Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retained firefighter retirement age to be extended.

Options
  • 17-04-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Anyone get any wind of the retirement age being extended to 60. My contract is to retire at 55 with the option of 3 extra years subject to medical.I have it from a fairly reliable source that the optional extra years will be extended to 60 sometime this year. Anyone hear anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Anyone get any wind of the retirement age being extended to 60. My contract is to retire at 55 with the option of 3 extra years subject to medical.I have it from a fairly reliable source that the optional extra years will be extended to 60 sometime this year. Anyone hear anything similar?

It’s looking very likely it will be an option to stay on until 60 if the firefighter wants.
    DFB balloted it’s siptu members recently and they voted on an option to stay on until 60. They are hoping it will be implemented very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Olive bumble

Any update on this. I'm on a panel for fulltime. I've been told if it comes in I wont get a position but if it doesn't I may but the panel is ending soon.

Advertisement