16-11-2020, 13:20   #1
rubyblues

Breast lump check is 3-6 months

Hi, I'm just wondering what is a normal wait at the moment. A found a lump that felt hard but moveable -pea size. I have lumpy bpobs but I've bever felt anything like this so it alarmed me. Gp thought it might be cyst so sent off referral to James. I called them and they said as gp didn't mark urgent its 6 month wait for appointment. I know I should be reassured that she thinks it could be a cyst but its a long wait! Anyone in similar position? She has since sent to Vincent's but its 2-3 month wait there
Advertisement
16-11-2020, 17:31   #2
Caranica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyblues View Post
Hi, I'm just wondering what is a normal wait at the moment. A found a lump that felt hard but moveable -pea size. I have lumpy bpobs but I've bever felt anything like this so it alarmed me. Gp thought it might be cyst so sent off referral to James. I called them and they said as gp didn't mark urgent its 6 month wait for appointment. I know I should be reassured that she thinks it could be a cyst but its a long wait! Anyone in similar position? She has since sent to Vincent's but its 2-3 month wait there
I'm in West Dublin so was sent to Beaumont. 2 weeks between referral and appointment. GP did say we are blessed on the Northside as there are big delays on the Southside. My appointment was two weeks ago so very recent.
16-11-2020, 17:31   #3
Segotias

Seems a long wait, I got an appointment within days for the Beaumont, referral on Monday, they called me on Tuesday and appointment was Friday. My GP had marked it urgent, this was all Pre Covid though and was the first time I'd found anything.

If you're concerned maybe see if your GP can get it moved up

Last edited by Segotias; 16-11-2020 at 17:32. Reason: Spelling
17-11-2020, 11:38   #4
Humour Me

Was in the breast care centre in St James this morning, consultant examined a lump and is ordering a mammogram and ultrasound. Unfortunately I will have to go back for a separate appointment as they only have 5 slots for imaging a day!

The doctor said they are dealing with a massive backlog of referrals.

I was waiting 5 weeks from my GP referral to appointment, but I met the criteria for an urgent review (urgent is supposed to be 2 weeks)
17-11-2020, 12:23   #5
Caranica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humour Me View Post
Was in the breast care centre in St James this morning, consultant examined a lump and is ordering a mammogram and ultrasound. Unfortunately I will have to go back for a separate appointment as they only have 5 slots for imaging a day!

The doctor said they are dealing with a massive backlog of referrals.

I was waiting 5 weeks from my GP referral to appointment, but I met the criteria for an urgent review (urgent is supposed to be 2 weeks)
I was lucky in Beaumont as my appointment was 8.15 so I got an imaging slot on the day. They were all gone by 9am
Advertisement
02-12-2020, 17:15   #6
Scattered99

Hey guys, I hope ye are keeping well despite this really awful waiting period.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the waiting list is like for the Galway clinic?

I'm 21 so statistically almost certainly fine. My GP referred me as low risk "just in case", 5 weeks ago. I have not heard anything since. My aunt got BC at 29 (only relative on either side to have it out of like 15 other women) but I'm quite nervous. I think I've found another pea sized lump on my ribcage (bottom of my breast) which might just be cartilage or bone but it's my other breast so I'm scared. Don't wanna annoy my GP again being so young and already having been referred.

God this system is horrific.
08-12-2020, 15:01   #7
Segotias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered99 View Post
Hey guys, I hope ye are keeping well despite this really awful waiting period.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the waiting list is like for the Galway clinic?

I'm 21 so statistically almost certainly fine. My GP referred me as low risk "just in case", 5 weeks ago. I have not heard anything since. My aunt got BC at 29 (only relative on either side to have it out of like 15 other women) but I'm quite nervous. I think I've found another pea sized lump on my ribcage (bottom of my breast) which might just be cartilage or bone but it's my other breast so I'm scared. Don't wanna annoy my GP again being so young and already having been referred.

God this system is horrific.
If you haven't already, get back on to your GP, tell them about the second lump and you want to be moved up to an Urgent appointment. Its more than likely nothing but with the second one showing up, you might be prone to cysts or something that will have your head melted. Its better to push getting it checked. Don't let them use your age as a reason to delay
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion