Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2019, 20:51   #9001

In my case, the draw down request has been sent to the bank and I've yet to send off the snag list to the developer. I'd say you're fine.
Advertisement
11-09-2019, 22:39   #9002
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileas Frog View Post
In my case, the draw down request has been sent to the bank and I've yet to send off the snag list to the developer. I'd say you're fine.
Bank doesn't care about your snag list.

The point about paying before snagging is that builders are always quicker to fix things when they're waiting on their money.
11-09-2019, 23:06   #9003

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Bank doesn't care about your snag list.

The point about paying before snagging is that builders are always quicker to fix things when they're waiting on their money.
I know that, while I may have drawn down, I won't be closing (or paying) until the snag list is complete
12-09-2019, 09:43   #9004
TheShow

Its not a snag thats the issue though. Its the homebond cert & the BER cert.
Whatever about BER cert, funds wont be released by the bank until they are in receipt of Homebond cert.

This is an awful predicament to be fair.
12-09-2019, 10:54   #9005
charlietheminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShow View Post
Its not a snag thats the issue though. Its the homebond cert & the BER cert.
Whatever about BER cert, funds wont be released by the bank until they are in receipt of Homebond cert.

This is an awful predicament to be fair.
Honestly I've felt sick with stress for the last couple of days. It's the BCAR certs which take 21 days to be approved, so I'm hoping that the Homebond cert will be quicker. I've spoken to the solicitor and the bank and the general advice we've been given is to hold steady for the moment and make sure we have everything on our side ready to draw down.
Advertisement
12-09-2019, 12:10   #9006
TheShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheminxx View Post
Honestly I've felt sick with stress for the last couple of days. It's the BCAR certs which take 21 days to be approved, so I'm hoping that the Homebond cert will be quicker. I've spoken to the solicitor and the bank and the general advice we've been given is to hold steady for the moment and make sure we have everything on our side ready to draw down.
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you, hope it works out....
Thanks from:
12-09-2019, 12:27   #9007
charlietheminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShow View Post
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you, hope it works out....
Thanks so much, I really appreciate that. I'll update when the time comes, might be useful if anyone else finds themselves in a similar position.
12-09-2019, 18:47   #9008
Musefan

Sale Agreed at 11 am yesterday.

Formal loan application submitted by mortgage advisor to underwriting, sales advice notice issued by estate agent and contracts were requested by our solicitor by 1pm yesterday. Bank valuation will be next week & surveyor is on standby once we get maps of the site.

Mortgage protection is lined up (we scoped our available products) and I’ve some home insurance quotes ready to go.

It’s all moving very quickly. I am concerned that we won’t get full loan approval (changing jobs- but within the same field/same role) but it might be more my own worries, as the mortgage advisor has advised us to crack on. I know they’re just salespeople but hopefully it’s an indication that the bank is willing to lend! We are borrowing 2.5x our income with a repayment capacity of about 1000 per month more than the mortgage payment at the min so hopefully that looks good in the banks eyes.
12-09-2019, 19:48   #9009
whatever76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musefan View Post

Formal loan application submitted by mortgage advisor to underwriting, sales advice notice issued by estate agent and contracts were requested by our solicitor by 1pm yesterday. Bank valuation will be next week & surveyor is on standby once we get maps of the site.

Mortgage protection is lined up (we scoped our available products) and I’ve some home insurance quotes ready to go.

It’s all moving very quickly. I am concerned that we won’t get full loan approval (changing jobs- but within the same field/same role) but it might be more my own worries, as the mortgage advisor has advised us to crack on. I know they’re just salespeople but hopefully it’s an indication that the bank is willing to lend! We are borrowing 2.5x our income with a repayment capacity of about 1000 per month more than the mortgage payment at the min so hopefully that looks good in the banks eyes.
I am more or less at the same stage as you now - race you

Best of luck !!!
Advertisement
12-09-2019, 22:37   #9010
Musefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever76 View Post
I am more or less at the same stage as you now - race you

Best of luck !!!
Same to you!
13-09-2019, 08:51   #9011
BrokenArrows

Quote:

I think you may find issues if you tell your bank you changed jobs.

Usually they require you to have passed your probation period.
13-09-2019, 09:30   #9012
Interested Observer

Quote:

I wouldn't tell the bank you're changing jobs.
Thanks from:
13-09-2019, 10:08   #9013
Musefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
I wouldn't tell the bank you're changing jobs.
Hey, thanks. My understanding is there’s an obligation to be honest about any material facts that would influence your application. I’ve been open about my situation from the get go with the bank, there hasn’t been an issue thus far thankfully! I’ll see what they come back with. I didn’t want a scenario involving weeks of worry that I would be found out. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out but at least we will know what way to go about it next time.
13-09-2019, 10:16   #9014
Mickiemcfist

Quote:
Hey, thanks. My understanding is there’s an obligation to be honest about any material facts that would influence your application. I’ve been open about my situation from the get go with the bank, there hasn’t been an issue thus far thankfully! I’ll see what they come back with. I didn’t want a scenario involving weeks of worry that I would be found out. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out but at least we will know what way to go about it next time.
Yea I don't know of anyone who has been approved while on probation so you may want to call them asap before you get further down the track with the estate agent. Additionally there's presumably other people who would like to buy the house you've bid on & you're wasting their time & the vendors.
13-09-2019, 10:19   #9015
Musefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiemcfist View Post
Yea I don't know of anyone who has been approved while on probation so you may want to call them asap before you get further down the track with the estate agent. Additionally there's presumably other people who would like to buy the house you've bid on & you're wasting their time & the vendors.
The mortgage advisor advised we proceed with the application after I outlined my full work history to her, and upcoming change of jobs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion