Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubbers

The email said you can bring friends or family just print out another form for them. Just sent you the link for the form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

dubbers wrote: »
    The email said you can bring friends or family just print out another form for them.

Yeh, thats the impressioni got from the mail alright.
    Yis sure registration is close? Tunick was on TodayFM with D'arcy this morning and he was still giving out the website for people to sign up.

Looking like I might be on my own for this as well, although hopefully i'll drag some people out from my friday night.
    Gonna bring out some forms and go recruiting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The email and the forms state that if people are rowdy or have too much drink taken they will be not allowed to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jd2010

Hi, I was too late to register! can someone forward me the email with all the details, forms etc? thanks, I really don't want to miss it. I was planning to do it for months then forgot all about until the reports on the cork one today...

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The email and the forms state that if people are rowdy or have too much drink taken they will be not allowed to take part.

I'm not planning on being rowdy or have too much drink taken. I'll just be floating around town whenever my night ends and then strolling down to bus point.
    Should be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Although I registered I never got an email back & had really looked forward to this.

I guess there's no showing up on the night?... I'm actually finished work around two(ish) and it would have been perfect for me.

Looks like I'm set to go now :D

Anyone interested in a meet up?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Mairt wrote: »
    Looks like I'm set to go now :D

Anyone interested in a meet up?.

I'm sure you will see us all there, so to speak!
    Think the one in Cork was limited to 1,100 people (perhaps for security or to protect the sites) and the Dublin one has no limit (or a much larger one!) So there will be no one turned away! Hopefully they have sufficient amount of buses and theres not much hanging around!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

Beerlao wrote: »
    i'm going to this on my own...we should organise pre-nudey drinks so we're not all billy no-mates in the nip

I think this is a good idea as well, meet somewhere near the pick-up point at around midnight and have a couple of drinks, then we can go together. May help with the self-conscience nature of going by yourself. Any further thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

watch out for the rats:D:D

• Advertisement

shakin wrote: »
    watch out for the rats:D:D

And the snakes ;)

But all joking aside, I'm slightly concerned at how the 'Irish Daily Star' covered the Cork event with full and clear photos of some of the participants.

I know I for one would be highly pissed off if my full frontal pic ended up as part of their seedy coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MoonMoose

I signed up for the Cork one and received confirmation that my registration had been received, then never heard anything back and figured that capacity had been exceeded. Then I read a piece in the Echo about a woman who'd decided to take part after the date I'd signed up and managed to do so. Am regretting that I didn't get to take part in the Cork one. I could manage to travel up to Dublin, so wondering if anyone would mind forwarding me the form(s)/info that you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Full and clear photos in The Star, you say? *back in 5*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

U see that's one big problem for me... don't mind been in one of the artists pictures, where you are pretty small and fairly anonymous, but some of the pics you see on the internet of previous 'installations' and in the papers are far from anonymous. The organisers say that they keep individuals who aren't taking part away from the event, but this is obviously not the case. The had bloody RTE there with a Mic, the irish time and irish daily star with photographers! I'd be inclined to think that rather than keeping 3rd party publicity away, they seem to be encouraging it. If Mr Tunick or any of his minions are reading... that's why I won't be coming! That and the fact that I'll be working the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Podcast of the joe duffy show re the shoot.

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2008/pc/pod-v-170608-10m37s-liveline.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

brendan4 wrote: »
    U see that's one big problem for me... don't mind been in one of the artists pictures, where you are pretty small and fairly anonymous, but some of the pics you see on the internet of previous 'installations' and in the papers are far from anonymous. The organisers say that they keep individuals who aren't taking part away from the event, but this is obviously not the case. The had bloody RTE there with a Mic, the irish time and irish daily star with photographers! I'd be inclined to think that rather than keeping 3rd party publicity away, they seem to be encouraging it. If Mr Tunick or any of his minions are reading... that's why I won't be coming! That and the fact that I'll be working the next day!
    Just seen the pics in theIrish Daily Star ,no way these guys should have been let near the shoot,Family and friends not allowed unless participating so why should these guys be allowed take these pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

I got the evening herald yesterday and the same pictures are probably in the star where you can cleary see some of the participants. I wouldnt be impressed if my hairy arse is all over the Sunday papers :pac:

From what I can gather people can just turn up and get the form to fill out on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

JJDoherty wrote: »
    I think this is a good idea as well, meet somewhere near the pick-up point at around midnight and have a couple of drinks, then we can go together. May help with the self-conscience nature of going by yourself. Any further thoughts on this?

I'd be up for meeting before getting herded onto the bus to the not so secret location.
    Someone suggested Midnight, does that suit?? Any pub suggestions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

JJDoherty wrote: »

You want to meet strangers from the Internet, get intoxicated & then take your clothes off with them...

Them's my thoughts on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Noone there has anything to ashamed of, I'm sure they'll be back slapped 'til the cows come home by anyone that recognizes them, If I end up with my bits all over the media so be it!!:o :p

• Advertisement

poh wrote: »
    I'd be up for meeting before getting herded onto the bus to the not so secret location.
    Someone suggested Midnight, does that suit?? Any pub suggestions??

I'd probably be up for meeting. I'm still not sure what my plans are, waiting to find out if anybody i know is doing it. I'll confirm closer to Sat, but yis can count me in for now.

Not sure about pubs nearby, maybe that place (pub/hotel) at abbey st luas stop. I've gone blank on names n google isn't helping.
    Or the Flowing tide, abbey st again, for some reason i keep hearing the name recently and its not miles to walk.
    Ah, i'm easy, whatever everybody else reckon.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

Sure, if we're meeting up first then count me in.
    Just looking at the email again, quote-

"Please bring a towel to the installation."

...just for those thinking of joining but didn't get the email, it's probably worth remembering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

darn wrote: »
    Sure, if we're meeting up first then count me in.
    Just looking at the email again, quote-

"Please bring a towel to the installation."

...just for those thinking of joining but didn't get the email, it's probably worth remembering.

Always know where your towel is ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

and where it's been...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

any chance someone could forward me on the reg form or original email with details before I lose my nerve :D
    joolspoker@hotmail.com
    thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fiona84

Didn't register in time really want to go. Could someone send me the forms?Thanks Fi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fiona84

Fiona84 wrote: »
    Didn't register in time really want to go. Could someone send me the forms?Thanks Fi :)

Thanks for everyones help got the forms..see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sifpilsen

Is there anyone carpooling from Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EllieN

brendan4 wrote: »

Did anyone read the Participant Release Form?

E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Sifpilsen wrote: »
    Is there anyone carpooling from Cork?
    If there is can yez pick me up in Kildare on the way through:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement