Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taylor Swift

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I forgot this thread existed. :eek::o:pac:

ME!

I love it (unsurprisingly :pac:)!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 linda887

Wilberto wrote: »
    I forgot this thread existed. :eek::o:pac:

ME!

I love it (unsurprisingly :pac:)!

LOve this song!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

cgpg5 wrote: »
    First single "love story" was good, didn't like the second one ("you belong with me" or something) but can't really remember any of her songs since.

Will fade into obscurity soon enough I feel

post from 7 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Me is so damn catchy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Again, forgot about this thread.

You Need To Calm Down

:)

• Advertisement

How did Scooter Braun get her music?

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    How did Scooter Braun get her music?

Bought it off Scott Borchetta's Big Machine Label Group. :(

Wilberto wrote: »
    Bought it off Scott Borchetta's Big Machine Label Group. :(

Surely she could afford to buy it herself as the highest paid celebrity in 2019

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely she could afford to buy it herself as the highest paid celebrity in 2019

Scooter actually bought the whole Big Machine Label Group for 300m (or around that figure anyway I think). It wouldn't have sold for anywhere near that amount had Taylor's music been stripped out of it and sold to Taylor herself.

Their (Scooter Brawn and Scott Borchetta) defence is that Taylor was offered her music and claimed that she was lying when she said that she wasn't.

There's two flaws in that argument though. Firstly, she never claimed that she wasn't offered. In fact, she even states it clearly in her Tumblr post that she was offered. However (and this leads on to the second part), it was conditional on her signing a new deal with Big Machine despite her going out and seeing what else was out there, and there was in what is one of the biggest music labels out there in UMG in an offer that she simply couldn't turn down. Yet, BM did their best to hold her past music over her head in order to get her to re-sign with them.

For the reason mentioned in the first paragraph though, I can understand why BM didn't want to sell Taylor's music separately as it would (I'm guessing) significantly devalue the rest of the BM portfolio.

It's just the fact that it went to that other cock that's the most frustrating bit. :rolleyes:

I may be slightly biased but I make absolutely no apologies for being so. :pac::)

Anyway. let's just all look forward to the release of TS7 on the 23rd of August, followed shortly (I hope (I desperately hope)) by the release of any potential tour news and dates. :):):)

• Advertisement

So......Taylor had one of her live Insta Chats tonight, and she only went and dropped a surprise single! :eek: :eek:

It's very different from the first two, but so so beautiful. This album is getting better and better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Turns out the old Taylor isn't dead :) Love this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

New Tour being announced on Monday ?
    2FM apparently have an exciting TS announcement coming on Monday anyways.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    New Tour being announced on Monday ?
    2FM apparently have an exciting TS announcement coming on Monday anyways.

I know what it is.

It'll be tickets to her "City of Lover" Concert in Paris on the 9th of September. :eek::eek:

I never actually tune into 2fm but I guess I'll be glued to it on Monday! :pac::)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I am in love with this album, there's two songs that aren't immediate favourites, but we'll deal with it cause for an 18 song album, 16 bangers is unreal.

Oh please announce dates soon

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Carol25

New album is brilliant, absolutely love it! Cornelia Street, London Boy, The Man, Soon you’ll get better, Afterglow, etc, etc...not to mention the title track Lover!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Her cover of the Phil Collins song on the recent bbc live lounge is absolutely beautiful. I’ve been a fan of her from the very start. I think she is the most perfect female to ever exist on this earth, looks, talent, confidence, even politically she never puts a foot wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Carol25

There seems to be a lot of milestones reached for her previous albums this week, anyone have a favourite? I find it hard to choose between Lover, 1989, Red and Speak Now...depends on my mood! They’re all brilliant.
    She’s written a song with Andrew Lloyd Webber called Beautiful Ghosts for the Cats Movie...

• Advertisement

I'm a big Taylor Swift fan but I would be interested to hear, what are people's thoughts on this new album? It's a big departure for her into the alternative genre but nothing she hasn't done before crossing from Country to Pop, Synth Pop, etc.
    Have given it a few listens and think it's amazing - perfect lockdown album, along with the terrible weather today. You can really hear The National's influence on the album, as well as Jack Antonoff.

Mad Woman :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Wow just found this thread today. I love Taylor Swift and her representation of authenticity, originality and refusal to prostitute herself out to appease the ‘industry’. I was just about to start a new thread based on her re-recordings...🀗

Wow just found this thread today. I love Taylor Swift and her representation of authenticity, originality and refusal to prostitute herself out to appease the ‘industry’. I was just about to start a new thread based on her re-recordings...🀗

I'm a massive Swiftie. Looking forward to the 9th April to listen to Fearless again. I'm avoiding all her Big Machine music so that I really get that "new album" feel all over again with thiee ones. :D:)

(I highly approve of your username btw! :pac:)

So who’s excited for April 9th :-) Will be interesting to hear the other Vault songs also..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Absolutely, i love some of her vault songs from Fearless. It’s sad she has to re-record her life’s work but at least she’ll own it this way. Seems to be rumours of 1989 coming next..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Something of a sociopath about her.

Talk of Adele duet

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Talk of Adele duet

Called Broken Heart I think. Tbf, there's going to be 30 songs on Red (Taylor's Version) so it'll be one of the extra ones. :D:):)

• Advertisement

Taylor Swift’s ’Midnights' Breaks Spotify Record for Most-Streamed Album in a Single Day

Advertisement