Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-09-2019, 19:46   #106
Corruptedmorals
Registered User
 
Corruptedmorals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglysoik1 View Post
So just spoke to my solicitor and he hasn't received anything from the vendors side.
It's been almost 8 weeks since I went sale agreed. I've been ringing the EA every week same thing 'I'm going to contact the vendors solicitor now' he says to me everytime.
Don't know what to do and the wait is just too much to handle!
It's still prime annual leave for solicitors, the vendor's solicitor could have lost 2 weeks or more to it. The deeds could have been with a bank that are slower to release them than others - and also impacted by annual leave. Our solicitor got our contracts while he was on leave, 7 weeks after sale agreed and then we had to wait until 9 weeks to sign them. Our solicitor wrote to theirs to hurry it up so they can do that for you. The agent should have some investment in hurrying up the sale but probably very little in letting you know the story.

We had a closing date but now it's all in limbo with a boundary issue. We would have hit 12 weeks exactly to keys. Hopefully it still happens this year!
Corruptedmorals is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-09-2019, 10:01   #107
Uglysoik1
Registered User
 
Uglysoik1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 42
Great thanks for all your replies.

My solicitor has informed me that as it turns out the vendor had changed solicitor causing all the delays.

Hopefully we going to get things progressing soon when he sorts his solicitor out. Fingers crossed.
Uglysoik1 is offline  
05-09-2019, 10:45   #108
Wildly Boaring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,751
Purchaser's solicitor sent on signed contract and large deposit.
We have a closing date.

Looking at 19 weeks, if nothing else crops up

Last edited by Wildly Boaring; 05-09-2019 at 10:49.
Wildly Boaring is offline  
Thanks from:
12-09-2019, 11:09   #109
sp00k
Registered User
 
sp00k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 50
Closing tomorrow or early next week at latest. Been a long road (over 4 months since sale agreed) but finally there.
sp00k is offline  
12-09-2019, 11:44   #110
Star Lord
Registered User
 
Star Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 21,556
Same, should be closing next week, after 4 months that seemed drawn out at times for no good reason!!!

Almost there...
Star Lord is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-09-2019, 16:31   #111
ChewBerecca
Registered User
 
ChewBerecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 180
We're still waiting for the vendor to sign. Closing date is optimistically 30th September.

Just over 4 months since we submitted an offer now.

We thought a no chain sale would be much faster than this it's just making the delays even worse because there is no valid reason for them as contracts and documents were all in order.
ChewBerecca is offline  
Thanks from:
16-09-2019, 13:46   #112
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 900
Ballpark, how long would it normally take to attend to a snag list? Presuming nothing too wild or extreme.
Phileas Frog is offline  
16-09-2019, 14:54   #113
awec
Moderator
 
awec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 41,757
Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileas Frog View Post
Ballpark, how long would it normally take to attend to a snag list? Presuming nothing too wild or extreme.
Few days. Depends on how quickly they want to close and the availability of the trades if they need any.
awec is offline  
16-09-2019, 15:03   #114
charlietheminxx
Registered User
 
charlietheminxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileas Frog View Post
Ballpark, how long would it normally take to attend to a snag list? Presuming nothing too wild or extreme.
Mine took 9 days.
charlietheminxx is online now  
Advertisement
16-09-2019, 21:19   #115
ashes2014
Registered User
 
ashes2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 86
We were about 4 months and that was with the buyers really pushing everything!
ashes2014 is offline  
17-09-2019, 20:12   #116
Star Lord
Registered User
 
Star Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 21,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Lord View Post
Same, should be closing next week, after 4 months that seemed drawn out at times for no good reason!!!

Almost there...
Aaaaaaaand done!
Star Lord is offline  
(3) thanks from:
26-09-2019, 21:03   #117
Mitch Connor
Registered User
 
Mitch Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 37,009
Estimated snagging date pushed from end of October to December 12th.

Buying a house is frustrating as fook!
Mitch Connor is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-09-2019, 21:32   #118
Wildly Boaring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,751
This thread depresses me every time it pops back up.

We have a closing date for our sale. But I'm 100% sure they're going to keep asking more questions prior to closing.
Wildly Boaring is offline  
27-09-2019, 09:38   #119
charlietheminxx
Registered User
 
charlietheminxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheminxx View Post
I put a deposit on a new build in early February. There have been delays along the way and we are probably at least 2 months away from snagging... you think your wait is bad?!
Three months since I posted this and I've snagged, but am still waiting for keys. Three weeks to go apparently
charlietheminxx is online now  
27-09-2019, 10:35   #120
ChewBerecca
Registered User
 
ChewBerecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewBerecca View Post
We're still waiting for the vendor to sign. Closing date is optimistically 30th September.

Just over 4 months since we submitted an offer now.

We thought a no chain sale would be much faster than this it's just making the delays even worse because there is no valid reason for them as contracts and documents were all in order.
Our drawdown went in on Monday so mortgage advisor and solicitor thought we might close on Wednesday/yesterday. AIB still havent processed the request.

The 30th is now looking very likely
ChewBerecca is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet