Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manker E02 1xAAA flashlight / headlamp €12

Comments

Yes, that is their official Aliexpress storefront. The prices are identical. I figured their website was as handy for most as it has Paypal checkout. However maybe some will prefer to use Aliexpress.

Interestingly on Ali they seem to have a few Nichia-LED models available. The website sold out of Nichia almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone who has received this torch use it for running? Thinking of trail running at sunrise and could be useful.

Does it move much on the head strap? is it more for working than running?

Thanks

BKWDR wrote: »
    Anyone who has received this torch use it for running? Thinking of trail running at sunrise and could be useful.

Thanks
    I've not used it for running but it's light enough that it doesn't bob on the head, and the strap keeps it fairly fixed in position.

I think of this as a nice little AAA light - light enough to EDC in the shirt pocket. Cheap enough that it'd be very hard to be disappointed with it, and it makes a great gift. Probably a touch large for a keychain but I know some carry it like that. With the headstrap it can double-up as a headlamp but it won't replace a dedicated one.

However you have to be realistic with 1xAAA in terms of output and runtime, and also realistic with the size of the torch and reflector. (The AA version will obviously give more runtime.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thanks

How about this, got one couple of months ago, great light, rechargeable 2200mAh battery with swivel front light.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/WESTLIGHT-Adjustable-Reflective-Rechargeable-Waterproof/dp/B07R7SMCWL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,940 ✭✭✭✭event

Received mine, great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mine arrived today, lovely little bit of kit,
    Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks op, just ordered one.
    Can people remember to post up here when it gets delivered, Thanks.

as above I ordered on the 13/12

Delivered 03/01

so 21 days exactly thats not bad considering Christmas and weekends etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks

Got the AA version yesterday. Don't think the AAA verion has the lumens or runtime needed. Quite like the torch its very good and more than bright enough on high for running on unlit roads. Runtime is excellent for just a single AA light. The strap is a poor though. The fabric is light and it's just a bit thin. The mount that holds the light is should be a bit stronger too. Part that hold the torch is good but where the straps go through that's against your forehead could be stiffer. It will do for running but does bounce a little.

It's certainly not as nice as my Silva Trail Runner. If I could get a better headstrap it would work as a replacement for it. It will do for camping and walking though and I'm tempted to get a second to leave in the car. Probably better getting with one with a separate battery pack for running, they are better balanced. The insulation on my Silva has pealed off so it's doesn't have much life left in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone have any issues with the EO3H version? I got mine Saturday seemed to work fine then tried it last night and it's not turning on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with the EO3H version? I got mine Saturday seemed to work fine then tried it last night and it's not turning on.

Read a few posts back. You may of locked it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Jet Black wrote: »

I've found the same issue. It seems to have drained the battery, even though it was switched off.

Discodog wrote: »
    Read a few posts back. You may of locked it.
    https://youtu.be/q91dNUnM8Jk?t=49

Quackster wrote: »
    I've found the same issue. It seems to have drained the battery, even though it was switched off.

Tried again. Popped a fully-charged battery in. Didn't turn the torch on. After a few hours, torch won't turn on and battery showing as being depleted in battery charger. Popped another fully-charged battery in and torch works fine.

Quackster wrote: »
    Tried again. Popped a fully-charged battery in. Didn't turn the torch on. After a few hours, torch won't turn on and battery showing as being depleted in battery charger. Popped another fully-charged battery in and torch works fine.
    You probably engaged the electronic lockout. This is a feature which prevents the light from turning on (to avoid accidental activation in your pocket etc).

To enable/disable lockout, you need to do a 1-2-3 click sequence.

ie click ... click-click ... click-click-click. It takes a few goes to get the hang of the timing. See video above for illustration.

You probably engaged the electronic lockout. This is a feature which prevents the light from turning on (to avoid accidental activation in your pocket etc).

To enable/disable lockout, you need to do a 1-2-3 click sequence.

ie click ... click-click ... click-click-click. It takes a few goes to get the hang of the timing. See video above for illustration.

If you read what I wrote, the torch switches on and off fine when I pop a fresh battery in so it's not locked. If I leave a fresh battery in it with it switched off, after a few hours the battery is drained to the point the torch won't turn on.

I've verified this by testing the battery is fully charged in a battery tester before putting it in the torch and again after taking it out.

I've got a dud and I'll be seeking a full refund.

