-2019, 15:05   #201
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurawindsurfing View Post
Yes just a SIM card. Three has a Pay as You Go plan called All You Can Eat for 20e a month. If reception is good you should be ok with that for the time being.

Did anyone heard a completion date for The Avenue 4 beds please?
Cool. Technically I have unlimited data on my phone, but I think hotspotting a lot over time is a red flag for Three. Will see once we get in.
09-09-2019, 15:21   #202
aurawindsurfing

No such thing as unlimited in Ireland as far as I know. It is always subject to "Fair Usage Policy" which in Three means 30GB which is plenty even for watching Netflix and YouTube ;-)
Thanks from:
11-09-2019, 09:50   #203
TedsRevengeP

Was moving stuff in yesterday and spotted a Sky van at one of the houses. There was a guy putting up a dish.
Chatted to him and he said much the same, no fibre yet. You can get a dish that'll get you your TV channels, but that's it.
11-09-2019, 11:41   #204
shesty

To be fair, we live in Rush years now and that's pretty much always been the situation.(and I grew up in the area).That's what you get living in the shticks!Not sure if we can even get the broadband/tv package together yet either.Haven't bothered looking.
Advertisement
11-09-2019, 13:18   #205
Dommi1

Is there anyone commuting to city centre via bus/ train?

Have you been able to find an easy route to the train station without driving there?
11-09-2019, 13:46   #206
Brian201888

I've been getting the Fingal Express which is working out well but it's once a day in both directions so only suitable for some people I suppose.

That picks up at the front of the estate by Tesco at 7.30 and I'm getting off at Leeson St at around 8.25-8.30
Thanks from:
11-09-2019, 14:14   #207
Shadoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommi1 View Post
Is there anyone commuting to city centre via bus/ train?

Have you been able to find an easy route to the train station without driving there?
I get the train... you can get any of the buses outside the Garda station which are pretty frequent between 7-8am (10/15 mins apart) The train itself will have plenty of room for standing but unfortunately seats are well taken by the time it reaches Rush.
Thanks from:
12-09-2019, 09:36   #208
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoy View Post
I get the train... you can get any of the buses outside the Garda station which are pretty frequent between 7-8am (10/15 mins apart) The train itself will have plenty of room for standing but unfortunately seats are well taken by the time it reaches Rush.
What's it like getting the train, and then a bus, back to Rush in the evenings. Getting off the train you could be waiting a while on a bus I guess?
12-09-2019, 12:33   #209
Dommi1

Thank you Looks like we will be using the Fingal Express to start off and see how it goes.

Another question: What bin company has anyone signed up with?
12-09-2019, 21:32   #210
Shadoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedsRevengeP View Post
What's it like getting the train, and then a bus, back to Rush in the evenings. Getting off the train you could be waiting a while on a bus I guess?
It’s a bit hectic in the evening time between 5-7pm but I tend to get it after 7pm most evenings. The bus is not as frequent in the evening time, usually every 20 mins so depending on your train you might be waiting but so far I’ve only been waiting for a few mins.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion