Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I'm in town and the secondary school's are out for lunch and I have no idea who anybody is.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭moonage

When you ejaculate and all that comes out is some dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The don't feel old at all, sure why would you worry about time, not as if we have control over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

The extra scrolling down to the dob online

Fuuuuuuukkkkkk that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The don't feel old at all, sure why would you worry about time, not as if we have control over it

You're in the wrong thread so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

When everyone in work comes to you for advice,then adding your to old to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

220px-Z%C3%BCndpl%C3%A4ttchen1.jpg

a child today would have absolutely no idea what this is

I'm kind of relieved I don't know what it is and I'm in my late 30s.

Subject of Gerry Ryan came up in work recently. Two of the newer staff in their early 20s had never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The first time the barber offered to trim my eyebrows for me after a haircut...I refused on principle, but he wasn't wrong!

I’ve had him offer to trim hair on my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Subject of Gerry Ryan came up in work recently. Two of the newer staff in their early 20s had never heard of him.

Caps for toy guns .. If youre female I'll allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Remembering when you had to use a manual choke..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption came out a quarter of a century ago.

Last Saturday after walking around our local town I didn't fall asleep on the couch but made a conscious decision to have a "nap".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

A young lad in work asked me who I thought the best Premier league keeper ever, I said even as a Liverpool fan i'd have to say Schmeichel

He replied " ah he's ok but he's getting on at 32 " took me a minute to realise he was talking about Peter's son Kasper.,

How in the F*CK is Peters Schmeichel's son coming up to retirement age ,

Home Alone is 29 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kg703 wrote: »
    Nightclubs/late night bars and I’m only in my thirties. You know there’s no turning back when you walk out saying the music is too loud :)

That's one of the good things about getting older. You can ditch niteclubs.

I always hated them, even as a teen and in my early 20s.

Always preferred a late bar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The nickname for the commanding officer in a US Army unit is "The Old Man".

When I was a Troop commander, I was interviewing troops joining my unit who were born in the 90s. At that point, it hit me. "I really am the Old Man".

Now, of course, troopers are joining who are well in the 2000s.

The kids that were born when 9/11 happened will be 18 this year and a lot will have just done their leaving cert.
    Part of me feels they should still be in primary school

Was at a George Ezra concert the other night (don't judge me), and before the gig there was an ad for a FooFighters' gig..

Overheard:

"What's the Foo Fighter?"
    "Don't know. Sounds like a wrestler"

It didn't help that the average age of the concert goer was about 16. I have never felt so tall in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭victor8600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

I went to a waterpark today with my kids
    I thought some of the rides were dangerous :(

Kill me now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Looking at my pension fund online and thinking "**** that's not enough".

• Advertisement

What sort of childhood did you have?
    I'm in my early 30's and everyone used these as kids.

Developed into a minor in bomb making as a teen with these.

Slice them down the middle, wrap tightly in tape. Makes a nice bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I was chatting to a lad in his early 20s about football recently (I'm 39), specifically about Zidane returning to Madrid.

Actually had to dig out the phone to show him this goal, he'd never seen it - only knew Zidane as manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

White nose hairs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My daughter asked me recently did I write with feathers dipped in ink when I went to school.

Clareman wrote: »
    My daughter asked me recently did I write with feathers dipped in ink when I went to school.

Hopefully your daughter is 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Are you one of Jacob Rees-Moggs relatives?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hopefully your daughter is 3 years old.

She's 6. She can't understand that there was no internet when I was younger, but at least I had YouTube and NetFlix, didn't have the heart to tell her that I was older than both combined

Are you one of Jacob Rees-Moggs relatives?

J@ysus that some kind of personal abuse right there.......

Just Wikipedia's him to check his age, he's 5 years younger than Boris Johnson who is the same age as Keanu Reeves

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

A new temp started at work, she casually asked me how old I was and when I replied she said....

“Oh my god, you’re older than my ma”

I’m 36 btw

• Advertisement

J@ysus that some kind of personal abuse right there.......

Just Wikipedia's him to check his age, he's 5 years younger than Boris Johnson who is the same age as Keanu Reeves

Jesasus, Keanu is almost ready to be in the Expendables

Advertisement