Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelz 1 day clinic

• 01-08-2020 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Has anybody done the 1 day Pelz clinic in kileen.

If so was it worth the money.

I'm am 18 handicap just in case your asking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭bren2001

I did it last year,. There was 6 in my group if I recall and the rough structure:

Morning:
      ~ 45 minutes on flop shots hitting it into a circular net ~ 45 minutes on bunker shots in a bunker using the Pelz bunker board. ~ 45 minutes on chip shots around the green
    Each section include the instructor explaining the theory, showing you and then you hitting balls and them fixing it.

Evening is all putting:
      ~ 45 minutes on alignment using a mirror. Your putter length is checked. ~ 45 minutes on short putts using the putter trainer ~ 45 minutes on lag putting
    The putting is a bit more just hit the ball and has less instruction to it.

The rest of the time is filled up either moving around or just general introductions with a closing session. You can buy any of the aides that you used throughout the day but there's no hard sell.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The weather was cracking. Lunch was lovely. My short game definitely was much much better after and I still follow a lot of what they said. You're given plenty of time to practice and the instructor was quite good. The instructor spends a reasonable amount of time with everyone. It gave me a very good grounding in what I should be doing. It was great to just dedicate an entire day to one aspect. I'm an 18 handicap myself (although, that's generous and should be higher imo).

Saying that, at 195e it is probably overpriced. There was nothing special about it and any instructor could provide the same instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

bren2001 wrote: »
    I did it last year,. There was 6 in my group if I recall and the rough structure:

Morning:
      ~ 45 minutes on flop shots hitting it into a circular net ~ 45 minutes on bunker shots in a bunker using the Pelz bunker board. ~ 45 minutes on chip shots around the green
    Each section include the instructor explaining the theory, showing you and then you hitting balls and them fixing it.

Evening is all putting:
      ~ 45 minutes on alignment using a mirror. Your putter length is checked. ~ 45 minutes on short putts using the putter trainer ~ 45 minutes on lag putting
    The putting is a bit more just hit the ball and has less instruction to it.

The rest of the time is filled up either moving around or just general introductions with a closing session. You can buy any of the aides that you used throughout the day but there's no hard sell.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The weather was cracking. Lunch was lovely. My short game definitely was much much better after and I still follow a lot of what they said. You're given plenty of time to practice and the instructor was quite good. The instructor spends a reasonable amount of time with everyone. It gave me a very good grounding in what I should be doing. It was great to just dedicate an entire day to one aspect. I'm an 18 handicap myself (although, that's generous and should be higher imo).

Saying that, at 195e it is probably overpriced. There was nothing special about it and any instructor could provide the same instruction.

Thanks for the detailed response, would I be better off just getting 4 lessons instead of paying 195 for the days in Kileen.

My putting is probably the most that I need to improve and as you said they dont really do much on that, so it might be better for me to get 1-1 lesson on putting instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭bren2001

fran83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed response, would I be better off just getting 4 lessons instead of paying 195 for the days in Kileen.

My putting is probably the most that I need to improve and as you said they dont really do much on that, so it might be better for me to get 1-1 lesson on putting instead.

Working 1-1 with a coach would be a better use of time imo. Then it's all about buying a putting mat and practising.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭doogie!

I did it last year, 18 handicapper too and was lucky as I was the only one there on the day, the chipping and pitching lessons made a passive difference to my game, for that alone it is worth it. I would go back for a refresher again no problem.

Advertisement