Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorial plaque

• 05-12-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi hoping someone can answer a question for me. Are you allowed to put a memorial plaque on a grave for a family member that isn't actually buried in the plot?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I've seen a relative remembered on a head stone on occassions. Something like, "also remember Mary, sister, or aunt or whatever who died 1999 in another placename." I thing it's up to the person erecting the headstone.

I wish to be cremated and my ashes scattered but expect my name and date of death to be added to my husband's grave stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Thank you so much

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, likewise, have seen peoples names mentioned, who are buried elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭realrebel

Hi hoping someone can answer a question for me. Are you allowed to put a memorial plaque on a grave for a family member that isn't actually buried in the plot?
    Thanks in advance.

Yes you can as long as it can be taken away again if needed not fixed to ground
    I suppose just get owners approval first and there will be no problem
    If it is a lawn cemetery make sure its not put on the grass it should be kept on foundation
    If there are surrounds there then it can be placed in the middle of the grave

Advertisement