Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chondral ulcer on knee

• 07-04-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have previously had once ACL tear which was fixed through reconstruction although i twisted the same knee three years later only to be told by radiologists and a consultant that it was gone again. Although after recently getting a second opinion it was found that these findings were incorrect and that my ACL was still intact. I did however have a chondral ulcer near the lateral side of my knee.From the small research i have done it is said that these ulcers form from degenerating of cartilage or a traumatic injury like ACL tear. But seeing as i dont have an ACL tear it does pose the question what the injury was. If i rewind back to the moment i could just remember my knee collapsing inwards after landing from a jump and it was as if my kneecap was moving from left to right. This was all accompanied by a pop of course which i think may have been the femur and tibia crashing together as i had bone odema in the MRI 2 days later. One possibility i have researched though is a sublaxation of the knee which is basically a partial dislocation. This is what i may have felt when my foot hit the ground but by the time i collapsed in pain my kneecap had gone back into place. At the moment I have played football again after a bit of rehab (Up until quarantine) and found that i had no problem turning etc. indicating a stable ACL but, i did find slight pain near the lateral side of the knee which is most likely the ulcer. Anyway i guess the main question im asking is does anyone know any other types of injuries that accompany a chondral ulcer and if anyone here has had one what is the best way to get over it?

Advertisement