For curiosity's sake, I've popped yet another fresh battery into it and have now engaged the electronic lockout. Will check in the morning to see if this battery has been drained too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Ordered on the 13th December. No delivery yet or no update on the original tracking number since the 14th. How long more should I wait before taking some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

orm0nd wrote: »
    Ordered on the 13th December. No delivery yet or no update on the original tracking number since the 14th. How long more should I wait before taking some action.

I ordered 2. One arrived last week. Other no movement on tracking no. sent by email. But if you login to check order status there might be a different tracking number. This was the case for me.

Didn't help much as tracking shows it made it to Ireland on 30th but no sign of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

I'm in the same boat as the poster that ordered on the 13th Dec. Still waiting. I contacted mankerlight last night, will see what happens.

johng906 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as the poster that ordered on the 13th Dec. Still waiting. I contacted mankerlight last night, will see what happens.

Emailed them early yesterday. No reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ordered the 2nd Jan and it arrived today. Thanks OP! Exactly what I've been looking for

• Advertisement

johng906 wrote: »

Ordered the AA version on 13th, shows as shipped within account.
    Got an email from them last night inviting me to review product.
    Replied that hadn't received it yet.

For those who haven't received it:

Check your order page to see if the tracking number was subsequently updated (reported by jaybe).

Check the tracking number(s) on https://track.aftership.com/, royalmail & anpost.

If there's no movement at all in the tracking then definitely get on to them for an update or resend.

However if the tracking shows movement then it's just a case of waiting. Dec 13th was only 4 weeks ago and I rarely expect an order from China to arrive in less than 4 weeks. I mean it's great if it comes in 2 or 3 weeks but I don't expect it.

For reference mine shipped on the 14th Dec. Tracking # showed up on royalmail on the 23rd Dec. Then didn't show up on AnPost tracking until 2nd Jan. Delivered 3rd Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Ordered AA version on 24th Dec delivered yesterday, need to sort proper batteries now, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I got mine but I have two other things sent at the start of December from China that haven't arrived. Way way overdue because of Christmas.

VanZan wrote: »
    I got mine but I have two other things sent at the start of December from China that haven't arrived. Way way overdue because of Christmas.
    And it seems that AnPost don't necessarily clear the backlog before resuming normal post.

So you can have something like xckjoo above: ordered on the 2nd Jan and it's already delivered because it's had a straight run without any hold ups. Meanwhile older orders from Dec are maybe still sitting in a pile that built up over xmas and AnPost are just chipping away at it here and there.

It's just the way it goes when ordering from China and I learned a long time not to stress over it. It comes when it comes and if it's a no-show I wait about 8 weeks and then do a claim.

Checked tracking on both royal mail and an post, doesn't show up on either.
    No panic on it.
    As mentioned, it's probably in a crate in a warehouse awaiting sorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Rechargeable batteries on sale in Lidl at the moment, €8 Euro for eight, got a pack of AA they are working well in the torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Invincible wrote: »
    Checked tracking on both royal mail and an post, doesn't show up on either.
    No panic on it.
    As mentioned, it's probably in a crate in a warehouse awaiting sorting.

same here

Rechargeable batteries on sale in Lidl at the moment, €8 Euro for eight, got a pack of AA they are working well in the torch.
    I can't speak for the quality of the Lidl batteries, in the past some of the Tronics brand they sold were not well regarded. Like 2400mAh cells would have less than half the advertised capacity when tested. I don't know if their current cells are better; perhaps they are.

The Ladda Whites in IKEA we know are rebadged Eneloops (or something very close - made in FDK Japan) so very much a known quantity, you can't go wrong.

They're a little bit more expensive (AA Ladda Whites are €6.50 for 4) but I would pay the extra personally.
    markad1 wrote: »
    same here
    If you ordered on the 13th Dec and there's no sign of it - and no indication where it is in the tracking - I would get on to them in the next week or two and agree on a reasonable date to declare it missing (and get a refund/resend).

For me that's usually around the 8 week mark. So I might contact them after 6 weeks and tell them i'm willing to wait another two. And if the tracking starts showing movement in that period then of course i'll wait a little longer.

• Advertisement

Got a reply to the email and tracking from their side showing that's that it is in Ireland since the 30th December. I'm also waiting for a part from the UK that was due for delivery last Thursday. Also a few more bits from China.

An Post must be really twiddling their thumbs or else they're giving us culchies the run around.

Advertisement