Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric skateboards

Options
  • 10-08-2016 12:17pm

anyone got a decent one of these?
    e.g. evolve, boosted or one of the increasing number of decent quality cheaper ones coming out of China.

or have any interest in them?

have been looking at them for a whle but have yet to pull the trigger on one.

They are pretty cool it has to be said. You don't need to be a skateboarder to use one - it's easier than skateobarding as you don't need to worry about pushing. wireless remote controls speed and brake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dadawg

Hey,

Yeah I've been researching both of these for a while now. I pre-ordered/reserved my boosted board v2 about a month ago until I heard recently they had issues with their batteries exploding. Only happened to one guy in the states but production has completely stopped because of it. I wanted to get carving soon so I dropped the per-order and ordered an Evolve Bamboo GT. That's due to ship at the end of November so it's possible I'll have it for December.

I'll review it and give feedback, it might assist your decision.

Did you get the bamboo GT? Did you go for the AT wheels?
    dadawg wrote: »
    Hey,

Yeah I've been researching both of these for a while now. I pre-ordered/reserved my boosted board v2 about a month ago until I heard recently they had issues with their batteries exploding. Only happened to one guy in the states but production has completely stopped because of it. I wanted to get carving soon so I dropped the per-order and ordered an Evolve Bamboo GT. That's due to ship at the end of November so it's possible I'll have it for December.

I'll review it and give feedback, it might assist your decision.

Got the bamboo GT 2in1. AT is smooth but it eats my battery so I ride on 97mm ABEC 11 (street wheels) now. I get over 20km range on ECO now. These boards are unreal.

Got the bamboo GT 2in1. AT is smooth but it eats my battery so I ride on 97mm ABEC 11 (street wheels) now. I get over 20km range on ECO now. These boards are unreal.

cool. are you using it for commuting or just for leisure?

edit. I see from the other thread that you're commuting with it.

yeah I guess that the 97mm wheels should do the job. definitely needed for Ireland.

Are you going in the bike lanes or on the road? (any hassle from cyclists or motorists or the nyards?)

Both!

• Advertisement

Both!

you didn't answer the other part of the question!

I bought one that has 83mm wheels - not enough for the roads and paths here for commuting!
    may look into getting bigger wheels if possible or another board.

Didn't see the rest if the question.

I use footpaths and cycle lanes mostly. Roads only if they're clear. No hassle from any1 yet but I've been careful with it. When ppl are around I go easy.

The guards have seen me and said nothing. As long as your being responsible with it, it seems to be fine.

Didn't see the rest if the question.

I use footpaths and cycle lanes mostly. Roads only if they're clear. No hassle from any1 yet but I've been careful with it. When ppl are around I go easy.

The guards have seen me and said nothing. As long as your being responsible with it, it seems to be fine.

yes, only takes a few muppets to ruin it for everyone tho!

Advertisement