Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Examiner asking 'leading questions' on Parental Survey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Treppen wrote: »
    Spotted this on VFT.

Initially they had "should teachers be paid in full if they return to school part time in September". but removed it after complaints.

IF you're a parent 'cough cough' you can have your say here

https://form.jotform.com/201921807674357?fbclid=IwAR28Rp6T8bROPZ1ftsJJEO_r2PZYJXjxia7xcNOtgGvOh-I8X6vlBXqWeTY

Total disgrace for a national newspaper to have a question like that in it. Even if they did remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

I didn’t realise returning to school part time was on the cards for teachers. I thought it was all or blended learning. Wtf do they think provides the online part of the blended learning?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Murple

I'd hope whoever put the survey together had a fairly big realisation that if children are in part time as a result of classes being split that the teacher would have to be there for both halves attendance at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Journalists generally don't get summers off, looks like someone's jealous :D

Seriously though that's a disgrace, national newspaper too, embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

El Sueño wrote: »

D'examiner's a Cworrrrrk paper bouy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

That survey is an embarassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Only one thing for that, submit absolute piss take responses to wreck their heads. I’ve mine done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

El Sueño wrote: »

The Examiner is pretty much doomed in the coming recession. The journalists know it. They are lashing out at everyone in a more secure job.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Total disgrace for a national newspaper to have a question like that in it. Even if they did remove it

I dont understand why it is a "total disgrace" for anybody to ask the question. It seems like a perfectly reasonable question.

Or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Will Yam wrote: »
    I dont understand why it is a "total disgrace" for anybody to ask the question. It seems like a perfectly reasonable question.

Or am I missing something?

If the schools open part time to students who do you think works full time to teach the different groups? It’s completely insulting to the profession to suggest that just because individual students aren’t in full time we shouldn’t be paid. And I worked my ass off teaching my full timetable remotely while we were closed. I am entitled to be paid for that. Why would I spend night and day recording demonstrations and correcting for less than my pay? It was more work, not less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

If the schools open part time to students who do you think works full time to teach the different groups? It’s completely insulting to the profession to suggest that just because individual students aren’t in full time we shouldn’t be paid. And I worked my ass off teaching my full timetable remotely while we were closed. I am entitled to be paid for that. Why would I spend night and day recording demonstrations and correcting for less than my pay? It was more work, not less

If teachers fullfil their obligations of course they should be paid.

And fair dues to you for working hard during lockdown, as did many of your colleagues. But, again with respect, there are many of your colleagues who did not - just talk to some parents and you will find out. And for anyone to claim that all teachers did as you did, well thats not reality.

And the issue which really bugs people is that you will get paid the same as a teacher who simply confined their work to sending out one email every day and left it at that. You deserve more than they do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Glad to say that the survey has been modified.

Advertisement