Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you been tested?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭bren2001

I've been referred for a test, doni get a text, a letter, a phonecall to let me know when it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

Have symptoms: feeling like fire from back of nose all the way down to lungs; dry cough; headaches; body aches; and slight fever.

GP won't refer me for test as he's prioritising older people and people who can't get out of bed (I've been wfh to keep my mind off the symptoms, which although uncomfortable I can walk around with).

I can understand his sentiment, given the limited number of tests. The family (OH had similar symptoms but now appears over the hump) will self-isolate for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Have symptoms: feeling like fire from back of nose all the way down to lungs; dry cough; headaches; body aches; and slight fever.

GP won't refer me for test as he's prioritising older people and people who can't get out of bed (I've been wfh to keep my mind off the symptoms, which although uncomfortable I can walk around with).

I can understand his sentiment, given the limited number of tests. The family (OH had similar symptoms but now appears over the hump) will self-isolate for 2 weeks.

If you do have it, is the self isolation period not longer?

recyclebin wrote: »
    If you do have it, is the self isolation period not longer?

Two weeks after symptoms go. GP told me 5-7 days would be sufficient but wanted to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

This is interesting as your symptoms clearly fit the criteria, you must be young with no history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Good luck

I got tested - Sunday

Im still waiting

Did you get results?

krissovo wrote: »
    This is interesting as your symptoms clearly fit the criteria, you must be young with no history.

Youngish:) - late 30s. I have well-controlled asthma. GP's advice was to take steroid inhaler increasingly while symptoms persist and call back if peak flow worsrbs significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If someone was sneezing a little, felt a little run down, etc would they be running to the doctor to be tested for whatever?

No they wouldn't.

This is bringing out all the worriers.

If you actually had it you would know.

Relax.
    Would you though? Idris Elba tested positive despite having no symptoms and I'm sure he's not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

My son and I got tested on Saturday in Limerick. No results as yet. How long are people waiting for results nationally?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't know. But i just wanted to say i hope you will both be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

How long did you all have to wait for the test confirmation? From your gp referal? My sons have been refered from one this morn from my gp but my workplace want to know when the test is. And how long did you wait to take the test

I don't know. But i just wanted to say i hope you will both be ok.

Thanks so much.

lfen wrote: »
    I know someone who was tested Monday morning and is still waiting for the results. They have an underlying illness and were told that they are priority 1.

I was tested Saturday, underlying illness and still waiting on result. Rang GP and GP said they have no results back at all yet from testing. And they have had a good few get tested. Cluster of positive cases in my area from early on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

On average I understand its 12 hours in hospital and 72 in the community.

I'd definitely ring them at this stage.

Sometimes test results go to your gp. Make sure your gp is in the loop (still operating as normal).

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Friend of mine was tested at 11am on Tuesday morning. Was told it would take 4 days for the results.
    He got the result back at 2pm yesterday. He tested positive (he'd doing OK), so perhaps they contact people who are positive quicker.

On average I understand its 12 hours in hospital and 72 in the community.

I'd definitely ring them at this stage.

Sometimes test results go to your gp. Make sure your gp is in the loop (still operating as normal).

Best of luck.
    Thanks. Was an out of hours doc who sent us to get tested. Rang them last night and they said test results go to own GP. Rang him. No results. Rang HSE and they said GP. Really need to know as need to get to shop for bread and milk but can't leave the house.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread merged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Any ideas about how the backlog of waiting to be tested is going? I rang my GP last Monday morning because I am showing symptoms and was told at that stage that it would be a few days. Still waiting for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Any ideas about the backlog of waiting to be tested is going? I rang my GP last Monday morning because I am showing symptoms and was told at that stage that it would be a few days. Still waiting for the test.

I'm in the same boat, rang GP on monday morning but the new referral system crashed, she rang me back & did a phone consultation, based on the answers she believes i have Covid-19. She said she'd make the referral.

45 minutes later i get a call from a very helpful lady in the dept of social protection asking me a few questions, she sends illness benefit form in the post which i receive Wednesday, fill out & a neighbour posts for me. Since then nothing, the HSE helpline is anything but helpful, i don't blame the staff one bit. I know they're under tremendous pressure & have their own health to worry about.

My concern isn't for me as I'm relatively healthy, my concern is for wife who has a chronic illness (crohn's disease) & several other underlying health issues, our 2 kids have auto immune & gastro intestinal issues & are both autistic. We are self isolating in accordance with guidelines.

All we can really do is just try to be patient & wait, unfortunately this is going to get a lot worse & i fear thousands will die. I'm worried for my elderly parents as I'm usually the one who checks on them, gets them groceries, prescriptions as none of my siblings will bother even though they live close & i live about 60 miles away.

Anyone else finding themselves in a similar predicament?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hey guys, I had a high temp since the last 10 days and tightness in chest. Doc sent a referral for a test on Friday and got tested on Monday. Public health on the phone said 48 hours for a result. I'm isolating since Friday gone. Just wondering should I ring to check is the test done. Or is it because paddy's day was Tuesday are the tests backed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭bren2001

Any ideas about how the backlog of waiting to be tested is going? I rang my GP last Monday morning because I am showing symptoms and was told at that stage that it would be a few days. Still waiting for the test.

I was referred on Tuesday night. Not heard anything in relation to being tested from the hse. It'd be nice to know when, even if it's a few days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

3 to 4 days is the waiting time I got told and am hearing from other people referred x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Is it only your GP that can refer you to be tested? or can the people manning the HSE helpline 1850 24 1850 refer you as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Referred for test on Monday and haven't heard anything since. Feeling much better which is a good sign but looking forward to getting clarity either way

signostic wrote: »
    Is it only your GP that can refer you to be tested? or can the people manning the HSE helpline 1850 24 1850 refer you as well?

Only GP, if they think you might have it

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ax530

A GP so if you not registered you can still ring any GP who will discuss with you and arrange test, have your PPS number on hand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Referred for test on Monday and haven't heard anything since. Feeling much better which is a good sign but looking forward to getting clarity either way

How long before Monday did you start showing symptoms?

How long before Monday did you start showing symptoms?

Last Tuesday, didnt qualify for a test last week as hadn't travelled or come into known contact. Dr called back to check if I wanted the test then when guidelines were changed. Feel fine this week thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Last Tuesday, didnt qualify for a test last week as hadn't travelled or come into known contact. Dr called back to check if I wanted the test then when guidelines were changed. Feel fine this week thankfully

For your own sake would be better to know as you would have some immunity and you wouldn't have to wonder whether you can still contract it or not.

• Advertisement

Only GP, if they think you might have it

They need to get rid of that part as soon as possible. GP’s hold too much sway at the best of times here, but this really is no time for them having control.

Advertisement