Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

w4ntedman wrote: »

Just for any others that might be interested, I've successfully used this same APK on the new Chromecast that runs Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

shmeee wrote: »
    Hi,

I see a few posts over the past few weeks saying this is not stable on a Firestick and buffering?

Would I be better off so avoiding this as it's main purpose would be to use it on a Firestick.

Thanks!

I just wanted it for iplayer on Firestick and its useless now so I'd say avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

I just wanted it for iplayer on Firestick and its useless now so I'd say avoid

I just downloaded it this evening, didn't know about the above either. ITV hub doesn't seem to work. Watching iPlayer now. It's going ok. Had one bit of buffering but it's playing perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

The keepsolid DNS works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

bromley52 wrote: »

Really? Did you pick up a lifetime on special? I have the lifetime VPN and its been great value but was considering the DNS and waiting till blackfriday/cyber Monday for special. I see its currently $40

• Advertisement

Irish Kev wrote: »
    Really? Did you pick up a lifetime on special? I have the lifetime VPN and its been great value but was considering the DNS and waiting till blackfriday/cyber Monday for special. I see its currently $40

That's what I paid for it about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

bromley52 wrote: »

Does it work with Netflix?

I don't know sorry. I'm happy enough with the Irish Netflix so never checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Does it work with Netflix?
    It (KeepSolid SmartDNS) does, yes

So far I find that more of a hassle than a help, I've run into a few things that aren't on the US Netflix but are on ours and haven't found anything where the reverse is true, even though I know there is loads

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

I have the keep solid lifetime subscription a couple of years at this stage. Worth every cent.

I have it loaded onto my firestick and if I want to access U.S. Netflix I select a streaming dns specifically for netflix U.S. I. E. changing to just any dns is U.S. Will not work. From experience, I don't think you can access any other region just the U.S. Exact same goes for the BBC I player - they have a decicated dns steam for it, and never fails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Just got keepsolid lifetime for $19. 99/ €17.50 using code LIFETIME20

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

Just got keepsolid lifetime for $19. 99/ €17.50 using code LIFETIME20
    http://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

^^^ I just tried the free trial version using their android app and although there is a dedicated BBC iplayer choice or any UK location all the BBC websites are completely blocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

great piece of kit have it a few years works well all apps good -regarding bbc I player theres 3 uk vpns one always works

How would do get this to work on my (eir) Apple TV box ?
    Would love bbc iPlayer .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

maik3n wrote: »

Bought that, Thanks!

Will load onto Firestick and see how it goes.

For €17.61, how bad sure!

Update, easy to install onto Firestick via downloader. All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Hi all - Maybe a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. Where does the VPN sit. Is it on the router or on the devices. The reason I ask is that for modern devices it is easy to load an app or whatever. However if you are using an old satellite boxes that don't use apps VPN's are difficult to load onto these.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

6541 wrote: »
    Hi all - Maybe a dumb question but I will ask it anyway. Where does the VPN sit. Is it on the router or on the devices. The reason I ask is that for modern devices it is easy to load an app or whatever. However if you are using an old satellite boxes that don't use apps VPN's are difficult to load onto these.

Generally they can be on either/or. You'd have to enquire with your preferred provider if they can provide router/sat-box settings without the use of an app.
    Someone else with more experience may be able to point you in the right direction.

I set up mine on my phone and tether other devices to it. On android there is a VPN Hotspot app you have to use in addition with it or they won't use the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

maik3n wrote: »

FYI: I did this yesterday and got lifetime for...free?
    Once I put in Lifetime20 the price went to 0.00...and it let me checkout.

Not sure if glitch or super bargain.

edit: I checked again, looks like they may have noticed..says coupon expired!

ktkkqZK.png
    (just so you can see i'm not crazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone got this working for any Netflix apart from the American one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Kolido wrote: »

Uk using bbc server.
    I haven't tried in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think it only works through the streaming servers. Most of which are American, aside from one for England and one for Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Have been watching BBc iPlayer no problem since I signed up to lifetime sub last week

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

I use this on a FireStick and a Philips Android TV

Works for - BBC, ITV, ALL4, ITVHUB, HBOMAX

I cant seem to get UHD streams to load on the iPlayer. Anyone have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Use code APPS40 for 40% off, brings price down to under $12

Code works with the SmartDns too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

kaerobe wrote: »
    I use this on a FireStick and a Philips Android TV

Works for - BBC, ITV, ALL4, ITVHUB, HBOMAX

I cant seem to get UHD streams to load on the iPlayer. Anyone have any luck?

I find VPNunlimited is about 20Mb down speed so it's too slow for UHD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kolido wrote: »

Have never been able to get it working for Netflix. I’m on a laptop, Windows 10. Has anyone been successful recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Have never been able to get it working for Netflix. I’m on a laptop, Windows 10. Has anyone been successful recently?

Something worth trying is searching for something you know is available to US and not Ireland. If it locates a film not available here then try playing it and then you'll know that it works.

I find the main menus don't appear to change a great deal when using it, although I notice stuff becomes missing from My List that isn't available in the US but is in Ireland. That's another giveaway that the VPN is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

FWIW, I'm managing with the KeepSolid Smart DNS on android devices (incl. TVs) for iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, Prime, etc.

Can also get it to work on the Samsung TV for iPlayer, ITV Hub, Prime, etc. but NOT Netflix. Can't work out why at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

FWIW, I'm managing with the KeepSolid Smart DNS on android devices (incl. TVs) for iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, Prime, etc.

Can also get it to work on the Samsung TV for iPlayer, ITV Hub, Prime, etc. but NOT Netflix. Can't work out why at all.

Netflix is far too active in counter acting any proxy/vpn/dns activity for it being worth your time.

On the KeepSolid front - how solid is the iPlayer in the evenings?

Advertisement